Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    being that not EVERYONE is having a problem they might not be too helpful n giving u a new type of phone, u are lucky if u get a brand new 700p or 755 but i guess time will tell , keep us posted, i am still uncertain on my next moves, i can get a 700p from palm refurbished with 1.08, not sure if i choose to go that route yet, i might try installing the MR again....? then install programs one by one
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    You could always switch to the stylish PINK Katana....

Just kidding
    How did you know pink was my color? Who told you that?
    Matty
    Well, after countless hard resets+restores, my phone is for some reason back stable. WTF! is going on? Are we sure this is not a PRL, or network issue, and not the phone? Sprint and Palm were absolutely no help, all I heard was take the phone to the store, take the phone to the store. H$ll, if I had all day to that, I wouldn't be on the phone with them. ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    It might be related to PRL or Sprint's Network, but I can guarantee you it for sure is related to the firmware. I know this because I don't have the issue because I am on 1.08 and have not since I got the phone replaced by Palm. That is not to say that the network/PRL is not an issue, just that I can guarantee firmware is involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    being that not EVERYONE is having a problem they might not be too helpful n giving u a new type of phone, u are lucky if u get a brand new 700p or 755 but i guess time will tell , keep us posted, i am still uncertain on my next moves, i can get a 700p from palm refurbished with 1.08, not sure if i choose to go that route yet, i might try installing the MR again....? then install programs one by one

I would not go back to 08, that defeats the whole purpose. I would install via SD card, you can install that way more than once, and maybe it will cure your ills. I have no idea, what actually calmed my phone back down, now I need to calm down. I was on the phone either with Palm, or Sprint since 0900 hours. Calming down now.......................
    Matty
    BTW, I fixed the email by deleting the Mulitmail files out of the backup, and doing a hard reset. Then restored from the backup. It gave me the error that my email was corrupted, and to sync with the server to fix. I did that, and I have not gotten any more sync errors. I have also, been able to hold a conversation for more than 20 seconds as well. I'm not sure what fixed that problem though. Still waiting to test PV.........
    Matty
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Under the Network Prefs, make sure you only have two: Sprint Provisioning" and "Power Vision." If you see "copy of..." delete it. Thern, select PowerVsion" and choose connect.

Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I already have that option unchecked and as you surmised it does not solve the issue...it only does not prompt you before reconnecting. My phone just sat here on my desk and disconnected and reconnected four times straight in a row.

I too did the MR update and then restored from a backup file (with Resco Backup). I wonder if something gets restored that is messing up the connection info since not everyone is seeing this issue. I even asked Marc (creator of Chatter) and he has not had this issue reported to him yet. Any more info or luck?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I would not go back to 08, that defeats the whole purpose. I would install via SD card, you can install that way more than once, and maybe it will cure your ills. I have no idea, what actually calmed my phone back down, now I need to calm down. I was on the phone either with Palm, or Sprint since 0900 hours. Calming down now.......................
    I understand. As a note I tried reinstalling 1.10 multiple times with no better results.
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    Under the Network Prefs, make sure you only have two: Sprint Provisioning" and "Power Vision." If you see "copy of..." delete it. Thern, select PowerVsion" and choose connect.

we don't need no stinking copies....already checked that one out. But peridoc, and Italia may want to check theirs....
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I already had checked that out as well...only have the two I am supposed to.
    I finally got someone at Treo support, who I hope knows what he is talking about. We did a RTN wipe on the phone. He said that would cure the constant PV, calls problem. Have any of you tried this? With this one I had to tell it what the phone number, and msid number were. I have another long drive tomorrow. I will let you know.
    Matty
    My refurbed 700p arrived yesterday from Palm. They said the MR would already be applied. It was not (1.08). I had the phone activated and everything restored. It is working fine, no PV drops yet. I usually see my first first thing in the morning (trying to auto-update OnDemand at 6:00 am). I am going to let it cook for several days before trying the MR again.
    I HAVE ACHIEVED TREO PURITY. THE RTN WIPE HAS BROUGHT THIS TO ME. COME JOIN ME MY CHILDREN, IN 700P PARADISE. 72 SILVER SCREENED 700P'S AWAIT YOU HERE. PERIDOC. ITALIAN GSPOT, COME WITH ME TO 700P PARADISE. Call Treo support, RTN wipe your phone, and manualy install your programs back in. I AWAIT YOU!!!!!!!!!!1
    Matty
    OK.....so this is the second time they've done this, and you thought it worked before as well. My problem is different, in that 1. I haven't applied the MR and 2. I just can't log onto web pages during various times during the day. Today, things are much better with no input from me. I am starting to think the entire Sprint PV network has been sucking for several weeks now. Is there anybody who has been having great speedy web connections and not disconnecting?
    No sir, this is the first time they have done this. last time the changes were made on their end, not the phone. Traveled 4 hours this morning, not one PV drop, not one dropped call. Had signal in places I didn't before. Even streaming did not have to buffer once. No sir, not the same thing.
    Matty
    I have had the fastest web access today, I've ever had. I think you had another thread about the web, and time of day. To answer that question, Sprint we would be much slower at certain times of day just like other ISP's are. I do believe that for the past month or two, Sprints has been heavily overloaded. Sprint has a poor record of upgrading capacity, not to mention coverage.
    Matty
    Poor signal will also cause slow browsing and disconnects.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Matty032, I am having the disconnect problem also. What is an "RTN wipe"? How do I get one?
    You can do it yourself if you know your MSID. But, I would call Sprint treo support, and have them talk you through it, safer. I am now 48 hours with not one PV drop, dropped call, or any phone lag whatsoever. The RTN wipe, essentially you are having to reactivate your phone, like you never had it. You are manually reactivating it, not OTA. It is considered a harsher version of hard reset, where the phone is totally wiped clean. Be sure to remove your sd card beforehand, as it will delete some things there as well. It wiped out my backup I did before calling Sprint. But, I wanted to manually reload my stuff, clean.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I HAVE ACHIEVED TREO PURITY. THE RTN WIPE HAS BROUGHT THIS TO ME. COME JOIN ME MY CHILDREN, IN 700P PARADISE. 72 SILVER SCREENED 700P'S AWAIT YOU HERE. PERIDOC. ITALIAN GSPOT, COME WITH ME TO 700P PARADISE. Call Treo support, RTN wipe your phone, and manualy install your programs back in. I AWAIT YOU!!!!!!!!!!1
    matty032,

Well, we called Sprint today and had them walk us through a RTN wipe on the Treo 700p with firmware 1.10 on it and we are still having the same issue of disconnecting and then reconnecting in the 1xRTT area that we were having before. Unfortunately that did not correct our issue at all. The lady is supposed to call back to check and see if we are still having the issue and I guess we will see what she says. Ugh...