1.    #1  
    According to gizmodo, Cingular is boosting their edge network from 40kbs to 80kbs getting ready for iPhone. This also should help 680 folks as well.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/exclusive...dge-265867.php
    Last edited by jasonechoi; 06/04/2007 at 07:35 PM.
    umm.. what?

I get 140kbit/sec regularly out of Cingular.. GPRS is more along the lines of 40kbit/sec.

Perhaps this is "guaranteed" minimum speed, be nice if they mentioned the maximum real-life speed along with this, then.

BTW, try to find "Fine EDGE" anywhere except Blogs. This sounds like someone is making up terms to me, regardless of if it's real or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    umm.. what?

I get 140kbit/sec regularly out of Cingular.. GPRS is more along the lines of 40kbit/sec.
    It sounds to me like all AT&T is doing is boosting data capacity (backhaul, radius assigned to/usable by data connections) on sites that don't have all that much.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Well, if they're doing something that will benefit us all (even if it is for the iPhone) then I'm not going to complain.
    C'mon Cingy, just go ahead and boost it up to 3mbs or so. We won't complain.
    Patrick Horne