Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey there, Treo enthusiasts! I’d like to introduce to you a handy extension for your Treo: Xtndr.

Xtndr is an extension for your Palm Treo smartphone. It allows you to assign more application to the application buttons on your device, it features a customizable info pop-up that can show you all kinds of information, including but not limited to the current time, the phone and bluetooth statuses, and the number of unread SMS and email messages. This handy info pop-up can also replace the system default Keyguard. But Xtndr doesn’t stop there. In addition to all this it lets you customize the alternative character selection system that is provided when you press the Alt key.

Xtndr supports the Treo 650, 680, 700p and 755. Testing has mostly been done on the Treo 680.

Xtndr is shareware, the trial version, however, is neither feature- nor time-limited. A registration code can currently be obtained through the bloo7 website, though I will probably make it available through Palmgear eventually as well.

Check it out at http://en.bloo7.com/xtndr.

Any kind of feedback is appreciated, be it praise, criticism, bug reports or feature suggestions!

German users might also want to check out the thread on the forum at Nexave.de: http://www.nexave.de/forum/thread.php?postid=239292
    Last edited by Ulfrinn; 06/07/2007 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Updated screenshot
    Does your app check only Versamail for unread emails?

I tried it on the 650 but does now work for me. It went into a reset loop cycle.

It would also good if you can add the mute button status so you have the one look display.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Does your app check only Versamail for unread emails?
    No, Xtndr will check with the default email application for unread mail. Generally speaking, Xtndr works with any email client of which the number of unread messages is displayed in the Phone application. Personally I use SnapperMail and it’s working fine.

I tried it on the 650 but does now work for me. It went into a reset loop cycle.
    If you didn’t know already, you can exit such a reset loop by keeping the up button pressed until the Palm logo disappears.
    When or how did the first crash occur (the one, that started the loop)? Can you tell me, what the crash log says? To find out, open the Phone application in dial pad view and enter #*377 (sharp, asterisk, three, seven, seven), then press the green send key.

It would also good if you can add the mute button status so you have the one look display.
    The mute status is already displayed (confirmed to work on the Treo 680); it’s the icon to the left of the Bluetooth icon in the top row of the screenshot. The status should even update while the info pop-up is open, when you slide the switch.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    subscribe
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    subscribe
    sxtg, if you want to subscribe to this thread, use the Thread Tools menu at the very top of this thread.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Dont really wanna. I don't need an email everytime someones posts to it. I just want to be able to find it with a quick search.
    I installed this on my 700p, and was excited, I like the replacement for the Keyguard, and the Shift-Key option, but now I get soft resets when pressing the home Key, #*#377# shows 'A reset was caused on 6/5/07 at 11:44am while running 'Xtndr': Fatal Exception.
    It's not a loop, and the keyguard still works as do the shift-key's I set, just not the Home key.
    I did notice the following before it started resetting, it showed 'Phone Off' even when my phone is on. I am using a Verizon Wireless 700p
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I installed this on my 700p, and was excited, I like the replacement for the Keyguard, and the Shift-Key option, but now I get soft resets when pressing the home Key, #*#377# shows 'A reset was caused on 6/5/07 at 11:44am while running 'Xtndr': Fatal Exception.
    It's not a loop, and the keyguard still works as do the shift-key's I set, just not the Home key.
    I did notice the following before it started resetting, it showed 'Phone Off' even when my phone is on. I am using a Verizon Wireless 700p
    Thanks for pointing that out, I will investigate the issue. Meanwhile, can you check whether pressing the home key also causes your Treo 700p to crash, when you haven’t assigned a secondary application to the home key using Xtndr? That would help me isolate the issue. Oh, and one more thing: Do you have any other application installed, that remaps the home button (such as ZLauncher)?
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    I've got it narrowed down, pressing the home key only causes resets when in the Phone, it works fine with or without the shift-key assignment to the home key elsewhere, just resets when I enter the Phone, then try to exit. I have nothing installed on this 700p, in fact I have to do a hard reset to get it working again, so it's completely stock.
    Thanks
  10.    #10  
    I've got it narrowed down, pressing the home key only causes resets when in the Phone, it works fine with or without the shift-key assignment to the home key elsewhere, just resets when I enter the Phone, then try to exit. I have nothing installed on this 700p, in fact I have to do a hard reset to get it working again, so it's completely stock.
    Thanks
    Before doing a hard reset try pressing Opt + Home.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Ulfrinn, Xtndr is a nice app, and I hope that soon, there will be lots of new features.

One thing though, on installation, the default settings should be to not take over the buttons. This is very disorienting, as I discovered after installation of Xtndr. Once users familiarize themselves with the operation, then they can customize it as they wish.

- mvk

PS: I've had some resets with Xtndr, but then, my Treo 650 is in a mess right now.
    Game over!
    Nope, that resets it too. This is a demo phone from work, not my personal 700p, so I don't mind
  13.    #13  
    Nope, that resets it too. This is a demo phone from work, not my personal 700p, so I don't mind
    Thanks, I will look into that issue.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
    Any kind of feedback is appreciated, be it praise, criticism, bug reports or feature suggestions!
    Looks like a great program!
    Feature Suggestion: I'd like to be able to view Today's Appointments/Tasks...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Looks like a great program!
    Feature Suggestion: I'd like to be able to view Today's Appointments/Tasks...
    That is already planned for the 1.2 or so release.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
    That is already planned for the 1.2 or so release.
    Wow - you're fast!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Wow - you're fast!
    Let’s say, I have a really busy schedule for the future of the Xtndr.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    KeyGuardPlus+
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    KeyGuardPlus+
    … does have some of the features that Xtndr has (and some that Xtndr doesn’t have). It offers, for instance, no way of assigning more applications to the hard buttons, however, and neither does it allow to customize the special character input system.
    Last edited by Ulfrinn; 06/05/2007 at 05:55 PM.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I loaded this and it shows that my phone is off even when it is definitely on...
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast