Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
    I had the freeze up and powervision drop this morning. All my exchange stuff synced back up after a hard reset and backup restore. however, my contacts will not sync back. I can add a new user in Outlook, it will show up on the phone, but all my past contacts will not show up. I called Sprint, and we changed teh Home Agent numbers, but that did nothing. they are suppose to call back. I hate Palm.
    Matty
    hrlaser,

Same problems as you described above. Palm sent me a refurb with 1.08 on it. They told me to upgrade to 1.10 with their second update. Same problem. They sent me a new refurb with 1.10 ( it was supposed to be 1.08). I tried it same problems. They sent me another refurb with 1.10 (supposed to be 1.08). I sent it back after having done nothing with it. I gave up and live with the disconnects.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi..

thanks guys.. seems like everyone who applied V1.10 to their Sprint 700p is in the same boat i am.. .. i don't understand why Palm yanked the Verizon V1.10 MR off their site, but not the Sprint.. well they did yank it once, did something to it, then put it back up again.. but there's something definitely wrong with it and it needs fixing or patching or a V1.10a or V1.11 or something.. i really don't want to go through this endless dance of swapping one phone after another hoping to get one that doesn't have V1.10 on it, and if an Advanced Technical Support rep can't push the magic button that fixes it, then i don't know what the solution is, except for Palm owning up to the fact that there is something rotten in Denmark and fixing it.. at least rebooting a Treo isn't like rebooting Windoze.. but after you've had to do it 2309820398023981 times it gets friggin' tedious! ..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Like the rest of you, I have had the "lock up while connecting to Power Vision" problem. It was not uncommon when I was at home, when I would pick up my phone after it had been idle for awhile (hours?), it would be unresponsive (sometimes the screen would not even come on; sometimes the screen would come on, but nothing else would work and the keyguard would not show up; sometimes I would be told I needed to provision my phone [again]). I had read problems like these could be related to the radio and being in a fringe area (not many bars of signal), so I decided to attempt to improve the signal just in case this was the problem. Where I charge my phone in my house, I do not have very good reception. The next time the phone was unresponsive, I held the phone as high as possible in the air, thinking this might improve reception. Lo, and behold, it worked. After a few extra seconds, the phone would begin to respond and act normal. Of course, I cannot stand in my house with my arm in the air all the time in order to get my crappy phone to work.

For me, these unresponsive and unable to connect problems seem to be related to poor signal quality and/or EVDO availability. Earlier this week I bit the bullet and did a hard reset and reload. I guess I will find out if it helps.

TO PALM AND ITS NEW INVESTMENT PARTNERS, PLEASE STOP THE MASS EXODUS OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS! PLEASE DEDICATE A TEAM TO CORRECT THE MANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR CURRENT PRODUCTS!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Like the rest of you, I have had the "lock up while connecting to Power Vision" problem. I had read problems like these could be related to the radio and being in a fringe area (not many bars of signal), so I decided to attempt to improve the signal just in case this was the problem. Where I charge my phone in my house, I do not have very good reception. The next time the phone was unresponsive, I held the phone as high as possible in the air, thinking this might improve reception. Lo, and behold, it worked. After a few extra seconds, the phone would begin to respond and act normal. Of course, I cannot stand in my house with my arm in the air all the time in order to get my crappy phone to work.

For me, these unresponsive and unable to connect problems seem to be related to poor signal quality and/or EVDO availability. Earlier this week I bit the bullet and did a hard reset and reload. I guess I will find out if it helps.
    Hi..

this holding it up high in the air to get a better signal or being in a fringe area might explain it, except, as i have explained, i have two Sprint 700ps.. one a year old running V1.08, the other two months old runing V1.10.. sure there are some areas around where one can't get a signal at all, but as i've explained, with the two phones literally a foot apart, say, on my sofa, the year old phone running V1.08 never and i mean NEVER fails to connect to PowerVision. The two month old phone that i regretfully put the V1.10 MR on randomly won't connect. it hasn't experienced some of the other problems you've described with yours, and i've never once seen it display a message that says "error 3000".. it simply fails to handshake with PowerVision randomly.. sometimes i'll go a full day and work perfectly.. other times i have to reboot it a dozen times a day because it goes to connect to PowerVision and the two little hands graphics never appear.. it just sits there..

