Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There is really a difference in the way my text looks. When I open an email the text looks fine for a second and then flickers to blurry; almost like a voltage issue. I always was impressed with the screen quality even with the Treo faults and I don't think I can live with this.

Anyone else experience this after the update? Was Palm trying to add a font smoother?
    YES, I confirm. This happened to me after the ROM update !!!!!!!!!!

The screen definitely goes from crisp to blurry. You can make it happen by changing the brightness up and down. You'll see about a half a second of clear text then poof, blurry.

This sucks.
    I notice an orange shadow around my text in blazer. I don't see it in the email program. You can see my thread for more details. I cannot link to it as I am typing this on my Treo.
    You can temporary change the theme to a yellow background to offset the cast. Palm needs some major QC with these updates.
    I just checked it again and I do notice it in the email app. I noticed that it did not do it in Blazer while streaming music with pTunes.
    Everything still looks exactly the same to me, with the third party app FontSmoother enabled, or with it disabled. I suggest trying out FontSmoother and a replacement font anyway, things look much crisper that way, I'd bet you wouldn't want to go back after a few days with it.
    I have none of those problems.
  8. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Don't have any font issues.
    Its very noticable for me in blazer and versamail when I use the small font feature.
    Tried Fontsmoother and Fonts4OS5 but still the same issue. I tried to reinstall to see if it is a bad download but the same issue. I found Khroma works pretty good in hiding it as well as the Prefs -> Themes. I am surprised that some people don't have this issue as it is quite noticeable once you have it.
    I am also running font smoother with small fonts Arial 9pt.

I belive those that are not noticing are most likely using default fonts or larger fonts. If this can't get fixed, is there anyway to go back to old ROM?

I'll live with crappy bluetooth and skipping ptunes before I blur my vision.
    Interesting. On an un-updated 700p, one of the first things I noticed when I got it was blurry text right when I turned it on, which then smoothed out and looked great. Maybe Palm knew this was an existing problem, but instead of fixing it, they reversed the problem.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    I sure hope that is not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    I have none of those problems.
    Me neither.... fonts still look fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
    YES, I confirm. This happened to me after the ROM update !!!!!!!!!!

The screen definitely goes from crisp to blurry. You can make it happen by changing the brightness up and down. You'll see about a half a second of clear text then poof, blurry.

This sucks.
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I don't see the problem w/ any size fonts (large or small). Though new blazer seems incapable of rendering slashdot now.
    The blurry font gave me a massive headache. I really hope that this is fixed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballstate View Post
    The blurry font gave me a massive headache. I really hope that this is fixed soon.
    Same here. There is absolutely no explanation for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    Same here. There is absolutely no explanation for this.
    I did a hard reset and the blurry font came back. Man this is frusterating.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballstate View Post
    I did a hard reset and the blurry font came back. Man this is frusterating.
    Did that include reinstalling the update? I find it weird that some people are not having the problem. It seems like something that would effect everyone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast