Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The MR went fine, so I decided to finally buy and install SAG 1.12. Had it working fine with TCPMP and my Moto HT820, then I decided to try playing with some of the SAG settings. Bad idea.

Somehow I managed to lock SAG up, so I tried a soft reset. Even worse idea.

Now I'm locked on the ACCESS POWERED screen, even after multiple soft, warm and hard reset attempts. It just sits there and stares at me.

Any ideas? Maybe pulling the battery for a few hours? 20# sledge?
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 06/04/2007 at 06:24 PM.
    Yeah, try pulling the battery for awhile, sometimes it does more than a reset.

How's Aurora? I'm from St. Charles...
    Go to the store, show them that you are stuck on the screen and if ya sprint customer, hopefully give you a 755P instead with 700 EOL now
    Take battery out and reset with just USB or wall power. Do the digitizer setup and you should get to the home. then put battery back in. All is good.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I thought my day started out just lovely stuck in Chicago traffic then I decided to update my Treo...God how I miss that Chicago traffic now!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Take battery out and reset with just USB or wall power. Do the digitizer setup and you should get to the home. then put battery back in. All is good.
    I've tried resetting with no battery on USB power, and I get nothing - still the ACCESS POWERED screen. Suggestions?

I have a feeling I'll be driving over to the Sprint store at lunch...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Yeah, try pulling the battery for awhile, sometimes it does more than a reset.

How's Aurora? I'm from St. Charles...

I tried leaving the battery out overnight, but no dice.

Wet here right now - I was just in ATL last week. Man, your traffic sucks!
    thought mine was hosed too. went into that endless "Palm"<-->"Access" loop.
    i thought i would have to buy a 755p for a second because i didn't have insurance. i finally figured out if you press the reset button and hold the red on/off button for a couple of seconds, a screen will display "Delete all data?". you press up for yes and down for no. I pressed up and couple of seconds later the digitizer screen appeared. Its called a hard reset. hope this helps.
  9.    #9  
    I never get the round logo Palm screen, it goes right to Access Powered. When I try and do a hard reset, I get the "Delete all data" prompt, but no matter whether I choose yes or no, I just go back to Access Powered.

Grrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I never get the round logo Palm screen, it goes right to Access Powered. When I try and do a hard reset, I get the "Delete all data" prompt, but no matter whether I choose yes or no, I just go back to Access Powered.

Grrrr.

Its most likely fried. I took mine in today. Its fried. I have to wait 3-5 days~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisermo View Post
    Its most likely fried. I took mine in today. Its fried. I have to wait 3-5 days~
    wow I'm surprised. Your repair center must suck. If you take it in, usually they replace the 700p with a shiny new 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    wow I'm surprised. Your repair center must suck. If you take it in, usually they replace the 700p with a shiny new 755p.
    Ya, I guess they stink
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Go to the store, show them that you are stuck on the screen and if ya sprint customer, hopefully give you a 755P instead with 700 EOL now
    Don't bet on it. I received 2 brand new 700p's in the past 2 days after I screwed up updating the old ones by following palm's instructions. I'm not going to try to update this current new one unless I absolutely have to...

Of course, I guess I could keep trying...wonder if I can singlehandly run my local sprint store out of 700p's???
  14.    #14  
    Anybody have any helpful hints on how to force Sprint to give me a new phone instead of a reconditioned 700P?
  15.    #15  
    Well, I managed to get the phone to do something different, but I don't know if it's an improvement.

If I pull the battery and drop it into my USB cradle while holding the cradle's sync button, I get the multicolored screen. Some kind of diagnostics mode?
    Anybody have any helpful hints on how to force Sprint to give me a new phone instead of a reconditioned 700P?
    Not sure. They told me I was getting a 700p and I am waiting 3 days for it.
    I guess they have to buy them back off Ebay before giving it to me.
  17.    #17  
    What a long, strange trip it's been…

I spoke with my nearest Sprint Corporate store yesterday and was told to bring my 700P in, that if they couldn't fix it they'd replace it. I questioned if it would be with a new phone or a refurb, and was told that it would be a minty clean refurbished phone. They said that they had them there for immediate replacement.

So, I take the 45 minute drive through rush-hour traffic to get there. An hour after they take my phone, out comes this hip-hop kid with my phone. "Nope, it's dead. We'll have you a replacement Friday or Monday, probably Monday."

What?

I spoke to a manager and was told there was nothing she would do to resolve the issue then and there. She refused to give me a loaner or a new phone of any kind. She also blew off my complaint about being told they had replacements in stock. When asked about escalation, she told me to call Customer Care and refused to buck me up her management chain.

So, this morning I called Customer Care and (politely) unloaded on them. The Customer Care rep was very understanding and helpful, and bucked me up to Account Services. After I explained my problem to the Account Services rep, I asked her to replace my doorstop with a 755, mentioning that others were getting them as replacements. She agreed with a two year contract – not a problem since I'm only 6 months into my current two year.

It should be here Friday.
    I am already 8 months into my agreement. I just don't want to go down that road. So I could very well get a USED 700p! How can you tell if it has been referbished? If that is the case, maybe I will brick it until I get the phone I want. That is riduclous!
    I tried leaving the battery out overnight, but no dice.

Wet here right now - I was just in ATL last week. Man, your traffic sucks!
    The traffic sucks because people don't know how to drive down here. They seem to misunderstand the rules of right lane/left lane driving. Don't ever come if they're expecting any kind of weather, including light rain

The multi-colored screen you accessed sounds like the bootloader screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    Don't bet on it. I received 2 brand new 700p's in the past 2 days after I screwed up updating the old ones by following palm's instructions. I'm not going to try to update this current new one unless I absolutely have to...

Of course, I guess I could keep trying...wonder if I can singlehandly run my local sprint store out of 700p's???
    Geez that sucks >.< gues it pays to be in a small area (though it sucks since tkaes forever to get EVDO!) All the 700P is gone but don't know if they will say they have to send it in for repair. Knowing the reps there they will most likely trade on the spot though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast