Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    hi, i was just given a BRAND NEW 680, still in the box and factory sealed. i set it up a little bit as i was tinkering around with the interface and after a while it locked up on me. i have done soft and hard resets, and i can here the little clicks so i know its regestering the button presses, but the screen will not regester the stylus. i cant get beyond the calibration.

    now i DID go through that process at the begining and the unit seemed to be working FINE, and then it did this.

    any ideas? thanks in advance guys
  2. Jozz's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #2  
    Did you reset it allready?
  3.    #3  
    yessir, ive done the resets several times both hard and soft and it doesnt seem to help.... im clueless at this point
  4. Pulster's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #4  
    Check theres no dust/grit around the edge of the screen causing it to register a constant press.
  5.    #5  
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!! i took off the screen protector that was on it and it worked just fine! of course now i feel really stupid, but at least its not broken! haha


    thanks for the help folks, i really appreciate it!
  6. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Anderson View Post
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!! i took off the screen protector that was on it and it worked just fine!
    < >

    I've never been a fan of screen protectors. I've never used one, and never regretted it. Sure, in the days of graffiti the bottom of the screen got a bit scratched after a couple of years or so, but that never affected operation, and looked far better than my colleagues' Palms with tatty, dirty, peeling screen protectors (sure you could change them, but people never seem to).

    YMMV!
    </ >
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  7. #7  
    I always use a screen protector. Unless you never let anyone else use your Treo, you're using the Treo of everyone else whose used the Treo of everyone else whose used your Treo. It's a matter of simple hygiene. And respect for others. Would you fly on a plane with TB? Think about it.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    < >

    I've never been a fan of screen protectors. I've never used one, and never regretted it. Sure, in the days of graffiti the bottom of the screen got a bit scratched after a couple of years or so, but that never affected operation, and looked far better than my colleagues' Palms with tatty, dirty, peeling screen protectors (sure you could change them, but people never seem to).
    I don't think he was referring to a user-installed screen protector, I think he was talking about the vinyl clear screen covering that comes on every new Treo. He took that off and it worked ok.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I always use a screen protector. Unless you never let anyone else use your Treo, you're using the Treo of everyone else whose used the Treo of everyone else whose used your Treo. It's a matter of simple hygiene. And respect for others. Would you fly on a plane with TB? Think about it.
    Did you forget to take your pills this morning?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    I don't think he was referring to a user-installed screen protector, I think he was talking about the vinyl clear screen covering that comes on every new Treo. He took that off and it worked ok.
    Huh?? What vinyl clear screen covering that comes on every new Treo???
  11. #11  
    The oem screen protector with the little tab that came with the 680.

    I just cut the tab off and left it there myself, because I'm bad with putting on screen protectors.
  12. #12  
    I've had several Treos and at least with two of them I left the original plastic on instead of a screen protector. Left the little tab on as well. Got dirty. Screen protectors are better. And they do protect against unsafe phone.
  13.    #13  
    yep, it was the one that was on out of the box with the little tab.


    beats me how it was messin with the screen, but is was so all is well now. i just cut out the screen protector included in the box and im running that now. i am absolutely brutal with my equipment so i need something like a screen protector, hell im even looking into the otterbox that they are putting out for it! haha

Posting Permissions