Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    You can temporary change the theme to a yellow background to offset the cast. Palm needs some major QC with these updates.
    I am afraid Palm, Inc has no practical knowledge of what QC is

I completely agree with an earlier comment, not all Treos were created equal mostly do to faulty or non existent QC.

FWIW, I don't have any problems with my screen pre or post-MR, haven't noticed any improvements in display quality either.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 06/07/2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Typo
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
    Muff,

Sounds like you've done this before, thanks for the tip. Am I wrong here??? Shouldn't this be a free replacement?

I saw you post that a friend of yours had the blurry screen problem. Let me know if you find a hardware difference.
    Not that I have done it before but I experience it daily. I'm usually the tech is the back getting yelled at and ultimately I end up turning it over to the manager for that kind of decision. Every customer situation is different, things like equip protection, number of lines, time with Sprint all factor in. Techs and reps have procedures and guidelines that MUST be followed. The only person with those kinda of bottom line decisions are mangers and customer care (i.e retentions). Reps and techs can't override jack squat, my codes just won't work!

Muff
    Last edited by Muffnician; 06/08/2007 at 12:27 AM.
    No dice at the Sprint Store today. Even though I have the $7 per month plan. They said because it was still functional there was nothing they could do. I only have one more Sprint repair Center in town. They said to call Palm.
    I called Palm and it sounds like they are going to give me a replacement. However, I did not have my serial number handy since I was talking on my Treo. Will keep you updated.
    Sorry to hear they could not help you. I wish you the best of luck with Palm, they really seem to be owning up to their screw up. Most people are getting replacements. Thanks for the update.
    Well the Sprint Repair Center was far better than the Customer Care group. Sprint Repair replaced the phone with a new 700p.

I redid the MR, this one only took 33 minutes. The text blur is gone, this must be a hardware difference Palm overlooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
    Well the Sprint Repair Center was far better than the Customer Care group. Sprint Repair replaced the phone with a new 700p.

I redid the MR, this one only took 33 minutes. The text blur is gone, this must be a hardware difference Palm overlooked.
    Thanks for the update. What Sprint store?
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    Thanks for the update. What Sprint store?
    Store is on Crosby Drive in Burlington, MA
    Any updates on this issue?
    I wonder, does Sprint insurance cover if you get fed up and toss your T700p against a brick wall?
    I have this same problem. One thing that I notice is that the signal bars always seem to have the blur.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Same EXACT problem here. It's been hard to describe and Google this subtle but annoying problem, but here on TC it was easier to see there's others with the same issue. I thought maybe my software (Chatteremail and Datebk6) using the small fonts was somehow corrupted, but now I see it's widespread so likely is a hardware issue. I've hard erased and rebuilt the 700p from scratch several times with no avail.

I'm now on my 2nd Sprint 700p replacement ($7 replacement insurance) and this one has the problem too. The Software is Treo700p-1.10-SPNT, Hardware:A.

It's very frustrating. I'm just trying to hang onto the 700p until the Palm Pre is released, but the text blur makes my eyes strain. I'm tempted to switch to a Blackberry Bold or iPhone now!

I could go back to the Sprint Service center but they'll probably just order me a 3rd, and it will probably have the same problem again.

Did anyone have a fix?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123