Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    After the MR update, my phone plays a sound when it goes in and out of coverage. This happens even if the Sound & Alerts preferences for Coverage In/Out and Signal Faded are set to Off.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any solution?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Just discovered the same problem this morning. Couldn't make it go away even by turning off the sound for all phone alerts. In other words, I was willing to sacrifice the voicemail alert just to make the coverage in/out alert go away. (It's pretty annoying when you're listening to music on a subway car that goes in and out of coverage every 15 seconds.) I'm not a Palm basher, but I'm pretty surprised that Palm could screw this up.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z
    (It's pretty annoying when you're listening to music on a subway car that goes in and out of coverage every 15 seconds.)
    Exactly!
    I'm assuming you guys already tried going to the sound preferences, changing the application to "Phone Alerts", and turning "Coverage in/out" to off?
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial View Post
    I'm assuming you guys already tried going to the sound preferences, changing the application to "Phone Alerts", and turning "Coverage in/out" to off?
    Didn't I make myself clear:
    Quote Originally Posted by rpungin
    This happens even if the Sound & Alerts preferences for Coverage In/Out and Signal Faded are set to Off.
    Did you try setting it to on and then back to off?
    Regards,

Robert
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock View Post
    Did you try setting it to on and then back to off?
    That's interesting. I was flipping a lot of things around, so I would have thought I did, but maybe not. I'll check it out during the next subway ride (which is a great laboratory for this, since I can count on going in and out of coverage a lot). Thanks.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Well, that's one less problem with the update. I cycled the setting on and off a couple times before leaving it set to off. I didn't get a tone as I went in and out of coverage on the way home tonight. Problem solved.