Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    I’ve now made some adjustments. Try http://en.bloo7.com/xtndr.php?locale=en to see if it works now.

It’s a strange bug, that I’ve never encountered before (and even now I can’t reproduce it).
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
    I’ve now made some adjustments. Try http://en.bloo7.com/xtndr.php?locale=en to see if it works now.

It’s a strange bug, that I’ve never encountered before (and even now I can’t reproduce it).
    Maybe it some strange cookie on my system. I'll try to figure it out.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Has anybody tried this with the Centro? It installs fine but on the info pop up it says the phone is off when it's on. And on Launch Pad only shows one application and then automaticly launches it. Looks like a great program, I like the Launch pad function expecially if you can launch it from the select button.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Has anybody tried this with the Centro? It installs fine but on the info pop up it says the phone is off when it's on.
    Thanks for pointing that out. This appears to be similar to an issue with the Treo 700p where the was a bug in some system-supplied routines. I will soon release a fix for that.

And on Launch Pad only shows one application and then automaticly launches it. Looks like a great program, I like the Launch pad function expecially if you can launch it from the select button.
    The Launch Pad never shows more than one application at the same time (though you can, of course, assign more). You can, however, press the arrow buttons or the application buttons repeatedly to page through the list. If you find the timeout before the Launch Pad starts an application to short, you can adjust it by choosing Options > More Options from the menu in the Launch Pad preferences screen.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    I trialed Xtndr today and found several bugs. First, as indicated by Gottria, it indicated that my phone was off when it was on (I have a 755p by the way). Second, even though I set the Pop-up to come up via the keyguard or when pressing up, it didn't come up until I disabled the Butler keyguard. I then went into the popup screen and legthened it to 10 seconds so that I could be sure I had everything set up like I wanted. Then everything I did caused the popup window to come up and by the time it went off my screen would go dark. I couldn't even get back to it to change the time. Everytime I touched the home key the popup would come back up. Finally, I thought I would go into my phone app (I also use Ultimate Phone, which has an app launcher, that I don't usually use), so I enabled the app launcher, went to my Uninstall Manager and deleted Xtndr. The app has a lot of promise, but despite all the updates to get rid of bugs, it still seems to have quite a few. I'll give it another try, when it becomes more stable.
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Second, even though I set the Pop-up to come up via the keyguard or when pressing up, it didn't come up until I disabled the Butler keyguard.
    So this seems to be more an issue of misconfiguration and not a bug in Xtndr. As you described it, Butler prevent Xtndr from showing its keyguard, because you explicitly told it so.

I then went into the popup screen and legthened it to 10 seconds so that I could be sure I had everything set up like I wanted. Then everything I did caused the popup window to come up and by the time it went off my screen would go dark. I couldn't even get back to it to change the time. Everytime I touched the home key the popup would come back up.
    That is in fact a rare bug that I’ve experienced myself only once. You might want to see, whether it still persists after a soft reset.

The app has a lot of promise, but despite all the updates to get rid of bugs, it still seems to have quite a few. I'll give it another try, when it becomes more stable.
    You have pointed out exactly two, one of them (the operator widget bug) being a bug in your Treos system software, not in Xtndr. That’s not what I would call «quite a few». If you’ve found other bugs, however, don’t hesitate to tell me.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    First let me say, that new applications not only have to look at functionality as stand alone products, but also at how how they function with other commonly used applications. Butler is a very commonly used application and I don't see any reason that the two apps have to be mutually exclusive with regard to the keyguard (although I am not a programmer). Butler regulates the duration and look of the keyguard and to a lesser extent, the content. Your app is more about the content of the keyguard. I would recommend that you look at seeing how Xtndr can be integrated with Butler's keyguard, if possible.

Going back to the bug issue, even if we go with just what you said, that there are two bugs identified, that is two too many (regardless of whether its a product bug or a Treo bug that shows up with your product). Particularly so, when one of the bugs totally disabled the use of anything other then my phone. That is not a minor bug.

As I stated previously, I beleive the product has a lot of potential, but I'm not willing to sacrifice functionality for it.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Butler is a very commonly used application and I don't see any reason that the two apps have to be mutually exclusive with regard to the keyguard (although I am not a programmer).
    That is the point, see below.

Butler regulates the duration and look of the keyguard and to a lesser extent, the content. Your app is more about the content of the keyguard. I would recommend that you look at seeing how Xtndr can be integrated with Butler's keyguard, if possible.
    Those two cannot be integrated because of the way one has to supplement or replace the system keyguard to achieve certain functionality.

Going back to the bug issue, even if we go with just what you said, that there are two bugs identified, that is two too many (regardless of whether its a product bug or a Treo bug that shows up with your product). Particularly so, when one of the bugs totally disabled the use of anything other then my phone. That is not a minor bug.
    You won’t find bug free software. You’ll further have to differentiate between persistent bugs, i. e. those that occur regularly and bugs that occure only once per, say, month. And irregardless of how minor or major a bug is, one or even two still aren’t «quite a few».

I don’t intend to argue with you, however. I only thought you had found more bugs since those you did find wouldn’t count as «quite a few». As I told you before, the operator widget bug in the Centro’s Palm OS will be circumvented in the next release. I cannot guarantee proper functionality in situations where errorneous behaviour is provoked, be it intentionally or (as in your case) unintentionally by creating a configuration that cannot work by design.
    Last edited by Ulfrinn; 01/15/2008 at 03:26 AM.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Ulfrinn,

please check your paypal email.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    please check your paypal email.
    Please check your private messaging inbox here at TreoCentral.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Ulfrinn,

I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but I can't get the alternate characters to work unless I have the info pop up enabled. I'm not using any of the other features. I don't mind having the info popup enabled -- just turned it off to see if it made things quicker.

Thanks.

ps. Love the ability to type foreign language characters so easily. I use this feature every time I enter something in my treo.
    Last edited by frantid; 03/10/2008 at 11:47 AM.

12.    #112  
    Frantid,

sorry I couldn’t reply earlier. I could reproduce the issue you’re experiencing and I think I found a fix. I’ve incorporated said fix into the upcoming Xtndr 1.6 which (after having been delayed two times) will hopefully be finished within two weeks from now.

Xtndr 1.6 will not only put an end to the crashes after missed calls, it will also sport some interesting new features, including an iPhone style slide-to-unlock option and some redesigned info widgets.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
    Frantid,

sorry I couldn’t reply earlier. I could reproduce the issue you’re experiencing and I think I found a fix. I’ve incorporated said fix into the upcoming Xtndr 1.6 which (after having been delayed two times) will hopefully be finished within two weeks from now.

Xtndr 1.6 will not only put an end to the crashes after missed calls, it will also sport some interesting new features, including an iPhone style slide-to-unlock option and some redesigned info widgets.
    Thanks Ulfrinn,

Sounds great.

14.    #114  
    Finally, after some delays version 1.6 of Xtndrs is available.
    And there are many reasons to update: Not only has Xtndr become more stable, this version also adds new features. The GSM and CDMA Centro models are now officially supported as well.

It would really take to long to talk about all the news in Xtndr 1.6 here, so please refer the release notes.

You can download this new version either at http://en.bloo7.com/xtndr or through the built-in software update feature.

As always, I appreciate any feedback.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    updated no problems. I like the side key for info popup.

have you thought of including a 'Today' screen on Xtndr? For me it would be very handy to see my schedule for today on my keyguard...
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    have you thought of including a 'Today' screen on Xtndr? For me it would be very handy to see my schedule for today on my keyguard...
    The info popup will get a massive overhaul in version 2.0. I have some plans for that and one of them would include a today type status area, yes.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  18.    #118  
    Version 1.6.1 of Xtndr is now available. It includes a fix for a bug introduced in version 1.6 that might cause a crash when starting a HotSync operation. This version also improves compatibility with Initiate: The application selected in said launcher should no longer be started when unlocking the keyguard using the center key. Additionally, you now have two more option in the info popup appearance preferences: One to hide the info widgets when the device is locked and one to disable the unlock slider.

The full release notes are available at http://en.bloo7.com/kb/xtndr-1.6.1-release-notes.html.

You can download this new version either at http://en.bloo7.com/xtndr or through the built-in software update feature.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Has this been tested on a Palm Centro?
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by ralvy View Post
    Has this been tested on a Palm Centro?
    Though I haven’t tested Xtndr on a Centro myself, I’ve had positive feedback from both CDMA and GSM Centro users, so Xtndr appears to work just fine.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast