Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Well...that lady called my buddy back and basically said that he needed to go back to firmware 1.08. He has reached the end of the line with Treo support at Sprint and they also suggested calling Palm and reporting the problem to them. Not sure where to go from here, but I guess he will just call them and get a replacement phone from Palm like I did. The Sprint lady did another RTN wipe and he still sees the problem after that with no 3rd party apps loaded.
    No PV drops since I got the refurb on Fri. Just installed MR 1.10. Before installing, I called Palm and they said if I saw the PV drops after the MR to call them and they would replace the phone again.
    Sorry it didn't work out for you guys. It solved all my problems. Sounds like some issue with the network there, and the MR. I have ev-do here, so I really don't know what to tell you.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    That is cool. I appreciate all the help and suggestions. I am glad that you fixed your issues...at least someone has. Hopefully all of this area will be upgraded to EVDO (instead of just half of our city) and that will solve the problem. For now since there is an obvious issue here with 1.10 and 1xRTT I will stick with 1.08. Too bad though...I liked what I saw with 1.10 with the exception of this.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I also called Sprint today and got walked through an RTN wipe. After we did that, the phone seems to be working ok. No more network issues. Well, except that if I have chatter going sometimes I can't get the screen to come on. It's like chatter has something so locked up that it takes 30 seconds or more to get a response from the phone. I'm thinking there is something about Chatter which is not compatible with the MR, or visa versa.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Oops, I spoke to soon. It took a while this time - maybe 2 or 3 hours, but I'm finally having the network problems again, doh! Guess I'll be calling Palm after all!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

i also did the RTN wipe myself and still have network issues, it keeps disconecting totally, might not be a bug, they might of implemented that to save battery power... but yet it causes issues if u have chatter push mail connected or IM application that needs to be connected and also makes connecting to internet longer... having vision resigning in...

at this point we are left to pick.. u want better bluetooth with the update 1.10 or u want your network connections to stay put with 1.08......?

how about both palm !
    My PV dropped at least 5 times so far today. I went hours without my email. I didn't realize I had no internet. This phone sucks.
    Matty
    Does this affect Verizon?
    Unfortunately yes its affecting us on verizon
    damnit. i guess i won't upgrade to the mR.
    I had the PV drops after applying the update (original). Even though the update was run with no problems, both Palm and Sprint blamed the update. Got the new phone from Palm 6/28 with 1.08 on it. I called Palm on 7/2 and asked if they would send another phone if it broke PV. They said they would. Installed the new 1.10 update with no problems. I have had no problems, as far as PV goes.
    how long since you installed the MR? Mine will go for days and be fine, then flare up just out of the blue.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I also called Sprint today and got walked through an RTN wipe. After we did that, the phone seems to be working ok. No more network issues. Well, except that if I have chatter going sometimes I can't get the screen to come on. It's like chatter has something so locked up that it takes 30 seconds or more to get a response from the phone. I'm thinking there is something about Chatter which is not compatible with the MR, or visa versa.
    This is normal behavior for Chatter, even without the MR. When it's sync'ing, it ties up the device. The Palm OS doesn't do multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    how long since you installed the MR? Mine will go for days and be fine, then flare up just out of the blue.
    I installed a week ago. Chatter works fine.
    As someone who uses Mundu/Toccer a lot (I leave it in the background), would I be better off without the MR?
    Below is a chat session I had with Palm support. Hopefully its good news for us.

user barakaspeed has entered room

barakaspeed> I just got the MR 1.10 for VZW on my 700p. Ever since this update I have been experiencing a loss of connectivity to 1X data networks whenever I leave EVDO areas. I have performed a hard reset in the process of troubleshooting and the problem still exists afterwards. This has been a common problem even with Sprint users as well. Please take note of this under discussion at treocentral.com

Please help! Maybe a revised MR update?

analyst Philip has entered room

Philip> Hello barakaspeed, Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Philip. How may I help you?
    Philip> Hello.
    barakaspeed> hello philip
    Philip> Please give me a moment while I go through your message.
    barakaspeed> thank you
    Philip> Thank you for staying on line.
    barakaspeed> no problem
    Philip> Let me know when you have done the upgrade on the Treo.
    barakaspeed> I have already done it. I am currently using the 1.10 MR
    barakaspeed> This problem of connectivity is a result of the MR
    Philip> Do you mean Bluetooth connectivity?
    barakaspeed> I mean data connectivity, using my carrier's data connection for internet on my 700p
    barakaspeed> 1X data to be precise
    Philip> I recommend you to perform Hard Reset on the device and do the upgrade.
    barakaspeed> excuse me?
    barakaspeed> Philip, I have already done a Hard reset and have done the upgrade
    barakaspeed> I have performed the upgrade and now experiencing this data "internet" connectivity issue
    Philip> I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Philip> Let me know the carrier on the device.
    barakaspeed> I guess what I am hoping to happen here Philip, is that you can forward this issue so it can ultimately be addressed. This is a common problem with this new MR update for many users.
    barakaspeed> My carrier is Verizon Wireless
    Philip> I am sorry to inform you that Treo 700p Verizon customers are facing the issue.
    Philip> At this time our engineers have been made aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.
    Philip> Our technical team is in the final phase i.e. on the testing phase of the 700p MR release for Verizon.
    Philip> Unfortunately we do not have an estimated time for you as to when this will be resolved. As the issue is of High Priority it will be fixed soon.
    Philip> We appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution as quickly as possible.
    barakaspeed> Awesome..
    Philip> Once again I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
    barakaspeed> I'm glad as I know many people experiencing this. They'll be glad to know an update MR will be out
    barakaspeed> It's ok, I'm just looking forward to the update!
    Philip> Yes, that's true.
    barakaspeed> Well, thanks Philip for forwarding my issue on and explaining this all to me.
    Philip> Please click on the link below to know the updates and software releases:
    barakaspeed> I am satisfied with your help.
    Philip> http://blog.palm.com/
    Philip> You are welcome.
    Philip> Thank you for your understanding in this regard.
    Philip> Is there anything else that I could help you with or any other questions that I might answer for you ?
    barakaspeed> Nope, that was all. Thank you Philip.
    Philip> Our technical team is in the final phase i.e. on the testing phase of the 700p MR release for Verizon.

Dude, I hope you were being sarcastic. This guy is talking about the MR you already have. He don't know his head from a hole in the ground. All palms chat support are real dumbasses.
    Matty
    I may have spoken too soon. I just noticed that in network preferences I did not have "Ask before connecting to the internet" checked. I checked it. This morning (doing On Demand auto-update) I had the unable to connect message. I am in a solid EVDO area. I will watch it.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    So as the old adage goes, for me it comes down to user error and I feel pretty dumb for it too.

For the last few weeks I've been scouring these forums for a solution to the PV disconnects and the super annoying Error 3000 issue. I too was afflicted w/ these issues pretty consistently.

So my situation was after I installed the MR (I had to do it twice since the first time didn't work correctly), I proceeded w/ a clean install of all my apps. Not having installed things for awhile, I couldn't quite remember how all of my apps were configured, Chatter in particular. As of last night, I was convinced it was a problem between Chatter and the MR. It turns out I clicked one box too many in Chatter. There's an option to "Disconnect if All Mailboxes Offline" that I thought at the time meant if the network was unavailable stop trying to connect for all mailboxes. Instead it seems it disconnects the whole Treo's network connection if your mailboxes are offline. Since I was using Offline:QSync for one of my mailboxes, this seemed to automatically force this action constantly on my Treo thereby giving Error 3000 and PV reconnects for Blazer, Agendus, OnDemand, etc.

So by unchecking this setting all of my problems have disappeared and the MR is the best thing that's happened to my Treo. All of my internet related apps are speeding along now and it stays connected pretty consistently.

So for what it's worth, check your Chatter settings. I know Agendus has what I think is a similar setting as well.

Hope this helps someone.
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast