Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I need the SD version of the update. Does someone still have it saved on their PC so I can get you to send it to me via Gmail please?(20 meg file transfers) PM me if you have it and I'll reply with my email addy.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    wow, thank goodness for this thread, i did update and though it completed being that i was on sprint 1.10 rom now... i did checks posted and the versions were all wrong.... i backed up phone via rescobackup and hard reset, ran update again via computer and all checks ok now, i restored device back via resco backup and all done
    Quote Originally Posted by heyknee2 View Post
    PS, does anyone have the instructions copied, since Palm took off the updater, it also removed the instructions on what to do post updating.
    I think I remember it beiing posted somewhere in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144589
    I've reinstalled Dial by photo and Agendus and it seems to be working better now.

I also noticed a somewaht usless feature on the Text messaging app. When I send a txt to someone I haven't got a chat started with I get a "pending read receipt" (which would be great if it worked) but even when someone does open the txt it never updates...wierd.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I did the update and all checks out but I still have the lag and don't notice any difference. It seems as if the update is a fake just to calm us all down.
    Did my RM via SD card......was a simple a fast ..20 min...process. E erything works hell faster. No issues whatsoever.....Blazer bounces fast in and out.....switching between aps is swift. Waited a year for this kinda performance....

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    DJ...I got it at home on PC. I'm at work now though. If need it PM me on here and I can send it to ya.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    i did update via PC, hardreset phone first then did upgrade, all checks ok with versions but the performance is still nothing to brag about, someone sent me a text other day and when i went to go open, it stood on blank screen to load for like 10 secs, this happens every now and then. Also when connecting to blazer for first time, i am still getting the white screen of death...my blazer version is 4.5... is that right one with update, did this version even change?

does anyone notice a touch tone sound along with regular error tone on the treo now after the ROM update?

you can hear it if u type more then 160 characters on a text message, try it out.. also hear it before some of my old m4a ringers play that i made for phone before ROM update
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i did update via PC, hardreset phone first then did upgrade, all checks ok with versions but the performance is still nothing to brag about, someone sent me a text other day and when i went to go open, it stood on blank screen to load for like 10 secs, this happens every now and then. Also when connecting to blazer for first time, i am still getting the white screen of death...my blazer version is 4.5... is that right one with update, did this version even change?

does anyone notice a touch tone sound along with regular error tone on the treo now after the ROM update?

you can hear it if u type more then 160 characters on a text message, try it out.. also hear it before some of my old m4a ringers play that i made for phone before ROM update
    Nothing of the sort here....all can say is that I'm pleased with the performance after the MR. It's made a considerable difference in the app switching, blazer and bluetooth.
    i see the bluetooth changes with my car, i now have the battery indicator

can u tell me the version of blazer u are using?

i am holding down short key W to go to web and getting the white screen, this is pretty much for only the first time i access the web and have to sign onto vision
    i see the bluetooth changes with my car, i now have the battery indicator

can u tell me the version of blazer u are using?

i am holding down short key W to go to web and getting the white screen, this is pretty much for only the first time i access the web and have to sign onto vision
    MY BT version is the same as the listed 'new REV#' version by OP of this thread...(Treo upsatirs in bedroom...wife sleeping...waking her up = bad)
    well folks I have also done the upgrade and this is what I lost. I no longer have my email icon on my phone screen that tells me how many messages I have that aren't read.

I also lost my active sync. if I delete or read a message on my device it will not sync it with my exchange server. anyone else haveing these problems???

my upgrade also took 45 min to an hour. and I've had to do 2 hard resets to try and fix the problems above.

Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrooks View Post
    well folks I have also done the upgrade and this is what I lost. I no longer have my email icon on my phone screen that tells me how many messages I have that aren't read.

I also lost my active sync. if I delete or read a message on my device it will not sync it with my exchange server. anyone else haveing these problems???

my upgrade also took 45 min to an hour. and I've had to do 2 hard resets to try and fix the problems above.

Jeremy
    Then the MR update hasn't been applied correctly. Did you perform the update via USB cable or SD card?
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Update Fried My Mother Board

I was having a problems updating my phone. Originally I was having problems with the download. Then when using the install it would quit on my. I deleted everything and started again. Did the download then the backup install then I started having my problems. First problem is I could not receive or dial out calls it. Every time I tried to set this phone feature it would reboot and be in the same place. I did a hard reset and my phone would not get past the target screen. It would just reset and reset. Took it into sprint and they told me my mother board was fried. They replaced my 700p and everything is fine now even without the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Then the MR update hasn't been applied correctly. Did you perform the update via USB cable or SD card?
    The missing e-mail icon (counter) is the result of the MR being correctly applied.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144949
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Yep, that's the DMTF bug that's also present on the 755p. Guess we'll have to wait for MR2!
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan View Post
    ...Guess we'll have to wait for MR2!
    I would not hold my breath for this one
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I have all the problems reported (DTMF tone, blurry text in blazer and 5-7 resets/day,SAG not working properly) and none of the improvements (blazer still slow to switch, lag BT irregularities)

I'm getting mine replaced and leaving it at 1.08 untill the MR is fixed (if it ever is...not holding my breath)
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    ^you must have followed Palm's instructions to the letter.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I did. hard reset prior to update, restored via Hotsynch after. All app versions report the correct version for the update...BAD JUJU!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast