Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Well...I got the replacement phone from Palm and everything seems to be working again. The phone has 1.08 on it and I think I will wait until they re-release the new firmware before updating.

I have noticed that (while on the new firmware on the old phone) I experienced the problem in 1xRTT areas a lot more than EVDO areas. I wonder if there is some sort of issue with 1.10 in the 1xRTT areas that I was seeing. Unfortunately there were a lot of variables in what I was seeing, but with 1.08 it was and now is again "fixed".
    CURIOUS

under chattermail preferences/connections

do u have disconnect if all mailboxes offlined checked?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Nope..that option is and has always been unchecked.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I've been getting network disconnects from the beginning and still after the MR. I first thought it might just be due to moving from good to bad coverage. But when I'm stationary in an area with strong coverage and I hear the "signal faded " tone every few minutes I have to wonder whether this truly a jinxed device or does Sprint have bugs in its PV system.
    One thing is the network every where and with every company is at it's worst this time of year. The leaves are out fully everywhere, and the signal is eatin up by the leaves. They are resonate at cell frequencies, and they absord it like a *****.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Well...I got the replacement phone from Palm and everything seems to be working again. The phone has 1.08 on it and I think I will wait until they re-release the new firmware before updating.

I have noticed that (while on the new firmware on the old phone) I experienced the problem in 1xRTT areas a lot more than EVDO areas. I wonder if there is some sort of issue with 1.10 in the 1xRTT areas that I was seeing. Unfortunately there were a lot of variables in what I was seeing, but with 1.08 it was and now is again "fixed".
    Have you updated yet?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I hvae not updated the new phone to 1.10 yet. I have a buddy in my office that was seeing the same thing I was and he re-updated his phone and it seems to be better. I was waiting to see what his phone did over the weekend and early next week before I did anything.

It is very frustrating because I have the phone working well now with Chatter and all my other apps with 1.08 and no disconnect->reconnect problem. With 1.10 the BT is a lot better and that would be nice but it would stink to get the connection issues back. I am torn on what I will do. I will probably do the update again this next week and see what happens. I guess that if I see the issues again I can always get another phone from Palm.

I wish there was a way to go back to 1.08 if I started seeing the issues with 1.10 again.
    They had to totally wipe me out of the system to fix the PV dropouts. I have a new sprint email, and everything. I had to do a hard reset afterwards to get ondemand to work again. It seems to have fixed the problem. But, it was done yesterday, so I need more testing.
    Matty
    To the dude who emailed me wanting a case number. I tried emailing u back, but it said u do not accept emails. I did not receive a case number, due to it being "supposedly" fixed. I am still testing.
    Matty
    Matty, thanks. I changed that email setting. I am going to give Sprint a call. Post how your testing goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    They had to totally wipe me out of the system to fix the PV dropouts. I have a new sprint email, and everything. I had to do a hard reset afterwards to get ondemand to work again. It seems to have fixed the problem. But, it was done yesterday, so I need more testing.

Matty....did this occur after they reset your network settings? It sounded like that fixed everything for you, but did you then begin to have problems again? When I get a chance I'll have them redo my network settings, but everytime I've called *2 the wait is over 15 minutes and I'm too inpatient for that.....
    No, they said that I would not have to hard reset after they trashed me in the system, but On Demand will not recognize your phone afterwards. So, u still have to hard reset. Well, I travelled for an hour and a half, on business, and using "Today's Rock" on Sprint Radio, it dropped out 3 times. But, it gave me a red warning each time, with a server error. Much better than before. I could drive 20 minutes to work and it drop out more, before. When I go back home, I'm going to listen to P Tunes instead, and I will let you know. Before it crashed as much as Kinoma, with Sprint Radio.
    Matty
    Spent the last 2 hrs. talking with Sprint and Palm. Sprint told me the MR was no good and it only applied to VISTA. I said this was bull that the MR had no relevance to OS. She said it did and that I needed to take my phone back to a Sprint store and have it reflashed back to 1.08. I said I was calling Palm and having them contact Sprint and refer back to my case ID. Palm of course said the MR had no relevance to Windows OS. After much talking, they said my problems were related to the original MR I had installed (even though it installed with no problems). They said I needed to get back to 1.08 and install the latest posted MR. They also said there is no way to reflash back to 1.08 and I would need a new phone and I would have to do that through Sprint. I went back to Sprint and they told me I would have to replace my phone through insurance. I told the guy this was BS, why should I have to pay the $50 deductible for a Palm/Sprint screwup. He gave me a $50 credit on my bill. On principle, I don't see why I should have to use insurance. I might try retentions.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I was told I would have to use insurance the first time I called Palm. The second time I called Palm (I called them back) they pushed my case up the Tier of support to have someone call me back. When I talked to that tier of support they offered to replace my phone for me. I would try to call Palm back to get another opinion.
    3 hour trip, 3 PV dropouts. 2 times was due to entering a roaming pocket. That was to be expected. 3rd dropout while looking at a Sprint towersite. Not to be expected. I believe reception is not as good with the MR installed. Or at least in my case. I believe that is the issue behind the others.
    Matty
    I didn't mean to leave my last post on the negative side. One dropout due to no good reason was much better than before. One more thing though, I have always had the problem when after roaming the phone will not switch back to sprint. I still have this problem post MR. Had 2 pockets of roaming and I still had to turn the radio off, and on, to get back on Sprint.
    Matty
    Just got off the phone with Palm. I had to talk with a manager, and they are now sending me a new phone (actually refurbished). They said they have no new 700Ps. It should arrive with 1.10 firmware on it. Will have to see if it fixes the problem or just introduces new ones.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    That is the deal I got with my experience with Palm as well. Except my phone came with 1.08 on it. The phone (even though refurbished) looks and acts as if it is brand new. I am sure that they changed out the case and possibly the screen. I am happy with the new unit but still not sure about going back to 1.10.

You might be on to something about the signal strength not being as good with 1.10 matty. Although with mine I had 0 dropouts before 1.10 on my old phone and went to many after.
    Hi,
    I'm having alot of the same issues posted here. Suddenly, since the MR installation, I get logged out of Vision after a few minutes idle time. Mundu will time out, Versamail, etc. The only way to reconnect easily is to turn off the phone, and turn it back on, at which point it will find the network, from the exact same physical location.

I called Sprint last week. After 30 minutes on hold, I spoke to a woman, who then told me I needed to talk to tech support. They transferred me, and I spoke with her for about 30 minutes, trying to reset the phone. After each try, we would connect to Vision, wait 10 minutes, then try to update a page or get mail. Again, it would time out trying to find the server (almost as if it thinks it is still on the network, when it is not).

They were good, and kept calling me back, trying new things. They reset my network settings, but this doesn't seem to have helped. Still loose the connection, without the data-aware applications realizing it.

One thing I've noticed - when I turn on my phone, and it searches for the towers, if it tries to get mail right away, it will fail connecting to Vision, but if I try again after 30 seconds, it will succeed.

The problem seems to be it takes longer to establish a network connection now, and the applications are unaware of the lag. Or it looses the connection, and while trying to reconnect, the applications time out.

I am sure this is somehow related to the MR install. That, or the cell towers at work, along the commute, and at home all died at the same time, or my phone died the same day as the MR. It could happen, but I would bet against it.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Okay, going to work and back would generate 3-5 PV dropouts. 2 trips, today generated 0. That is the trick. They have to do to your phone and sytem, what they did to mine. Life is beautiful.......
    Matty
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast