Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    working good on my 755... no resets or anything... Thanks !!
  2.    #22  
    If you are getting resets you may have a conflict with another 3rd party app I have installed this now on 4 755p's including mine and nothing has gone wrong.. Z launcher might be conflicting(If you have it hiding junk also) and causing a restart can anyone confirm that?
    great little app. Where has it been all my life!
    Ok, I found this thread and tried downloading it on my Treo, didn't work for me (the downloading part). So I have it downloaded onto my PC. Now with Win Vista the Palm installer does not work. So to install this manually how would I go about it? Thanks I am obviously a Treo newbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by nardoae View Post
    Ok, I found this thread and tried downloading it on my Treo, didn't work for me (the downloading part). So I have it downloaded onto my PC. Now with Win Vista the Palm installer does not work. So to install this manually how would I go about it? Thanks I am obviously a Treo newbie.
    Assuming you have an email account setup on your Treo, you could email the app to yourself.
    I ended up being able to DL the .prc file to my MSD card. Thanks for the tips. Vista support sucks, then again Vista is ticking me off in general but that is for another thread. Thanks again.
    Last edited by nardoae; 06/10/2007 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Assuming you have an email account setup on your Treo, you could email the app to yourself.
    or better yet... use the InstApp program that is imbedded in the palm folder...

that program will install application to your treo's phone memory & or expansion card...

usual location is:

c:\Program Files\Palm\instapp

double click that app & it will serve as your quick install substitute...

you could delete your palm quick install shortcust & replace it w/ the InstApp program...

this really works...
    Works on My 755 like a Champ
    awsome works great.!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's interesting. There have been a plethora of threads over the years about this capability and there are at least three related freeware apps of which I'm aware, but there's always somebody for whom application X works while Y and Z cause them resets. There doesn't appear to be any pattern to why this happens.

Anyhow, if neither Obfuscate nor this ApplicationPanl thingy works for you, you can try what I use, ROMHide. This also installs as a preference panel, so don't look for it in your launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    here you go,

you can find it in the (Prefs->Applications )
    Nice! Small, simple and works just fine. Thank you for sharing.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    here you go,

you can find it in the (Prefs->Applications )

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to Palm Smart phones. I just purchased a 755. If I am understanding this conversation correctly, you are talking about ways to hide applications, right?

Can someone please tell me how exactly to locate the file after I have downloaded it and Hot Sync'd the device?

Thanks for your patience and time!

Mica
    Quote Originally Posted by MicaB7 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to Palm Smart phones. I just purchased a 755. If I am understanding this conversation correctly, you are talking about ways to hide applications, right?

Can someone please tell me how exactly to locate the file after I have downloaded it and Hot Sync'd the device?

Mica
    If you're talking about apps, they typically appear in the main category, sometimes they go to unfiled. Just look under all apps and you should see it unless you downloaded it to your SD card in which case, look there.
    launcher X
    <I LUV DEM G.R.I.T.S>
    What I like for this purpose is Invisible (the 1.4 version, a different program from the 1.0 version with the same name). Its freeware and does the job perfectly, don't need anything more than that.
    OMG I LOVE this app!!!

Silly how the little things make it so nice eh?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MicaB7 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Mica
    If youre talking about THIS app specifically and where to find it... you dont or wont see it as a regular app its in your user prefs panel under applications.
    There is no spoon.
    Treo newbie here, just got a 755p. I downloaded the ApplicationsPanl to my Mac and HotSync'd, but I can't find the appliation on my Treo. I looked under Applications-Preferences but no luck. Should I be looking somewhere else?
    Hoping to hide an application or two. Thanks!

D
    Once installed, it should appear in your System Preferences, under Personal. The name of the panel is Applications. Look there, click it, and then just click the apps you want to hide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Once installed, it should appear in your System Preferences, under Personal. The name of the panel is Applications. Look there, click it, and then just click the apps you want to hide.
    Doh! you beat me to it.

well done.

I have found tho that sometimes it doesnt like to hide this or that app all the time. Weird but its still very nice to have.
    There is no spoon.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast