1.    #1  
    Preamble:
    There are two lags that I am aware of: application switching and db loading. To me the latter is far more of an issue (though not as widely discussed or known).

History:
    Recycling bits from a previous post:

This is a direct quote from Jeffgibson back in October:
    There is a nasty bug in the Palm operating system that is causing this slowness during profile changes. In fact you see this same slowness in many other applications too on the Treo 700p. There are several threads talking about this very subject.
    The bug kicks in when applications request information that is stored in files on the Treo 700p. In ProfileCare's case, the profile information is stored in a file. The programming calls used to access this information are orders of magnatude slower on the Treo 700p as compared to the Treo 650. To fix this problem I would have to rewrite the entire database application programming interface on the Treo 700p and that would be a significant undertaking!
    I just hope we get an updated ROM for the Treo 700p that fixes this particular issue.
    Jeff, but the way is the developer of Profile Care, Volume Care, CradleCare, BTmute, Schedule Care, and a host of other brilliant pieces of software. To say he would know what he is talking about would be an understatement.
    Bottom Line:
    The MR has eliminated the first and made good progress against the second: Profile switching in PC about 3x faster for me. The next test will be with my wife's calendar db which takes 25-30 seconds to load in Agendus. I'll install the MR on her device when I am content mine works fine (I was one of the endless reset victims).
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I did the MR update and the lag was on the 700p before (I had my phone set up with versa mail never used so before it was still the fastest treo I have seen in person). But even after a hard reset than the MR clean treo, side by side with the new 755p replacement that arrived today the 700p still lags, when changing between applications and to the phone menu. Blazer still put me to a white screen when leaving it. I could tell negligible difference from before to after the MR.
  3.    #3  
    By the way, Speedy reports no significant change in Benchmark %/MHz figures of 1515/303 (which is expected). But PalmInternals is running much faster. Speedtest results for me were about 30% better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    By the way, Speedy reports no significant change in Benchmark %/MHz figures of 1515/303 (which is expected). But PalmInternals is running much faster. Speedtest results for me were about 30% better.
    Still doesnt change the fact that when you have a hard rest fresh 700p with the MR next to a 755p that has not been reset since the launch date on the 14th of last month that has versa mail and texts stored up along with a ton of contacts yet is still faster from going from the home menu to the phone menu.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Still doesnt change the fact that when you have a hard rest fresh 700p with the MR next to a 755p that has not been reset since the launch date on the 14th of last month that has versa mail and texts stored up along with a ton of contacts yet is still faster from going from the home menu to the phone menu.
    I can't say 'one' in the time that it takes my MR'ed 700p to do that. Good enough for me considering what I could say before!
  6.    #6  
    I installed Agendus 12 on the 700p and I no longer have any lags worth mentioning.

The MR did not help the significant lag on launch of Agendus on my wife's 700p. I will install V12 tonight and report back if it reduced her near 30 second launch times.
    i still get the white screen when going to blazer after the MR update
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i still get the white screen when going to blazer after the MR update
    I suggest deleting (via zlauncher) all blazer related files, like your bookmarks, autofill items, etc. It's a pain in the but to rebuild these but I guarantee it will make blazer launch quickly again. It worked like a charm for me.
    do u always have to delete these? or will blazer continue to stay fast after i delete them this one time...?

is there is creator id that i can search under in filez that brings up the files u are referring to?

how would i delete via zlauncher?

what would i drag into the tools panel, the web icon?

after and before the MR i hard reset my treo and just reinstalled my blazer bookmarks...

would having bookmarks slow down blazer from running, i have like three pages
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan View Post
    I suggest deleting (via zlauncher) all blazer related files, like your bookmarks, autofill items, etc. It's a pain in the but to rebuild these but I guarantee it will make blazer launch quickly again. It worked like a charm for me.
    This does not work for everyone. No more *guarantees* please.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    there is a desktop accessory that can delete your blazer info !

i am creating a new DA thread so people can share there DAs

to get blazer DA and more desktop accessories

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1290321
    Last edited by italiangspot; 06/20/2007 at 02:39 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Launch of Agendus has gone from 30 seconds to 2 on MR'ed 700p with V12.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    I installed Agendus 12 on the 700p and I no longer have any lags worth mentioning.

The MR did not help the significant lag on launch of Agendus on my wife's 700p. I will install V12 tonight and report back if it reduced her near 30 second launch times.
    uncached is working great on my 700p vzw (no MR). No lag between app switching. DB loading (key suite w/ 5000 contacts) takes a few seconds. I am happy. dont think i will do a MR if VZW releases one. BT works great too!