now given that these are two identical Sprint 700ps, and they both have 99% of the same third-party software installed on them, and i'm not running anything weird or known to be problematic, as far as i know.. except for V1.10 being on the newer one, what else could account for this problem?.. unless it's something on Sprint's end over which i have no control, it's like having identical twins.. one of which randomly breaks out in a rash when he eats peanut butter, and the other can eat a ton of peanut butter with no ill effect at all, ever.. (lame analogy, sure.. but i can't think of anything better)..

if i could go back in time a couple months when i received the newer 700p, and NOT put the V1.10 MR on it, and watched its behavior for a while, then i would have known if it was defective to begin with, out of the box.. but i don't believe it was.. i firmly believe the V1.10 MR is buggy and is causing this random failure to connect to PowerVision.. and Palm and Sprint need to do something about it.. what they need to do, i don't know.. i'm not a networking engineer.. there could be one little byte in that MR somewhere that causes this.. i don't know how else the one with V1.08 NEVER has this problem, NEVER fails to connect to PowerVision, and the one with V1.10 has the problem randomly, even after a Sprint Advanced Technical Support guy twiddled with something related to that phone's network connection yesterday.. since then.. whatever he did caused it to improve its ability to connect maybe 10% to 20%, but it did not completely solve the problem..

i'm not in a fringe reception area.. i usually have full bars or close to it on both phones in the living room, bedroom, and bathroom..

Palm and Sprint need to fix this.. create a new MR that over-writes V1.10, create a patch for V1.10.. they need to do something because this situation is simply not acceptable..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    ^In the three months I used my post-MR 700P, I've had no noticeable connection issues. I suggest (as I have numerous times in this forum) that after a hard reset, you hotsync only PIM data and rename your Palm Desktop backup folder before your first hotsync. Use it for a few days without installing apps. See if the PV connection problems persist. If not, then you can load your apps manually, one at a time with a few days of stability testing each app. You should be good to go. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^In the three months I used my post-MR 700P, I've had no noticeable connection issues. I suggest (as I have numerous times in this forum) that after a hard reset, you hotsync only PIM data and rename your Palm Desktop backup folder before your first hotsync. Use it for a few days without installing apps. See if the PV connection problems persist. If not, then you can load your apps manually, one at a time with a few days of stability testing each app. You should be good to go. Good luck.
    With the Sprint MR, I had the connection problems described by Harv above. I did multiple hard resets without ever installing any applications, yet the problems would eventually return. It's clear that not everyone who installed the MR has experienced these problems, but there's a good number of us who have. FWIW, I did not experience some of the other reported problems associated with the MR (funny screen shading, etc.) and thought that the MR had worked great for a few weeks until the connection problems arose.
    Now that the Verizon 700p, and 700wx, updates have been fixed, what about the Sprint 700p? In this thread and elsewhere, many of us have reported having the same Vision connectivity problems as those suffered by Verizon subscribers. Will Palm be correcting these as well? Right now I'm looking at a number of other phones and networks (AT&T comes to mind) given the unreliability of my data connection post-1.10.
    my phone keeps trying to reprovision. That doesn't bother me as much as the fact that my phone FREEZES when it tries to do the operation! My phone locks and doesn't wake up meaning that I dont know when it gets locked in that state!! All I realize is that I haven't received a call in hours and I go and check my phone and it wakes up in the reprovision screen and it wont do ANYTHING!!! I have to reboot the phone, manually reprovision, and then I will be fine for about a day before the process starts all over again!!! uhg!! does anyone else experience this???
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    I have to reboot the phone, manually reprovision, and then I will be fine for about a day before the process starts all over again!!! uhg!! does anyone else experience this???
    I don't have a fix, but when mine does this I just reset (remove/insert battery) and the provisioning message goes away. It hasn't happened to me much but it's only occurred since applying the MR. I wish Sprint would release an update since the VZW update proves that something was wrong with the earlier code.
    Oh man, I'm am scared to say this. Knock on wood, knock on wood. But maybe I am just dropping powervision in bad signal areas now. Before it didn't matter if I was 5 feet in front of the tower. It would still drop a thousand times. But lately it seems to only drop in real bad reception areas, or when switching to roaming. Man, now that I've said this, the problem will come back ten fold. I have the 755p. Maybe just maybe, Sprint has managed to fix this on their end.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    what finally happened?
    I was one of the people who posted early on this issue back in July I think. I applied the sprint MR next day after it was released then again after it was re-released. Both instances, I ended up suffering from power vision disconnections and the subsequent hangs. I spent 4-5 weeks with both sprint and palm support and 3rd level engineering with no luck. Eventually, palm/sprint suggested that I find a unit with 1.08 on it which i did and after some work. For months now, I had no issue as such but I go to a point where I just could not live with sluggishness of blazer and phone app lags.
    Today, I decided i will try the MR again and take the risk. If it works, am fine. If not, I will have it replaced and divorce the whole palm mess once and for all specially after closing down palmgear.
    To my surprise (at least thus far), the phone has not acted up. I have 1.10 on my unit have had only 1 disconnect happening when the connection icons changed from solid triangles to little up/down arrows. Otherwise, it has been acting nice. The connection is stable, blazer switches acceptably, and overall performance is not too bad.

I will wait for another week, if things continue as good, am keeping it. If, however, if it hiccups on me once, the Treo and its brand are gone for ever.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnewtonne View Post
    I was one of the people who posted early on this issue back in July I think. I applied the sprint MR next day after it was released then again after it was re-released. Both instances, I ended up suffering from power vision disconnections and the subsequent hangs. I spent 4-5 weeks with both sprint and palm support and 3rd level engineering with no luck. Eventually, palm/sprint suggested that I find a unit with 1.08 on it which i did and after some work. For months now, I had no issue as such but I go to a point where I just could not live with sluggishness of blazer and phone app lags.
    Today, I decided i will try the MR again and take the risk. If it works, am fine. If not, I will have it replaced and divorce the whole palm mess once and for all specially after closing down palmgear.
    To my surprise (at least thus far), the phone has not acted up. I have 1.10 on my unit have had only 1 disconnect happening when the connection icons changed from solid triangles to little up/down arrows. Otherwise, it has been acting nice. The connection is stable, blazer switches acceptably, and overall performance is not too bad.

I will wait for another week, if things continue as good, am keeping it. If, however, if it hiccups on me once, the Treo and its brand are gone for ever.

I'm right where you are. please post your results/thoughts after a week
    I was back to constant PV disconnects, and phone lockups. I turned off the "push" in Versamail. I set it for 15 minute pulls. Not had one PV dropout, not one freezeup, not even sure if I've had a reset. In my earlier post, I thought that maybe Sprint had managed to fix the CDMA random number error on their end. They must have. I was having similar issues, because of the direct push, so I thought it was the same problem. I many areas that were always roaming, now, it stays on Sprint. Just like I have a new phone. Shame the direct push, causes so many issues. It must stay in constant connection with the network when turned on. Causing it to bog down, and have problems.
    Matty
    my phone is still screwed up and I need to reprovision it every once in awhile (this morning for one..) my Alarm (Bulter) never went off because the STUPID phone was locked up!!! GRRRRR Is there any fix to this?? or do I just need to give palm the finger and get another phone?? They are screwing me as hard as the IRS is.. you have the phone, the software, the accessories... and the phone is still screwed up!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    my phone is still screwed up and I need to reprovision it every once in awhile (this morning for one..) my Alarm (Bulter) never went off because the STUPID phone was locked up!!! GRRRRR Is there any fix to this?? or do I just need to give palm the finger and get another phone?? They are screwing me as hard as the IRS is.. you have the phone, the software, the accessories... and the phone is still screwed up!
    Turn off the direct push in your versamail. Set it for 5, or 15 minute pulls. I also changed one of my co workers 700p, and it has not locked up yet, either.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Turn off the direct push in your versamail. Set it for 5, or 15 minute pulls. I also changed one of my co workers 700p, and it has not locked up yet, either.
    I'm not sure it's this simple. I know that when I previously applied the MR, I never used versamail but still experienced the drop-outs.
    Mine has not acted up at all since I applied it about a week ago. I probably disconnected few times (vs. by the minute as before). The disconnects occurred in the background so I did not even feel them. Only once or twice I had a lockup.

Overall, the MR update has been truly great ...
    - blazer switches with agility.
    - phone app displays faster.
    - no audio skidding

Treo now works splendidly. I say this making it very clear that this gain came after long long long hours of pain with Palm and sprint support.

my phone is still screwed up and I need to reprovision it every once in awhile
    Why should you suffer like this. Technology is supposed to work absolutely the other way around. Dump this piece of crab and get yourself a device the pleases your eyes, respects your intellect, and elates your spirit.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920