Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I'm a Verizon user without Chatter, and my Error 3000 was cured by *228 Opt 2. I had previously reprovisioned it with an Opt 1, but still got the error until doing the Opt 2.
    u have any idea what that represents for us sprint people?
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    nothing, it means he got his email working.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    Dialing *228 and then selecting Opt 1 is what Verizon users do to program or reprogram a phone. *228 Opt 2 is to update roaming capabilities. I had my Error 3000 affecting all data services until I did both. I don't know what Sprint uses that corrolates with both of those Verizon functions.
    *2 is the Sprint version of the above. PRL update. You have to call Sprint first to set it up, then call back to download it. However, it will not fix the PV dropout problem. I have the latest version 20227, and it hasn't helped a bit.
    Matty
    I had all of the same network issues related in this thread and finally decided to go to the Sprint store after I couldn't take it any more. I'm wondering which is more to blame, the PRL or the MR?

I originally did the update using the hotsync method and everything seemed to go well as far as all of the software versions matching up. I didn't notice a huge improvement in anything, but I didn't have many issues before the update. After the update, things went squirrelly with my PV, switching from 1xrtt to EVDO and getting stuck in a roam and battery drain. It took me multiple times to try and connect to the network and check email. The biggest pain came when I was at work so I will update tomorrow when I get a chance to replicate the worst performance areas.

The refurb replacement 700P is 1.08 and I have the mini SD with adapter card that Palm says may cause issues when updating. So, I guess I'm waiting a bit before trying to update again. My old 700P wasn't bad before the update and I should have left well enough alone. Drat!
    I had problems with prl 20227 before the MR. I wonder if the MR just made them worse.
    Matty
    That's interesting. I got the new PRL and the MR at the same time. I didn't have any issues until that development. Your experience makes me think that the PRL is at least partly to blame. When I was home....in a good EVDO area, the only issue I had was having to connect to PV somewhat frequently. When I was in a borderline area, it was a nightmare.
    I got the new prl just a week or 2 before the MR, and had issues right off the bat. Just enough to notice. then post MR it all went to hell............
    Matty
    Crap. Just realized I have the new PRL with 1.08. Well, at least I'll be able to nail down the culprit for my network issues at work.
    Matty...did you update via hotsync or sd?
    usb cable the first time. worked just fine. sd card the 2nd, just to make sure. had the pv dropouts through both installs
    Matty
    since you have 08. do you have any pv dropouts at all with the 20227 prl?
    Matty
    I literally just picked up the new phone an hour ago and I didn't really have the issues at home with a strong EVDO signal. I won't know how it's going until I go downtown tomorrow. Downtown Denver, btw.
    Actually, that's not right. I did have to reconnect to PV after a certain amount of inactivity with 1.10 and 20227. I'll let it sit for a bit and let you know if it loses the PV connection.
    you mean with 08?
    Matty
    well guys after 2 or more months of hell with this pv dropper, they are going to swap it out for a 755p. I test drove the wm6 stuff, and it was just a boring os. I did see in the 755p forum a mention of dropping pv, I hope it was just one persons problem, and this is not a every model type disaster.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    matty - Who is swapping out your phone for the 755? Sprint? I have 1.08 with the 20227 PRL and I do not get the PV dropouts, so I remain convinced that the MR has an issue of some sort with the data connection that we are seeing. (and it is not related to PRL)
    Palm is sending me another 700p. I guess, as Peridoc, I will have to stick with 1.08. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    matty - Who is swapping out your phone for the 755? Sprint? I have 1.08 with the 20227 PRL and I do not get the PV dropouts, so I remain convinced that the MR has an issue of some sort with the data connection that we are seeing. (and it is not related to PRL)
    sprint is swapping it out. It is on order and should be here by the first of the week. I told them that many others were having the same issue, so it had to be the phone, and I would not accept another 700. And then end up with the same problems. They wanted me to go with wm, but I have too much money in software, to lose all that and start over. But, if the same pv mess comes up on the 755, you can bet I will make them swap it for a wm device. They did promise that when the new esn showed up, that they would call and see if the new 755 has the same problems. Of course, I don't figure they will call. Just leave the MR part out of it, and tell them there are hundreds of others in the forums, that are having the same issue. If you tell them it's the MR, then they will send the 700p with 08 on it. So, you get all the other pre MR problems. Hope this helps Peridoc, and I will definitely let you know how the 755 fares.
    Matty
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast