Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wow...sorry the 700p Update didn't work out for so many people ...but I get a strong feeling some of you have never performed a firmware update on anything.....EVER!!!! And a lot of you first timers are just plain messing up!!
    For instance ....Have you ever read a manual for anything?...EVER? Have you ever done a firmware upgrade on anything? EVER?..
    Here is the deal and trust me on this ..if you couldn't get your Linksys router to work yourself ...forget it!!! Find somebody more competent than you to upgrade your 700p. We are not all technically oriented and denial will just brick your Treo...so..heed my words...if you don't know ..and don't trust yourself ...bring it to SPRINT!!!!! Don't f**k it up and then blame PALM!!!!!! The update worked fine ...but I bet a lot of idiots unplugged the Phone or interrupted the process before it was complete!!!!!!! That would be the main cause of it not working ...I guarantee you!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhasheene View Post
    Wow...sorry the 700p Update didn't work out for so many people ...but I get a strong feeling some of you have never performed a firmware update on anything.....EVER!!!! And a lot of you first timers are just plain messing up!!
    For instance ....Have you ever read a manual for anything?...EVER? Have you ever done a firmware upgrade on anything? EVER?..
    Here is the deal and trust me on this ..if you couldn't get your Linksys router to work yourself ...forget it!!! Find somebody more competent than you to upgrade your 700p. We are not all techically oriented and denial will just brick yur Treo...so..heed my words...if you don't know ..and don't trust yourself ...bring it to SPRINT!!!!! Don't f**k it up and then blame PALM!!!!!! The update worked fine ...but I bet a lot of idiots unplugged the Phone or interupted the process before it was complete!!!!!!! That would be the main cause of it not working ...I guaratee you!!!!!!!!!
    Sprint will not do the update for you.
    Rasheene--
    You may be an expert or you may have been really lucky. This board seems to be populated by folks who are at least intermediate techies and many of us had problems even though we followed the directions precisely and repeatedly. Perhaps a little more empathy and a lot less arrogance would be more becoming of you. The alternative. of course, ....
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    Sprint will not do the update for you.

OOPS!!! That's messed up!!!!!!!!!!
    I wouldn't say lucky.....and yea I'm a techie to the point where lessons have been learned about following instructions. But do you realize that the most minute issue can mess up a firmware upgrade? If there was something wrong with the upgrade ...we would ALL be having the same problem. Don't u get it?
    I wouldn't say lucky.....and yea I'm a techie to the point where lessons have been learned about following instructions. But do you realize that the most minute issue can mess up a firmware upgrade? If there was something wrong with the upgrade ...we would ALL be having the same problem. Don't u get it?
    I think I get it but am not sure that you do. Assuming you read the board regularly, you should know that there appears to be a wide variation in the quality and thus the issues, if any, of the 700s that are out there. Many of the issues can;t be blamed on competing 3rd party software or user ineptness. There are also dozens of posts in the last 48 hours from "regulars" and other seemingly-knowledgable users who couldn't get the MR to load, who had new and serious issues from the MR, or who were less than happy with the result.

This strongly suggests major issues with the MR itself, especially for those who tried to obtain it by following Palm's instructions for their OS as opposed to a work-around intended for other OSs using SD cards. Maybe you need to open your mind to the idea that there are lots of fairly competent people out here in addition to yourself and check your raving sanctimony at the door.

Get in now???
    that's not necessarily true. many people have had problems by following palm's directions to the letter. while this update was flawless for me i have had problems with updates before, and i do consider myself an experienced power user. just because your update went ok doesn't mean that someone else who was less fortunate didn't follow the directions; there are more factors involved besides just the phone itself to have a successful update, don't generalize out of ignorance.

!! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneBear View Post
    Maybe you need to open your mind to the idea that there are lots of fairly competent people out here in addition to yourself and check your raving sanctimony at the door.

Get in now???
    Phonebear....My Treo Work's REAL REEEEAAAAAAAAL GOOD.......U mad?
    don't be mad.
    Ok....lemme see...aside from the fact that the 3rd party software is removed ......during the upgrade......and the rom is addressed.....and upgraded ...are u trying to say ....all the treo roms are different?...and won't absord the data the same?????? Cmon...work with me here ...I'm really curious.
    Actually, yes, some are different. The developer of Uninstall Manager worked with me for over a month because the app didn't work as it should on my 700p and a handful of others. Specifically, hotsyncs are handled differently by my 700p than 95% of the other 700p's, such that the Sandbox function would not work. He figured it out though. It's the 700p itself, and had nothing to do with other third party software.
    Phonebear....My Treo Work's REAL REEEEAAAAAAAAL GOOD.......U mad?
    don't be mad.
    I'm actually quite glad for you and the others who succeeded in finally getting what they paid for. I just wish you had a tad of empathy for those of us who didn't instead of taunting us. Go back to kicking your dog or something...you're boring me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Actually, yes, some are different. The developer of Uninstall Manager worked with me for over a month because the app didn't work as it should on my 700p and a handful of others. Specifically, hotsyncs are handled differently by my 700p than 95% of the other 700p's, such that the Sandbox function would not work. He figured it out though. It's the 700p itself, and had nothing to do with other third party software.

As if somebody at palm said ....Let's give each 700p its own personality.
    Some you will like .....some you will want to stomp the screen out of with metal boots.

"Fascinating Captain"...said Mr. Spock.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Mine went well. I think the trick is to backup, hard reset and then sd card update without touching it for an hour. Mine updated then reset and started backing up. All my firmware/software versions are up to date. The phone seems snappier. Good luck all.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneBear View Post
    Go back to kicking your dog or something...you're boring me.
    I don't have a dog phonebear...you'll just have to do....lol...by the way...only boring people get bored. Mama Said!!!

Does your 700p actually still work?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    If you go to the Contacts App. Click menu About. It should be at 1.3.3 and not 1.3.1.
    I checked my Contacts App and the version stated 1.3.1, but the Map button was available. Weird.

Within the Apps program, I found that I actually had both Contacts App 1.3.1 and 1.3.3 installed. I used the Apps program to delete 'Contacts' (not knowing what would happen) and it actually deleted 1.3.1. Now checking the version within Contacts shows 1.3.3. However, deleting Contacts deleted all of my contacts along with it. Had to overwrite sync.

Hope my MR went through... Everything else checks out okay.
    Rhasheen

FYI, I've done 10 MR's on treo's for myselff and my customers. Your comments are rude, uninformed and completely unessary. I simply asked if anyone had simiilar issues.

I followed the directions exactly including doing a tethered synch after the MR was complete. I didn't get my calendar or contacts back so did a BB restore...like MANY here.

If all you are going to do is insult people why bother posting at all???
    Last edited by Dragonman; 06/06/2007 at 01:14 PM.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Sorry if you found my comments on ineptness when upgrading insulting but you wouldn't feel insulted if your 700p was working properly after your upgrade. And you know what ...if you did mess up during that upgrade ..it's possible ..the first time you disconnected the phone prematurely...was all you really needed to mess the upgrade up. Honestly....the way my 700p is behaving now??? I think palm got it right. The Big mistake however seems to be a mess up with the carriers ....why would Sprint NOT do the upgrade for you if you don't trust yourself enough to do it yourself ...and by the looks of this whole thing?...I bet Vorizon is going to pass completely. Never did like them anyway....since James Earl Jones contract ran out...lol.
  18.    #38  
    Any chance you can post in a different thread and let us discuss real issues in this one instead of blabbering about how smart you think you are?

Probably not, but I thought I'd ask.
    The actual upgrade went well for me via the card - not a problem. I have though encountered a "few" issues, I hope I remember them all.

#1 - an interaction problem between TakePhone and Call Block that results in th e device resetting if Call Block is enabled.

#2 - Mundu Radio resets. Installed the latest build and it reset once, then ran fine and eventually lost the play list. Deleted the application.

#3 - Still experiencing the occasional loss of HanDBase data files when the DB cache is cleared.

#4 - The DB cache went from around 15mb free to around 14mb free.

#5 - Had to lengthen some of the WAV based files I use for call announcement.

Ben
    h e l p....I downloaded the upgrade yesterday, ran it just a little while ago, should have looked here first.....I ran theupdate, it seems to have finished, but now if I try any apps, it crashes..and resets...what to do? How does one do this from the SD card? None of the app versions seem to match the new versions cited in previous threads on this subject. Google not only does not synch with contacts, it crashes the phone everytime! HELP!!!

PS, does anyone have the instructions copied, since Palm took off the updater, it also removed the instructions on what to do post updating.

Thanks
    Last edited by heyknee2; 06/06/2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: more help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast