Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It took a year to put out this piece of crap MR. Bluetooth still looses pairing with the same damn headsets it did before.
    Lag...still there!!!
    What a bunch of irresponsible, ignorant, incompetent, scum-sucking, low-life morons.
    Have a nice day!!!
    lol.. classic..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    lol!
    PCStreo,

SO I GUESS ME SELLING MY TREO ON EBAY WAS THE SMARTEST THING I HAVE DONE, INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR THE MR. I GUESS I LUCKED OUT!

BOY, NOW I FEEL BETTER USING MY BLACKBERRY 8830!

GOOD LUCK!

MATT
    Quote Originally Posted by FSUFAN1200 View Post
    PCStreo,

SO I GUESS ME SELLING MY TREO ON EBAY WAS THE SMARTEST THING I HAVE DONE, INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR THE MR. I GUESS I LUCKED OUT!

GOOD LUCK!

MATT
    Yup, I too got sick and tired of my Treo 680 and 750 not working perfectly, so I got my Maintenance Upgrade in a Blackberry 8300 (Curve)! Works perfectly with BT, etc. No problems in a week so far.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    If you have a 700p and cant get a free upgrade to the 755p get the BB. Go now to the BB trade in program and they will buy your 700p back for $202 or you can sell it on ebay but remember you pay shipping costs along with paypal along with the hassle and other ebay fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCStreo View Post
    It took a year to put out this piece of crap MR. Bluetooth still looses pairing with the same damn headsets it did before.
    Lag...still there!!!
    What a bunch of irresponsible, ignorant, incompetent, scum-sucking, low-life morons.
    Have a nice day!!!
    good news...i just got off the phone with palm and they feel the same way about you!
    seriously...if the mr didn't fix YOUR phone then YOU hve a bad phone. i am sure you are not alone. you should have no problem getting a free 750 from retentions....then can atleast sell it an move on to another company.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    If you have a 700p and cant get a free upgrade to the 755p get the BB. Go now to the BB trade in program and they will buy your 700p back for $202 or you can sell it on ebay but remember you pay shipping costs along with paypal along with the hassle and other ebay fees.
    I love how its $235 tradein for a Treo 700p, and $90 tradein for a Treo 600. $90 for the 600 is probably way more than I could get on ebay. That being said, I'm still happy with my 700p, as I've always been, so thats not happening.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Or you could list it LOCALLY for FREE on Craigslist (www.craigslist.org).

and, based on what I've seen, I guess the Verizon customers lucked out. I'm still waiting for my 8830 via FED-Ex. I won't wait for the MR - I don't want to deal with a brick I can't sell.
    =====================================================================================
    Palm Pilot, Palm Vx, Kyo 6035, Kyo 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700pos and FINALLY:
    BLACKBERRY 8830, because it just WORKS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JCFox View Post
    Or you could list it LOCALLY for FREE on Craigslist (www.craigslist.org).

and, based on what I've seen, I guess the Verizon customers lucked out. I'm still waiting for my 8830 via FED-Ex. I won't wait for the MR - I don't want to deal with a brick I can't sell.
    Damn verizon customers.. We dont get the 8830 for a while on sprint..
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    This update didn't really do much for me. The lag when opening and closing blazer went down by one second from like five. All other problems are still there. Good thing i just bought another phone. This phone is definitely going on EBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCStreo View Post
    Lag...still there!!!
    Have a nice day!!!
    You have no class. I hope the moderators delete your post....

1. The majority of the people who post here love their 700POS despite its issues. Think back to the days of Windows 95. That OS was the most crashing, blue screen, unstable, thing I've ever seen; but 100's of millions of people bought it and loved it because it was the best at what it did. The Treo 700p is the best at what it does and I believe Palm is going to make it better. Yes, there are days my Treo annoys me and I think about the greener grass the must be on the other side of the fence, but I still really like this phone.

2. Many people have posted TODAY that the MR has made a big difference. My guess is that you've hacked and modified you phone to death or you have a bad phone.

3. NO ONE out there has a better Smartphone solution. Yes the BB8830 is a nice phone, but the Treo is better. Take push email, as one example: Install Chatteremail on your Treo and you have 1:1 sync with any IMAP mail box you setup. I've been using this app for a few months and it is, in many ways, better than my desktop email client. The BB8830 give you push email (just like chatter), but not true email sync like I get with my Treo and Chatter. I open an email on my Treo and in seconds it shows up on my desktop as a read email. Can BB do that... Don't think so.

4. LAG???? Do a hard reset on your phone to get rid of all of the crap you dont really need on your phone and see how well it runs. I would bet anything that you get next to no lag.

5. Bluetooth: Again, there are MANY posts here that state that the MR made a huge difference with Bluetooth functionality. Are you running an unsupported device maybe???

I am right there with you that Palm should not have taken a year to update bugs with their flagship phone, but they have now delivered it and I think many are happy with the fixes. Deal.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by xgh05tx View Post
    This update didn't really do much for me. The lag when opening and closing blazer went down by one second from like five. All other problems are still there. Good thing i just bought another phone. This phone is definitely going on EBay.
    Go have a read on the 755P forum.. They are saying the same thing about these new phones. What does this say to us? It is hardware related... We need more horsepower. No MR will get rid of all of the lag, but how bad is this? Until I read posts on here about lag, I didn't think anything about it on my "un-MRed" 700P. So I get a brief white screen when switching apps. So what. It lasts maybe a second.

However, the majority of the posts from people who have "MRed" thier phones is that the lag has been reduced. Go back and read the post from Palm about the MR and lag.... They didn't say they would get rid of Lag all together, they said that we should notice better performance especially with respect to the phone app. I think the posts on here prove that Palm did exactly what they said they were doing to do with respect to this issue.
    Hmmm 100's of millions loved their crash prone blue screen of death called Windows 95? That's why I chose the 700P and not the 700WX. My truck is too big to use the WX as a wheel chock. I love my Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieTrkr View Post
    Hmmm 100's of millions loved their crash prone blue screen of death called Windows 95? That's why I chose the 700P and not the 700WX. My truck is too big to use the WX as a wheel chock. I love my Treo 700P
    You missed my point.. What I was saying has nothing to do with the 700wx, windows mobile, or Microsoft what so ever. My point was that the Palm OS today is very much like Windows 95 was back in 1995. Win95 crashed alot, had some issues, but was the best at what it did. Because it was the best at what it did is WHY 100s of millions bought it, despite it's short comings.

Don't get me wrong, I think M$ is a top notch company. However, I think Palm does a better job at mobile devices that they do. M$ may close the gap in time, but today Palm is the king of the mobile device hill.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    good news...i just got off the phone with palm and they feel the same way about you!
    LOL!

They are not the only ones who feel that way about the OP.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FSUFAN1200 View Post
    PCStreo,

GOOD LUCK!

MATT

I thought the blackberry had a shift key?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    You have no class. I hope the moderators delete your post....

1. The majority of the people who post here love their 700POS despite its issues. Think back to the days of Windows 95. That OS was the most crashing, blue screen, unstable, thing I've ever seen; but 100's of millions of people bought it and loved it because it was the best at what it did. The Treo 700p is the best at what it does and I believe Palm is going to make it better. Yes, there are days my Treo annoys me and I think about the greener grass the must be on the other side of the fence, but I still really like this phone.

2. Many people have posted TODAY that the MR has made a big difference. My guess is that you've hacked and modified you phone to death or you have a bad phone.

3. NO ONE out there has a better Smartphone solution. Yes the BB8830 is a nice phone, but the Treo is better. Take push email, as one example: Install Chatteremail on your Treo and you have 1:1 sync with any IMAP mail box you setup. I've been using this app for a few months and it is, in many ways, better than my desktop email client. The BB8830 give you push email (just like chatter), but not true email sync like I get with my Treo and Chatter. I open an email on my Treo and in seconds it shows up on my desktop as a read email. Can BB do that... Don't think so.

4. LAG???? Do a hard reset on your phone to get rid of all of the crap you dont really need on your phone and see how well it runs. I would bet anything that you get next to no lag.

5. Bluetooth: Again, there are MANY posts here that state that the MR made a huge difference with Bluetooth functionality. Are you running an unsupported device maybe???

I am right there with you that Palm should not have taken a year to update bugs with their flagship phone, but they have now delivered it and I think many are happy with the fixes. Deal.

Greg
    May I call you Greg?
    Well Greg...you are wrong.

I have plenty of class..ask my wife.

1. Comparing Palm to Microsoft. Exactly my point. What a genius!

2. Where?

3. Have you been living under a rock. IPHONE.

4. If you do not want crashes or lag.. do not load any third party software. Brilliant!

5. Unsupported device. There you go again! Brilliant!. It's bluetooth..it should all work.

I am glad you are happy with your phone. I hope that jar of vasoline reduces the pain!
    wowwee wow!! I agree that the Treo works better with no software but then don't ADVERTISE IT AS BEING ABLE TO RUN THOUSANDS OF PROGRAMS!! I guess I missed the disclaimer telling me as soon as I put a certain amount of software on my Treo, it will work like crap.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast