Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have performed the MR on the 700p and I have the problem that my network connection keeps disconnecting when using certain network applications such as Chatter (when in the background) and Google Maps. This makes Chatter virtually unusable in the background. Has anyone else seen this behavior or found a way not to auto-disconnect and reconnect?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    How long does your connection usually last? Like right after the MR this afternoon, mine would only stay connected for may be 5 mins or so, but now it seem to stay connected the entire time just like before.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Normally when I exit Chatter it lasts for about a minute (if that) before I see a "pause" before the re-connection dialog box comes up. Then after a minute or two I get it again...
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Well, I am still seeing this...although not as frequently as I was, but I still get seemingly random disconnects and almost immediate reconnects that I was not getting before the MR with my network connection.
    I get the message, "To complete this request, you must connect to the internet. Would you like to connect now?" Is this what you mean by disconnects/reconnects? I am seeing many times throughout the day. Rarely before the MR.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yes. I have that message turned off (i.e. set not to ask me), so my phone just goes straight to log back on to the network (like clicking "yes" at that dialog message)

This is exactly the problem I am seeing. Do you have Chatter or some other net app running in the background? It almost seems like the phone auto-disconnects when the phone thinks the session is not used any more even though it is still needs to be connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Do you have Chatter or some other net app running in the background?
    I do have Chatter running. I am testing it in my trial period. I see this happening the most trying tethered with USB, but have also seen it many times throughout the day. I hard reset, installed MR, and restored with nvbackup. Today, I hard reset and reinstalled all my apps. No improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I get the message, "To complete this request, you must connect to the internet. Would you like to connect now?" Is this what you mean by disconnects/reconnects? I am seeing many times throughout the day. Rarely before the MR.
    Under your network preferences, uncheck the "Ask before connecting to the Internet." option. May not fix your connection issue, but it will reconnect without user intervention.
    Quote Originally Posted by egn View Post
    Under your network preferences, uncheck the "Ask before connecting to the Internet." option. May not fix your connection issue, but it will reconnect without user intervention.
    Is that option new with the MR? I don't remember the message prior to the MR. Either that or I am dropping the network several times a day.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I already have that option unchecked and as you surmised it does not solve the issue...it only does not prompt you before reconnecting. My phone just sat here on my desk and disconnected and reconnected four times straight in a row.

I too did the MR update and then restored from a backup file (with Resco Backup). I wonder if something gets restored that is messing up the connection info since not everyone is seeing this issue. I even asked Marc (creator of Chatter) and he has not had this issue reported to him yet. Any more info or luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I already have that option unchecked and as you surmised it does not solve the issue...it only does not prompt you before reconnecting. My phone just sat here on my desk and disconnected and reconnected four times straight in a row.

I too did the MR update and then restored from a backup file (with Resco Backup). I wonder if something gets restored that is messing up the connection info since not everyone is seeing this issue. I even asked Marc (creator of Chatter) and he has not had this issue reported to him yet. Any more info or luck?
    Actually, I initially did a backup restore, but then hard reset and reinstalled all applications. It made no difference. My disconnect/connect does not seem to be as bad as yours. I have only had one today, but rarely or if ever saw it before.
    I am beginning to think this was a network problem. Rock solid yesterday. Knock on wood. Hopefully, just coincidence with timing of MR.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Mine is still having issues, but I am not sure why...
    You need to reprovision your phone.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have gone to the ##DATA# screen and done one run through of the "Update Vision Profile" before and this did not seem to help. Are there any more steps to reprovisioning the phone I need to try?

As a note I did a Hard Reset and only loaded Chatter on it and I still see this behavior.

Thanks
    I had to reprovision 3 times before it stuck. there is other procedures, but u will have to call sprint treo support for them. I would try it a few more times, then if it still is broke, call them.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Is that option new with the MR? I don't remember the message prior to the MR. Either that or I am dropping the network several times a day.
    It was present in the old ROM as well.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    So...I reprovisioned multiple times and right after I get the success screen I go into Blazer. A few seconds after that the network disconnects and reconnects, a few seconds later it disconnects again and reconnects, about 10 seconds later it repeats again. All this time it never made it to the home page of Blazer.

When I broke that cycle by cancelling the process, I went back in to Blazer where it connected and went properly to the CNN mobile page. I navigated to one more page and then the phone disconnected from the network almost immediately.

This is definitly not normal....
    u definitely have more problems than just dropping pv.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    So what should I do? Should I try installing the MR again? Call Sprint and try to explain my issue to the people there? Just try to live with it for the time being?
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast