Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    Did that include reinstalling the update? I find it weird that some people are not having the problem. It seems like something that would effect everyone.
    I didn't try reinstalling the update. I wasn't sure if that would do anything as it was at 1.10 after the hard reset. Any luck yet on your end?
    I am not having the problem, but I would swear that after the update my Treo's screen is a SLIGHTLY more saturated as far as colors go (a good thing as far as I'm concerned). I suppose that what some of you are experiencing is the downside of this as it would mean that the new ROM apparently messes around with the display drivers at a very low level.

You know, I don't think that Palm's problem is the MR or its installer (which has now apparently been pulled) but rather it is the fact that it really would appear that all 700p's were NOT created equal and that there are a lot of differences in the hardware at some levels (that apparently Palm failed to account for). If the hardware was the same then 99.9% of the people doing the SD card install from a fresh Hard Reset should have had no problems, however, it would seem that this was not the case.
    Last edited by ajabbari; 06/05/2007 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballstate View Post
    I didn't try reinstalling the update. I wasn't sure if that would do anything as it was at 1.10 after the hard reset. Any luck yet on your end?
    I was going to try the SD card method but it has been pulled from the website.
    I can't believe there aren't more people out there w/ this problem. Blazer text in small font is dizzying. People that have the problem, please comment whether or not you have font smoother.

I saved the rom updater to my computer. I'll try another hard reset and reinstall tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
    I can't believe there aren't more people out there w/ this problem. Blazer text in small font is dizzying. People that have the problem, please comment whether or not you have font smoother.

I saved the rom updater to my computer. I'll try another hard reset and reinstall tonight.
    I do not have font smoother but this problem is driving me insane. I think I am going to take it to a Sprint store tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I'm sorry but I'll have to add another data point on the side of no post-MR blurriness (and I do use small fonts just about anywhere that I can). I went the route of the (1) NVBackup (and BackupMan to be safe), (2) Hard Reset, (3) SD card MR, (4) Selective restore from NVBackup.

I wonder if maybe your phone overheated during your upgrade and created a permanent condition? Did your upgrade take an excessively long time and/or did you notice the phone get extremely hot? I'm sorry it happened to you, but perhaps you can get a replacement from the Sprint store ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    I'm sorry but I'll have to add another data point on the side of no post-MR blurriness (and I do use small fonts just about anywhere that I can). I went the route of the (1) NVBackup (and BackupMan to be safe), (2) Hard Reset, (3) SD card MR, (4) Selective restore from NVBackup.

I wonder if maybe your phone overheated during your upgrade and created a permanent condition? Did your upgrade take an excessively long time and/or did you notice the phone get extremely hot? I'm sorry it happened to you, but perhaps you can get a replacement from the Sprint store ...
    See the weird thing is that it is actually clear for a second and then it goes blurry. That's a good thought but it has something to do with how the font is being displayed by the Treo. It is not a faulty screen due to overheating during the updating process.
    I must be blind or I just never looked into it so deep before the update unless my device just wasn't effected by the update. None of you would believe how I treat my treo. It is totally a tool for me and some cosmetic things that would noticeably upset others, I wouldn't notice at all. I treat it like a regular cell phone with heavy usage battle scars and all (i.e. very expensive cell phone)...lol
    at&t iPhone3G
    I tried redoing the update, no luck. The update software detects you already have the new ROM and does not let you overwrite. See attached picture.

I am also going to the Sprint store tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
    I tried redoing the update, no luck. The update software detects you already have the new ROM and does not let you overwrite. See attached picture.

I am also going to the Sprint store tomorrow.
    Thanks, I can now delete the update off of my extra SD card if I can't redo the update again. I kept it on their in case after a couple of days of a good running 700, things go from sugar to $hit. My 700 is running awesome and I don't have any faith that it will continue that way for long...I know, its pitiful...the abuse from Palm has done this to me.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I fully agree that there were major hardware differences when the 700p came out.. the screens looked totally different!.. it took 5 treos for me to get a screen that looked like my wifes (more like the 650).. all of the ones I got had an orange screen that drove me crazy... can some get a screen shot of the blurry text? I would be interested in seeing it.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Okay, I just got back from a Sprint Store. I took it in, showed it to the person and she saw blurry text. I had to reload a page so it would go from clear text to blurry text but she saw it. She told me to come back in 45 minutes so I did. After waiting another half an hour the guy brings my phone back and says "Here you go, you are all set." So I figured they must have fixed it. I went out to my car looked at the phone and all they had done is changed my font from small size to large size. It is less noticeable with large size font. I switched back to small size and it is the same as before. I will be taking my phone back to a different Sprint store tomorrow and checking the phone out before I take it out of the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    Okay, I just got back from a Sprint Store. I took it in, showed it to the person and she saw blurry text. I had to reload a page so it would go from clear text to blurry text but she saw it. She told me to come back in 45 minutes so I did. After waiting another half an hour the guy brings my phone back and says "Here you go, you are all set." So I figured they must have fixed it. I went out to my car looked at the phone and all they had done is changed my font from small size to large size. It is less noticeable with large size font. I switched back to small size and it is the same as before. I will be taking my phone back to a different Sprint store tomorrow and checking the phone out before I take it out of the store.
    I would have walked back in and said WTF you just changed the font...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    I would have walked back in and said WTF you just changed the font...
    I should have.
    I spoke w/ sprint customer care to replace screen blurry issue and they said this was a Palm warranty defect and I need to go through Palm.

I have the Total Equipment Protection plan for $7/month, their response was that to use that I would need to pay the $50 deductable for insurance coverage. Tomorrow I am going to the sprint store and see if they are more reasonable. If not, I feel bad for the clerk that has that is running the desk, patience is long gone now I will get this 700pieceofcrap replaced.
    I am with you. I am not going to be nice tomorrow.
    Please speak with a manger, the reps can't/won't help you especially if you yell at them. I promise you this

Muff
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    Please speak with a manger, the reps can't/won't help you especially if you yell at them. I promise you this

Muff
    Muff,

Sounds like you've done this before, thanks for the tip. Am I wrong here??? Shouldn't this be a free replacement?

I saw you post that a friend of yours had the blurry screen problem. Let me know if you find a hardware difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post

Muff
    Are you referencing in store or calling *2?
    My screen hasn't changed after a pre and post check but I do understand the frustration from individuals who have been in long suffering awaiting this update.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast