Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    I loaded this and it shows that my phone is off even when it is definitely on...
    Does this still occur after switching applications? What device have you tried Xtndr on?
    Background: Xtndr uses the very same mechanism like the Phone application, so it should usually show the same information about the Phone status. I do know, however, that the Phone application itself has problems to refresh this status.

Edit: Your profile says, you’re using a Treo 600 – Is that still true? Because, if so, you’re likely out of luck. The APIs on the Treo 600 differ in so many ways, that I will probably not come to fixing incompatibilities with this model.
    Last edited by Ulfrinn; 06/06/2007 at 03:19 AM.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  2.    #22  
    Iíve just uploaded version 1.0.1 that should improve the e-mail widget. You can get this new version either at my website or by using the Check for Updates command in the Options menu in the Xtndr application itself.
    Last edited by Ulfrinn; 06/06/2007 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Fixed title
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Does the new version fix the crashing? I hope not, my 700p is still crashing.
    I tried KeyguardTime+ (I assume that's what was being referred to before), but I don't like the fact it doesn't replace the stock keyguard, it seems unneccessary to have both.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
    Does this still occur after switching applications? What device have you tried Xtndr on?
    Background: Xtndr uses the very same mechanism like the Phone application, so it should usually show the same information about the Phone status. I do know, however, that the Phone application itself has problems to refresh this status.

Edit: Your profile says, youíre using a Treo 600 Ė Is that still true? Because, if so, youíre likely out of luck. The APIs on the Treo 600 differ in so many ways, that I will probably not come to fixing incompatibilities with this model.
    I'm using a Treo 700p on Sprint. It still occurs after switching apps. The phone app shows Sprint in the left corner and shows that it's on. Xtndr shows that the phone is off no matter what I do.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot
    Does the new version fix the crashing? I hope not, my 700p is still crashing.
    No, I havenít yet taken care of this bug. I will likely just disable the possibility of remapping the home key on the 700p for now. When I come up with a solution later, Iíll re-introduce this feature.

I'm using a Treo 700p on Sprint. It still occurs after switching apps. The phone app shows Sprint in the left corner and shows that it's on. Xtndr shows that the phone is off no matter what I do.
    OK, Iíll have a look, whether this is a known issue and Iíll try to fix this.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Ulfrinn did you do the MR update? Either way, do you have the recent apps widget from Palm installed either via a hack or via the MR update?

Reason I ask is from the apparent problems with the remapping of the home key could the 2 be clashing?

Also assuming you get the mapping issue figured out how will it integrate with the recent apps widget in the future?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Ulfrinn did you do the MR update? Either way, do you have the recent apps widget from Palm installed either via a hack or via the MR update?
    Youíre probably referring to an update for the 700p. Since I am a European-based developer, however, I cannot easily get my hands on any CDMA devices. The Treo 680 Iím doing most of the testing on has the MRU feature by default.

Reason I ask is from the apparent problems with the remapping of the home key could the 2 be clashing?
    Youíre right though, that this may be the reason. After all, this feature may be implemented differently on the two devices.

Also assuming you get the mapping issue figured out how will it integrate with the recent apps widget in the future?
    On the Treo 680 both features run side by side without any problems. As Iíve written before, Iíll just disable this feature on the 700p until a solution is found. Expect a 1.0.2 release within the next two or so days.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  8.    #28  
    This is really strange as this widget is supplied by the system and only involves a single line of code to use it in any application. Furthermore Iím pretty sure, Iím donít block any events that are neccessary for the widget to work properly. After all, Iíve had no bug reports about this neither from Treo 680 users nor from those using a 650.

Have you installed the firmware udpate that had previously been released by Palm? Afterall the problem might be have been introduced by said update (or fixed for that matter).
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfrinn View Post
    This is really strange as this widget is supplied by the system and only involves a single line of code to use it in any application. Furthermore Iím pretty sure, Iím donít block any events that are neccessary for the widget to work properly. After all, Iíve had no bug reports about this neither from Treo 680 users nor from those using a 650.

Have you installed the firmware udpate that had previously been released by Palm? Afterall the problem might be have been introduced by said update (or fixed for that matter).
    Yes, the firmware update was installed a day ago. Everything runs fine on the phone, except for this problem I mentioned. However, if you look at post #7 on this thread, there is a Verizon user having the same problem, so I don't think the update is causing the issue.
  10.    #30  
    Yes, the firmware update was installed a day ago. Everything runs fine on the phone, except for this problem I mentioned. However, if you look at post #7 on this thread, there is a Verizon user having the same problem, so I don't think the update is causing the issue.
    Alright, I had missed, that broncot was actually using a Verizon device. It would be interesting to know, whether the same problems exists on the 755, as this is a CDMA device as well.
    I guess I have sort of a fix at hand, thatíll probably make it into the 1.0.2 release as well: doing the widget manually on the 700p.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    This seems like an intersting (and nearly asked for on my end) program. I like the keyguard change, seems more like an active keyguard. I'll be downloading this in a bit for my unlocked 680.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I prefer KeyguardExt. It is really awesome

http://software.palminfocenter.com/product.asp?id=11879

Al
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Problem with Keyguardext is that it doesn't show unread emails, which is what I'm looking for.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I prefer KeyguardExt. It is really awesome
    I always wondered, why it requires a reset to be deactivated Ö
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
  15.    #35  
    Iíve just uploaded version 1.0.2 that should hopefully make the operator widget in the info pop-up compatible with the 700p and fix the crashes that occured when pressing the home button on the the same model. As I mentioned before, the fix for the latter problem was to simply disable the ability to remap the home button. You can get this new version either at my website or by using the Check for Updates command in the Options menu in the Xtndr application itself.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Just uploaded this new version and it works for me. Operator info shows as it should. Home button error is gone as well. Thanks!
    I downloaded the new version, and it's working good, I have the carrier info, and no crash even from the phone screen. I actually tried Keyguardtime+ and liked it, but I do like the shift+hardkey option with Xtndr, I'll try it out, this may be a keeper.
    Thanks
    I am not so much a fan of the app launching, but it is nice to have the shift-send option for other frequently used apps. It's slightly different than my usage pattern to do so though so that part will require some learning.

When I took the display to only showing text and emails, I looked specifically for two things: for the keyguard be like the default one and not take up the whole screen, and for the 5way to be usable to select the email or sms widget. Neither were the case, and that is literally why this is no longer on my device. This is not to knock this program at all, it does its job well. But not quite asthetic/simple/intuitive enough for me.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I uploaded 1.0.2 onto my 700p and my phone resets when I hit the home button. I'm gonna do a hard reset and see if it's 3rd party
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by surfasb View Post
    I uploaded 1.0.2 onto my 700p and my phone resets when I hit the home button. I'm gonna do a hard reset and see if it's 3rd party
    That would be interesting, since the bug appeared to be fixed according to other users. Before doing a hard reset, can you just post, what the crash log says after said reset? To find out, open the Phone application in dial pad view, type #*377 and then press the green send key.
    Xtndr
    Steroids for Your Treo.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast