I'm getting some random crashes from Xtndr. The crash log saids:

An error occured while running "Xtndr".

6/7/07, 7:54pm

Emul68kCommon.c,
    Line:842, Odd address

6/7/07, 7:58pm

Emul68kCommon.c,
    Line:565,Odd address

Something else I noticed: When pushing the center button to unlock the phone, there is a lag that occurs. I have to push the center button twice to unlock the phone. If I push the button once, it may or may not unlock the phone but only after two seconds, not right away as it should.
    Last edited by dlai; 06/07/2007 at 11:24 PM.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    I'm getting some random crashes from Xtndr. The crash log saids:
    Do you remember, what key or button you pressed, that led to the crash?

Something else I noticed: When pushing the center button to unlock the phone, there is a lag that occurs. I have to push the center button twice to unlock the phone. If I push the button once, it may or may not unlock the phone but only after two seconds, not right away as it should.
    This is an issue, that some people have had since early beta releases, but even though Iím still investigating, I still havenít found the reason for this.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
    Do you remember, what key or button you pressed, that led to the crash?

This is an issue, that some people have had since early beta releases, but even though Iím still investigating, I still havenít found the reason for this.
    I was within the camera application, and went to the icon which retrieves saved pictures and videos. It crashes each time I select that icon (far left on the camera application on the bottom).

If I remove your application, the crashes are gone as is the problem with the lag and center button.
  4.    #44  
    I was within the camera application, and went to the icon which retrieves saved pictures and videos. It crashes each time I select that icon (far left on the camera application on the bottom).
    OK, Iíll see, what I can do about that, though this is probably difficult, as the Camera application on my Treo 680 does not crash.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  5.    #45  
    Iíve just uploaded version 1.0.3 that should features rewritten info pop-up handling. This should fix an issue with the Treo 680 where the device would crash when being turned on after a missed call. This version also introduces info pop-up shortcuts: You can now open the applications assigned to the info-widgets by pressing a shortcut character. Quote from the manual (that is sure worth a read):
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtndr manual
    Instead of tapping the info widgets, you can also press the respective shortcut key. The shortcut keys are K for the clock, I for the internal memory widget, C for the expansion card widget, S for the messages widget and M for the email widget.
    To get this new version either visit at my website or use the Check for Updates command in the Options menu in the Xtndr application itself.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Looks like a promising app. I love the "shift-hard button" launch feature. I've wanted this since the 650. On the 755p, I see what people are saying about having to double click to cancel the keyguard. What actually happens here is that there is a delay before the sim and email numbers are displayed. Most users would have pressed the button before the sms ans email numbers are displayed. The app will not exit until the sms and email numbers are displayed. So by the second button press, the numbers are displayed so the app exits. So this why it appears to takes 2 button presses to exit.

It crashed the device but ##377# said ptunes did, but I know ptunes had nothing to do with it because I finally got a image that is reset free.

I'll check back in a week or two and see if the bugs are worked out. I am using Bulter for some button reassignments, so that may be the area for investigation.

Keep at it.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    It crashed the device but ##377# said ptunes did, but I know ptunes had nothing to do with it because I finally got a image that is reset free.

I'll check back in a week or two and see if the bugs are worked out. I am using Bulter for some button reassignments, so that may be the area for investigation.
    It would be very helpful if you could recall, the last one or two things you did, before the crash occured.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    OK, here is what happened six or seven times in a row on the 755p:
    1. First I press "shift + Mail button" (it does not matter what app launches and it only does it with the mail button)
    2. Then the reset only occurs when I pressed down on the five way nav area.

It did this every time (about 6 times in a row). Then I tried on last time after entering web to start typing this. I exited out and save the text I wrote into a memo and tried it again. I would not do it again. So go figure.

##377# never said anything. In fact, it didn't change from the ptunes error that apparently was from the 8th, not last night either.

Also, I get the "phone off" message too. My setup has always been:
    Keyguard disabled
    Alt accent keys disabled
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  9.    #49  
    Thanks a lot for your report, godschoice!

Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    OK, here is what happened six or seven times in a row on the 755p:
    1. First I press "shift + Mail button" (it does not matter what app launches and it only does it with the mail button)
    2. Then the reset only occurs when I pressed down on the five way nav area.
    That is a really strange error. Iíll see what I can do, though this will probably not make it into the 1.0.4 release.

Also, I get the "phone off" message too.
    Alright, it appears that this bug is CDMA-specific, so I canít rely on the system-supplied widget on any CDMA device and have to roll my own version there. This will make it into the 1.0.4 release.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  10.    #50  
    Iíve just uploaded version 1.0.4 that should circumvent a bug in the system-supplied operator widget on the Treo 755 similar to that on the Treo 700p. There is now also a Calendar widget that shows the next upcoming event from the Calendar application. Tapping it will take you to the displayed event.

To get this new version either visit my website or use the Check for Updates command in the Options menu in the Xtndr application itself.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  11.    #51  
    Iíve just uploaded version 1.0.5, that should further improve the operator widget on CDMA Treos where a bug in the Palm OS system software prevents me from using the Palm-supplied one. This version also includes some other minor improvements.

There also appears to be a bug that can cause your device to crash when using the Pics&Videos application and then launching another application, though itís not yet sure, whether this bug actually is in Xtndr or in the Pics/Videos application or in the Palm OS.

This latest release can either be downloaded at http://www.en.bloo7.com/xtndr or directly using the Check for Updates command in the Options menu of Xtndr.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I just did an over the air update and right afterwards got a fatal exception error:

6/15/07 2:03pm

Fatal Exception

Xtndr
  13.    #53  
    I just did an over the air update and right afterwards got a fatal exception error.
    Does it work after the initial reset, then?
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Yes, it does now. I notice that I don't have to push the center button twice anymore to unlock and that the lag is also gone...
  15.    #55  
    Yes, it does now. I notice that I don't have to push the center button twice anymore to unlock and that the lag is also gone...
    Yeah, thatís one of those mysterious minor improvements, you always read about in release notes*Ö
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
    Yeah, thatís one of those mysterious minor improvements, you always read about in release notes*Ö
    LOL!!!
    Sprint 700p here. I get resets if i press a hard button to switch apps while the phone is "off".

Very promising app to give me my email notifications which Palm removed from the Phone app... too bad Xtndr crashes!!
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by PumiceT View Post
    Sprint 700p here. I get resets if i press a hard button to switch apps while the phone is "off".

Very promising app to give me my email notifications which Palm removed from the Phone app... too bad Xtndr crashes!!
    Do these crashes occur when you press one of the shift + app button combinations, or do they also occur when press the app button alone? Do they still occur, when you havenít assigned any application to the shift + app button combinations?
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    For some reason today, the email notification stopped working. I had two unread emails and Xtndr did not display them. I assume there's no configuration involved, correct? I unloaded and reloaded the app and it still has the same issue. Ideas? This is on a Sprint 700p.
  20.    #60  
    For some reason today, the email notification stopped working.
    What e-mail client application do you use? Does the unread count still show up properly in the Phone application? (The Treo 680 Phone application does display this, but I donít know about the version used on the Treo 700p.)
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast