Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sprint has pulled the abilty from all departments to do any price matching, or discounts below listed prices. Retentions AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $can$ $no$ $longer$ $offer$ $free$ $phones$ $unless$ $they$ $are$ $already$ $free$ $to$ $new$ $subscribers$.

Stores can't even price match our own website or waive act fees anymore...period. We can only sell for the list price.we can still do upgrade pricing but only based on what the eligibility site says, IOW no more "discretionary" pricing of any kind.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    You should keep trying. People are still being able to get a great deal.

Check out this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=cost
    Thanks...I'm still trying. The best I get is $379.99. I don't expect a free phone (coming from a 650) but I don't think I should pay more than what a new customer is paying. Especialy since I have been with Sprint and only Sprint since 1999 and have always paid my bills on time and in full. And I have 3 lines, so why should a new customer who has NO history with Sprint get a better deal than long-time customer like us?
    My first attempt was unsuccessful but I was a little irritable when I found out the Agreement End Date on the website did not match what retention had. The woman told me to "rest assured" that what they had was correct....that definitely doesn't make me rest assured as the website states 7/19/2007 as my end date and they have 1/16/08....

Anyhow, when I explained the issues I had she said they have not had many calls regarding any issues with this phone (700p pre-MR).... then she referred me to the warranty department....my year was up June 5th (I actually thought it was earlier than that)......

When I inquired about paying out of contract on one line she acted as if 9 years of loyalty with 2 lines of service and on time payment history was not worth saving... Her response was "I can assist you with that today if you'd like..."

I told her I would have to discuss removing both lines with my wife and would call back to get that taken care of.... Looks like if I don't call back and get different results we will be saying goodbye to Sprint.... Unfortunate...

Circpro -

I have had similar responses, unfortunately. I am very unhappy with the 700p, even moreso now that the "update" failed to improve things and in several cases made matters worse on my device.

I'm a longtime Palm customer and have been with Sprint for several years, but I am not unclined to shell out $400 or whatever for a 755p which is NOT an upgrade over the 700p--just different form factor and working (hopefully) as the 700p should have a year ago.

I'm seriously considering ditching Sprint and Palm for Cingular and the Blackberry Curve. I don't want to, but I'm not going to take this on the chin.
    Well I just tried retentions again. They won't budge. $379. Some of them say that I could also get the $100 mail-in rebate but then some say no. *sigh* I knew this would happen as I have never had any luck with getting price breaks.
    I would be going from 650 to 755. 4 lines and about 10 months left on contract. Think I could get it for 279 if I added a line?
    $379 for the 755p coming from the 650? Hell no! What a rip off, people. Seriously, evdo and the lack of antenna is all you're getting here, and they want you to pay nearly $400 for that?!

Un-freaking-believable!
    Oh, I forgot, and 30 more mb of ram. Big deal.
    I have been reading the forums about retentions and had decided that i had already missed the boat. I have a buisness trip this weekend and my 700p has a missing screw in the casing causing a loose antena so i stopped by the sprint store yesterday to get that fixed and told them about my problems with the phone... dropped calls, bluetooth pairing problems etc. after about an hour the tech came out and said that he could not correct the problems, gave the phone back to me and told me that he had ordered me a replacement. I left the store happy that i would at least have a new 700p and had decided to ride it out until my upgrade elegibility in April 2008.
    I called the store this morning to see if they could expedite the new phone to me before i leave for the trip and to complain that they had failed to replace the missing screw. The person i got on the phone was very unapolagetic and rude. He told me that there was no way. I asked to speak to the manager or to have him call me back and hung up. I decided to call customer service to see if they could help expedite the phone, they were also rude and by now my blood was boiling. I hung up and tried to calm down but kept getting more upset. I looked for the retentions number that i had seen in an earlier post and could not find it.

I had gotten so mad by this point that i decided to cancel my service (10 years with sprint...) so i dialed *2 and told Claire the computer to cancel my service and was instantly transfered to retentions. The rep told me that she would be happy to expedite my replacement 700p and appologized for the lack of customer service and told me that they did not want to lose a valuable customer. At that point i thought "what the hell" and went for it...
    I told her that i was not crazy about having a replacement for a phone that never really worked right in the first place, explained that i was not happy with the thouht of still having all of the same problems other than the lose antenna, told her ubout Palm pulling the ROM update that might have helped with some of the problems and asked her if she could help me out with an upgrade. She did not hesitate and said that she would give me a 755p for $279 and overnight it to me! I asked her about the $100 rebate and she said that she could not do that but knocked off $75 and asked me what color i wanted!
    The phone comes ups tomorrow and the best part is that i did not even have to renew with a new contract. I also still have the 700p replacement coming next week and will sell on Ebay, bringing things down to nothing for the 755p and may even make a buck or two.

Too bad i had to be mad enough to cancel my service (to the point of buying out of my contract...) but i think the key to getting the service that i did with retentions was that i tried my best to stay calm and not lose my temper.

Hope this helps! good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by taoboi View Post
    The phone comes ups tomorrow and the best part is that i did not even have to renew with a new contract.
    Lately reps dont say your contract has been renewed but call back and you have about a 75% chance it was renewed...Or you might get the letter of contract renewal in the mail about 20 days later...Still a good deal with contract renewal or not
    Quote Originally Posted by taoboi View Post
    I have been reading the forums about retentions and had decided that i had already missed the boat. I have a buisness trip this weekend and my 700p has a missing screw in the casing causing a loose antena so i stopped by the sprint store yesterday to get that fixed and told them about my problems with the phone... dropped calls, bluetooth pairing problems etc. after about an hour the tech came out and said that he could not correct the problems, gave the phone back to me and told me that he had ordered me a replacement. I left the store happy that i would at least have a new 700p and had decided to ride it out until my upgrade elegibility in April 2008.
    I called the store this morning to see if they could expedite the new phone to me before i leave for the trip and to complain that they had failed to replace the missing screw. The person i got on the phone was very unapolagetic and rude. He told me that there was no way. I asked to speak to the manager or to have him call me back and hung up. I decided to call customer service to see if they could help expedite the phone, they were also rude and by now my blood was boiling. I hung up and tried to calm down but kept getting more upset. I looked for the retentions number that i had seen in an earlier post and could not find it.

I had gotten so mad by this point that i decided to cancel my service (10 years with sprint...) so i dialed *2 and told Claire the computer to cancel my service and was instantly transfered to retentions. The rep told me that she would be happy to expedite my replacement 700p and appologized for the lack of customer service and told me that they did not want to lose a valuable customer. At that point i thought "what the hell" and went for it...
    I told her that i was not crazy about having a replacement for a phone that never really worked right in the first place, explained that i was not happy with the thouht of still having all of the same problems other than the lose antenna, told her ubout Palm pulling the ROM update that might have helped with some of the problems and asked her if she could help me out with an upgrade. She did not hesitate and said that she would give me a 755p for $279 and overnight it to me! I asked her about the $100 rebate and she said that she could not do that but knocked off $75 and asked me what color i wanted!
    The phone comes ups tomorrow and the best part is that i did not even have to renew with a new contract. I also still have the 700p replacement coming next week and will sell on Ebay, bringing things down to nothing for the 755p and may even make a buck or two.

Too bad i had to be mad enough to cancel my service (to the point of buying out of my contract...) but i think the key to getting the service that i did with retentions was that i tried my best to stay calm and not lose my temper.

Hope this helps! good luck!
    Fantastic story (since it ended well)! Thanks for sharing!
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    I would be going from 650 to 755. 4 lines and about 10 months left on contract. Think I could get it for 279 if I added a line?
    You should be able to get it below $200 with rebates if you are adding a line!!
    Just got the latest bill from Sprint - they did not include the promised $50 service credit. Also, when I ordered the 755 I was told the only thing changing would be the evdo power vision cost (I was getting unlimited vision for $0 with my 650 and they would now charge $10/mo for the $20 power vision plan). Well, on the new bill I am being charged for text messages, when I had unlimited text messaging for $0 before. They said it would now cost me $15/mo for unlimited! That would be a total of $25/mo more to upgrade from the 650 to the 755p (for evdo and texting). I asked for retentions -> they offered to give me 500 text messages/mo for $0, which I accepted, and they added the $50 service credit to my next months bill. (I'll be sure to check) So, I will wind up paying the $279 they agreed on, but it took a couple of calls and a bunch more of my time to be sure it got done. It's never smooth, but with some persistence it gets done.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I just got my 755p for $279 w/ 2 year contract. I was a Sprint customer for 4 years prior and they gave it to me for $379 and $100 mail in rebate. No problems, I did this right at the Sprint store.
    Ok, so here I am....
    Been customer of sprint going on 6 or 7 years, out-of-contract at the moment. i have a reular cellphne and looking to get a Treo 755p.

When i call what is the best thing to say? "I want my damn treo"? Should i play the bad in-store experience card? and bring up switching to Cingular for a blackberry?

EDIT: Took two calls, 1st one where i dialed *2 and the convo went nowhere.... basically told me that i'd get the 150 off for renewing and a 50 MIR. i used a sweet as sugar approach and told her that I wanted to upgrade and what sprint could do for me. she told me the price of 379.99, i let her know that i'd look at other companies and i'd get back to sprint. she didn't offer anything else and said her outro and hung up.

i took a shower cleared my head got a little more info and called back after a hour or so. this time i called retention directly. i introduced myslef and off the bat let them know i've been a member for a few years and referred customers to sprint where it should show on my account. she asked how she could help and i told her i went to a store to purchase teh phone for the internet price but they couldn't and suggested that i call retentions. i told her (not asked) that i wanted the phone for the internet price ( shoulda said less lol) she looked into my account and applied said discounts and proceeded to take some additional money off my plan itself (plan stands at about 62 a month plus i have a corporate discount which usually averages 15 off... have to thank my ex for that discount lol). She took her time to go over everything with me and confirmed my corp. discount was still applied. she said that the phone most likely will be here tomorrow via mail, but to cover her **** it usually takes 2-5 busniess days. i thanked her (Joan was her name), apologized for being abrupt and let her know that i appreciated all her help. she said they value me as a customer and hope i will stay with sprint. end of convo. so i printed out the kellogg MIR and if that goes thru i'm looking at 204 for my phone :-) i probably could've gotten more off but i'm still happy on my purchase. now to wait for it to arrive. she didn't ask me what color, i want blue. if she sends burgundy i'll call and complain some more and lets see if we can get a lil more off hahaha
    Last edited by Freaknificent; 06/28/2007 at 10:59 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12