Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
    What e-mail client application do you use? Does the unread count still show up properly in the Phone application? (The Treo 680 Phone application does display this, but I don’t know about the version used on the Treo 700p.)
    I am using Snappermail. Upon further research, it appears that after Palm did the MR for the 700p the email indicator was removed intentionally. According to Palm, the indicator was one of the reasons switching in/out of Email was slow. This was also brought up in the Sprint 700p:Tracking the changes thread on page 7 and 8:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144608

Is this something you can get Xtndr to display given the change by Palm?
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Is this something you can get Xtndr to display given the change by Palm?
    First of all, SnapperMail has always been rather unreliable at reporting the unread e-mail count, so it may just be a bug in SnapperMail. You can see, whether this is the reason for the count not being displayed by fetching unread mail that has not been featched by SnapperMail previously. SnapperMail will only ever report the unread mail count from the very last fetch.
    I don’t know what Palm has done in the MR update exactly. They may a) just have removed the display from the Phone application, or they may b) have updated VersaMail in such a way that it does not report the unread count anymore, or they may c) have blocked the notifications that are used to request/post the unread mail count. If a) is the case, then all should work as expected (taking into account that I wrote in the paragraph above). If b) is t he case, then the unread mail count should show up properly for all applications but VersaMail. If c) is the case, then there is nothing anyone can do about that unfortunately. To cut a long story short: No matter what Palm has done, if said modification is the reason for the unread count not being displayed properly, then there is nothing I can do about that.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  3.    #63  
    I’ve just uploaded version 1.0.6, that should fixes a few minor bugs and improves background performance.

Additionally, you can now open the command bar by pressing Shift + Menu.

This latest release can either be downloaded at http://www.en.bloo7.com/xtndr or directly using the Check for Updates command in the Options menu of Xtndr.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  4. Het
    I got stuck in a reset loop of sorts. My treo would crash whenever I hit any keys, (Keyboard, hard keys, everything). I held up while during the reset loops, I thought that was the key to disable unneeded extensions, but it still tanked. I had a real fun time trying to disable Xtndr without using any keys, took me about 15 minutes while standing in the grocery store to figure out so I could pull up what I needed to buy :P
    I had to start holding the up arrow, remove the SD card, reinsert it, change to the built-in apps list (This would cause it to crash 75% of the time), click the Xtndr app (Again, this caused it to crash half the time), then finally disable it. I can safely say that Xtndr was the cause of my chain resets, as the moment I disabled it I could use hardkeys and everything else. I couldn't open up the contextual menu to delete it at the home screen (By tapping) as that would cause it to crash too.
    I'm not sure if it was just Xtndr or some sort of software conflict between a couple applications. I loved the new lock screen, I'll probably check back in a couple of releases.

I can provide a list of everything I am running, if that would help. I'm on a 700P on the Sprint network, OS 5.4.9, Xtndr 1.0.6 (547)
    The error after each and every hard reset (countless times, reseting every 15 to 30 seconds for 15 minutes)
    Code:
    A crash occured on {date} at {time} while running "Xtndr": Fatal Exception
  5.    #65  
    Het:
    First of all I’m very sorry for the troubles you’ve been experiencing with Xtndr. Unfortunately I can’t tell you why this happened, as other 700p users such as dlai don’t seem to have such severe problems. I’m therefore tempted to say that it was a conflict with another third-party application.
    No matter what the reason was, you might want to check out version 1.0.7 when it becomes available, as I have rewritten the part of the code that does probably contain the critical code for that release. I will announce this new release here as usual.

Meanwhile, to isolate the problem, it would be useful to have a list not of everything you’re running, but of extensions of all sorts, especially those, that respond to keyboard presses in the background or bring up a user interface of some sort while they are not the active application (not counting alarms here). Of course, if you don’t want to sort out these applications, you might just as well post the entire list.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  6.    #66  
    I’ve just uploaded version 1.0.7, that should reduce crashes significantly by circumventing a bug in the Palm Key Library and improving the Keyguard replacement routine.
    There’s another minor fix for international users: Floating point numbers are now properly localized, e. g. German users should see »1,7 GB« instead of »1.7 GB«. The format for this can be set in the Formats control panel (Prefs application).

This latest release can either be downloaded at http://www.en.bloo7.com/xtndr or directly using the Check for Updates command in the Options menu of Xtndr.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  7.    #67  
    Today sees the release of Xtndr 1.5 which features some bugfixes and the innovative, new Launch Pad that allows you to assign even more applications to the four application buttons on your Treo—you’ll hardly ever have to use the application launcher again.

This latest release can either be downloaded at http://en.bloo7.com/xtndr or directly using the Check for Updates command in the Options menu of Xtndr.

As usual, I appreciate any feedback!
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Het View Post
    I got stuck in a reset loop of sorts. My treo would crash whenever I hit any keys, (Keyboard, hard keys, everything). I held up while during the reset loops, I thought that was the key to disable unneeded extensions, but it still tanked. I had a real fun time trying to disable Xtndr without using any keys, took me about 15 minutes while standing in the grocery store to figure out so I could pull up what I needed to buy :P
    I had to start holding the up arrow, remove the SD card, reinsert it, change to the built-in apps list (This would cause it to crash 75% of the time), click the Xtndr app (Again, this caused it to crash half the time), then finally disable it. I can safely say that Xtndr was the cause of my chain resets, as the moment I disabled it I could use hardkeys and everything else. I couldn't open up the contextual menu to delete it at the home screen (By tapping) as that would cause it to crash too.
    I'm not sure if it was just Xtndr or some sort of software conflict between a couple applications. I loved the new lock screen, I'll probably check back in a couple of releases.

I can provide a list of everything I am running, if that would help. I'm on a 700P on the Sprint network, OS 5.4.9, Xtndr 1.0.6 (547)
    The error after each and every hard reset (countless times, reseting every 15 to 30 seconds for 15 minutes)
    Code:
    A crash occured on {date} at {time} while running "Xtndr": Fatal Exception

This same thing is happening to me right now. Even restoring from yesterday's backup is not working. Endless reset loop. Not good.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack View Post
    This same thing is happening to me right now. Even restoring from yesterday's backup is not working. Endless reset loop. Not good.
    Which version of Xtndr are you using? Have you updated to the most recent version (1.5) yet? If you haven’t, you should do so first.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    I'm pretty sure that's what version it was. But it's gone now and it took me numerous hard resets and an hour + to get it off. Sorry. I liked the product, but I will just wait until it is stable enough.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's what version it was. But it's gone now and it took me numerous hard resets and an hour + to get it off. Sorry. I liked the product, but I will just wait until it is stable enough.
    There was no need for a hard reset—all it would have taken is a warm reset. Anyway, would you mind telling me, what device you tried the new version on? Is it a Sprint Treo 700p as it was the case with Het?
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    trial?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by vicburn View Post
    trial?
    If you meant to ask, whether there is a trial version available, the answer is yes. Quoting from the very first post in this thread:
    Xtndr is shareware, the trial version, however, is neither feature- nor time-limited. A registration code can currently be obtained through the bloo7 website …

Check it out at http://en.bloo7.com/xtndr
    The unregistered version does show a nag screen from time to time.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    I am trying Xtndr again after testing it when first released, seems much more stable now, thanks.
    I am now using Switch5, assigned to Hard Key1 (phone key) on my 700p, no matter what I assign in Xtndr for this button, it doesn't work, Opt+ works fine, but the Shift+ runs Switch5. I realize this may not be fixable, but I thought I'd mention it. I'm liking this app, because I need more hard key options (Switch5, Swap, Petite Launcher + Calendar, contacts, Messaging)
    Thanks
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I am now using Switch5, assigned to Hard Key1 (phone key) on my 700p, no matter what I assign in Xtndr for this button, it doesn't work, Opt+ works fine, but the Shift+ runs Switch5. I realize this may not be fixable, but I thought I'd mention it.
    I don’t use Switch5 myself, so I don’t know much about it. From what you write, it sounds as if you have activated an option (in Switch5) that causes Switch5 to do what ever it is said to do. I have attached a beta release that you can try to see, whether it does fix the problem. If it doesn’t, then there is probably not much hope. The only other way, I could think of, would probably lead to other problems—but I might investigate it anyway.

Let me know, whether the attached versions works better for you!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Unfortunately, it didn't work, still getting the same result when I press Phone and Shift+Phone. Thanks for the quick response!
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Unfortunately, it didn't work, still getting the same result when I press Phone and Shift+Phone. Thanks for the quick response!
    OK, thanks for testing. I’ll try another way (should be ready within a week). If you PM me your e-mail address, I can keep you up to date. You can alternatively use the contact form at the bloo7 website, which you’ll find at http://en.bloo7.com/contact.php.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  18.    #78  
    I’ve just uploaded Xtndr 1.5.1. This version includes some bugfixes for the info pop-up and Shift key handling rountines.

This latest release can either be downloaded at http://en.bloo7.com/xtndr or directly using the Check for Updates command in the Options menu of Xtndr.

As usual, I appreciate any feedback!
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    I've installed the new version, it's working fine.
    I just have one minor issue, I don't have a data plan on my 700p, so I install via HotSync, and I get errors installing Xtndr, because the newer versions have the same name as the origninal, so I get the following:
    Already exists: C:\Program Files\Palm\J\Install\Xtndr (English).prc
    Install synchronization failed

Can I suggest including the version in the file name so HotSync will install it over the existing one? I use FINAL to make Xtndr into a Preferences panel, so I have to unFINALize it, then uninstall it. Not impossible, just inconvenient.

Thanks again for a great app!
  20.    #80  
    It sounds as if you didn’t deactivate the older version (turning it off) before trying to install the new one. While Xtndr is active its application database is protected so it cannot be overwritten. Otherwise overwriting or deleting it would cause your Treo to crash.
    As long as Xtndr is turned off there should be no problem installing a newer version, no matter what method you’re using.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast