1.    #1  
    Hello,

After the MR updates, I can connect to my TomTom 910 with the Plus service. However, Plus is asking for the phone model and data service information. It does not have Treo 700p to choose from so I choose Treo 650. Then, it does not have Sprint to choose from... I choose "Others" and it askes for username and all those infos. Anyone knows what should I enter there?

Thanks.
    sweet- never would have thought to retry the setup post MR but now I can make hands free calls through the 910. have not yet got the 910 to dl data through the 700p though - will post an update on that later.

UPDATE: ok, got all the TomTom 910 BT functions going through my 700p - the MR update was totally worth it for this and the SDHC support (which I could have had anyway with a hack).
    Last edited by krock; 06/05/2007 at 08:54 PM.
    yep.
    Um. How did you do it? Any suggestions would be great.

Mine fails after about 40% with the TomTom 910 telling me that it's lost the connection to the Treo.

Were you able to get the data connection to work too?
    Well, when I paired it up (this is after the MR mind you - stop right now if you are still on 1.08) it failed the first time as well. Then remembering that it did that same thing the first time I was paring them I forged ahead and tried again. It is not a totally straight forward process - if I remember right you have to pair it from the TomTom, not the Treo. Then it searches forever, finds it, fails, try again, might fail or work, then eventually works (helps a whole bunch if you remember to set your Treo BT to visible before you start). Then the 910 sucked over all the quick entries (or whatever they are called) from the phone - not your entire contacts. Now when ever I turn on the GPS, it automatically connects to my phone (says this out loud) and the data (traffic, weather, updates, etc.) works like a champ as long as Chatter or BizConn is not already using the EVDO connection.
    yep.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon View Post
    Hello,

After the MR updates, I can connect to my TomTom 910 with the Plus service. However, Plus is asking for the phone model and data service information. It does not have Treo 700p to choose from so I choose Treo 650. Then, it does not have Sprint to choose from... I choose "Others" and it askes for username and all those infos. Anyone knows what should I enter there?

Thanks.
    I have my 700p connected to my 910 and so far it is working very well. It did take a few tries at bluetooth discovery, but after that it's been smooth sailing. I've only had it working for about 3 hours so far.

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: I THINK this setup will use your data connection in a Phone As Modem (PAM) configuration, and YOU MAY BE BILLED EXTRA by Sprint. The reason I think this is because of the need to enter #777 as the number to dial for the data connection. This is the same number you use when making a PAM connection from a laptop, for example.

You've been warned!

I have the tethering mode hack installed, so this is going to be a test of whether or not that hack works after the MR has been applied.

Here's what I'm using for my settings.
    Phone Model: Treo 650
    Mobile Carrier: Other
    Access Point Name: proxy (I think it's called Access Point Name, it's the first thing it asks you to enter. I don't know if 'proxy' is significant, but it's the same thing that the 910 suggests if you were to choose AT&T as your carrier and it's working for me. I tried it once with my own made-up name and it didn't work.)
    Phone # to dial: #777
    username: <leave blank>
    password: <leave blank>
    IP Address: Automatically assigned (DHCP)
    DNS: Automatically assigned
    Login Script: <leave blank>

Those might not be in the same order that it asks you, but I think it's all the items it asks for.

Once I entered all that info the 910 then recognized the features of the 700p that it could use, including 'hands-free', 'wireless data', 'phonebook' and 'DTMF'. 'Phonebook', it turns out, is not all of your contacts, but seems like it does include the recent call history and anything you've got set up in your favorites buttons.

I must say it is really cool to walk up to my car, and have the 700p pair to the 910 with the phone still in its case and without me touching any buttons. The one downside for me is that my car is parked so close to my bedroom that sometimes the phone pairs to the 910 while I'm lying in bed (I never turn the 910 off) . I then have to manually route the audio to the handset when I'm on a call. Also, one time when I walked up to the car, the 700p did a spontaneous soft reset. Every other time, though, it worked perfectly.

Hope that helps!

Rotello
    Last edited by rotello; 06/07/2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    I have my 700p connected to my 910 and so far it is working very well. It did take a few tries at bluetooth discovery, but after that it's been smooth sailing. I've only had it working for about 3 hours so far.

Rotello
    I did this on my TomTom Go 920T and my Sprint Treo 755p and it works great. Thanks for the instructions Rotello.
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: I THINK this setup will use your data connection in a Phone As Modem (PAM) configuration, and YOU MAY BE BILLED EXTRA by Sprint. The reason I think this is because of the need to enter #777 as the number to dial for the data connection. This is the same number you use when making a PAM connection from a laptop, for example.

You've been warned!

I have the tethering mode hack installed, so this is going to be a test of whether or not that hack works after the MR has been applied.

Here's what I'm using for my settings.
    Phone Model: Treo 650
    Mobile Carrier: Other
    Access Point Name: proxy (I think it's called Access Point Name, it's the first thing it asks you to enter. I don't know if 'proxy' is significant, but it's the same thing that the 910 suggests if you were to choose AT&T as your carrier and it's working for me. I tried it once with my own made-up name and it didn't work.)
    Phone # to dial: #777
    username: <leave blank>
    password: <leave blank>
    IP Address: Automatically assigned (DHCP)
    DNS: Automatically assigned
    Login Script: <leave blank>

Those might not be in the same order that it asks you, but I think it's all the items it asks for.

Once I entered all that info the 910 then recognized the features of the 700p that it could use, including 'hands-free', 'wireless data', 'phonebook' and 'DTMF'. 'Phonebook', it turns out, is not all of your contacts, but seems like it does include the recent call history and anything you've got set up in your favorites buttons.

I must say it is really cool to walk up to my car, and have the 700p pair to the 910 with the phone still in its case and without me touching any buttons. The one downside for me is that my car is parked so close to my bedroom that sometimes the phone pairs to the 910 while I'm lying in bed (I never turn the 910 off) . I then have to manually route the audio to the handset when I'm on a call. Also, one time when I walked up to the car, the 700p did a spontaneous soft reset. Every other time, though, it worked perfectly.

Hope that helps!

Rotello
    It makes no sense as when I pair it it even says DUN is avalible, but when I go to setup the actuall DUN aspect it say it can't connect. I really would like it working as the traffic and GPSFix are really needed as I am modile 90% week! Any help would me awesome!

-matt
    www.techniglobal.com