Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I tried to get the web price from Retentions last week. I am a 650 owner & have had it replaced 6 times via warranty. Contract ends in August 07 and last week Retentions told me no way. $150 upgrade yes . . .but $279 no.

Anyone have any luck getting the $279 price recently?
    Maybe a little off topic but I got mine for $279 from Sprint w/2 year contract
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    By: ucntcme at Today 10:52 PM

Were you already a Sprint customer or is this a new activation? If you are new to Sprint, they'll hook you up.

If you did get it thru Retentions, how long ago was it?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I was 3 months into the contract with Moto Q... problems galore with Q, called retentions and they gave me the 755p for $229... sold the Q for $300 on eBay... Actually I made some money out of this....and yes 755p is one of the best phones I have ever used (changed phone every year for the past 9 years with sprint).
    hey bronx,

it can be done because i still had 6 months left on my contract and retentions gave it to me for $279. i say you call back and give it another go. if not, hang up and call back again.
    diane
    Look at "how much did your treo cost thread" for information already discussed by numerous people.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslisfree View Post
    Look at "how much did your treo cost thread" for information already discussed by numerous people.

I got the idea to call from that thread. But I called retentions just last week and they claimed they had been too laxed with the 755 and were instructed to give that $279 to new customers only.

So while I think i got the BS story, I just wanted to confirm if they still doing it and how recently.

No one on that thread has given any info that recently to answer my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889 View Post
    By: ucntcme at Today 10:52 PM

Were you already a Sprint customer or is this a new activation? If you are new to Sprint, they'll hook you up.

If you did get it thru Retentions, how long ago was it?
    I just wet to the sprint store and bought it. I don't know what Retentions is. I was a sprint customer but my contract was expired and I was waiting to get the 755.

Hope I answered your question, if not reply
    I got the idea to call from that thread. But I called retentions just last week and they claimed they had been too laxed with the 755 and were instructed to give that $279 to new customers only.

So while I think i got the BS story, I just wanted to confirm if they still doing it and how recently.

It appears that the story you got was not BS. But I would try a few times if I was you.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I got the same story. Apparently, they got a memo that it can't be sold under the $150 + $50 discounts. Been trying for a while now. Very very disappointed. But I will keep trying.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I got my 755 through retentions for $279.99 without a contract (I still have 1.5yr on my old one left from the 700p)

I told them I was tired of having issues w/ the 700 and I want a replacement NOW, next thing u know...I had a package on my desk the next day
    Sprint Treo 650 -->Treo 700p --> Treo 755p Burgundy --> Palm Pre

I don't know your situation, but our contract had expired and we were doing the month-to-month thing. The day the 755P was released, we went into the store and got it for $279 without any arguing, fussing, or fighting. In fact, we got two for $279 each.

The first day, we got my girlfriend's, then I broke down and got one the next day (shared minutes plan, btw).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I had my 700p for one year. I called through customer care twice and they would only give me another 700p. I was very nice . I then tried retention an hour ago and he gave me:

1. 755p for 70 bucks
    2. upgrade from 500 free text to unlimited for free
    3. 15% of my bill
    4. I did extend for another 2 years
    5. Overnight shipping for free on my new phone

I thought this seemed reasonable.
    Just got off the phone with retentions and they gave me a 755p free as a warranty exchange!!!! Had to reup for two more years though.
  15. chi
    I will do a brand new Treo for $186.00 flat. Whomever is in need, let me know.
    Ordered mine on June 1st, through retentions, for $279. Also got the $15 vision plan for $10 (He told me it was the $20 plan for $10, but checking online today I see that I got the $15 plan. I'll wait for the first bill and call them on it then.) I guess I'll see what the actually charged me for the phone on my next bill?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    I will do a brand new Treo for $186.00 flat. Whomever is in need, let me know.
    hmmm...should i be suspicious?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Retention offered it to me for $279 I anwered how about $179 and she said sure.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM View Post
    Retention offered it to me for $279 I anwered how about $179 and she said sure.
    when was this?
    were you still in contract?
    what device did you have? 650? 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    when was this?
    were you still in contract?
    what device did you have? 650? 700p?
    You should keep trying. People are still being able to get a great deal.

Check out this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=cost
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast