Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I would suggest calling up Sprint Retention and explaining the situation and try get a replacement from them. As I understand from experiences reported elsewhere, chances are fair to good you will succeed.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Before that, I decided to totally delete ChatterEmail (since my issues seem to be centered around it), downloaded the most up to date version from Palm, and have reinstalled and at first (very initial) glance it appears to be working better. I will report back after a while to let you know if that holds up...
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Well...after testing some more the problem still persists. I even reinstalled the MR from the SD card and after the 2nd install I still have the same results. Everything else works with the phone though. I decided to call the 866 number that was placed up when Palm took down the MR and the lady on the other end claimed this was a "known issue" and that someone from Tier 3 support from Palm would give me a call back. Maybe this is not just in my head (err..phone )
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Well...after testing some more the problem still persists. I even reinstalled the MR from the SD card and after the 2nd install I still have the same results. Everything else works with the phone though. I decided to call the 866 number that was placed up when Palm took down the MR and the lady on the other end claimed this was a "known issue" and that someone from Tier 3 support from Palm would give me a call back. Maybe this is not just in my head (err..phone )
    Peridoc, Let me know how this goes for you. I am having the same problem, but not as severe. I get 3-5 disconnects a day. It was masked for me because I had the the box checked to not notify me. Hope they are able to resolve something with you.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Nothing to report yet, but I would suggest that you call Palm to help report this and to also see if you get the same answer I did from them...Let me know what you hear as well.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    It seems that this 'feature" is part of the MR. Mine does the same too. It was probably Sprint trying to reduce network load by only accessing when needed. Which causes it too immediately disconnect after receiving each data request.
    Sounds like you all need to re-provision your phones. I had lots of disconnects with PV just before the MR, and after. Sprint said they are having networks issues. They had me re-provision the phone. I've had to do it myself every few days. Not to mention in this part of the US at least, the leaves are out fully now.
    Matty
    Nothing to report yet, but I would suggest that you call Palm to help report this and to also see if you get the same answer I did from them...Let me know what you hear as well.
    As I would have expected, Palm has never heard of this. They want me to hard reset and run it with no apps installed and no hotsync until the problem occurs again. I told them I wasn't interested in doing that just yet. Peridoc, what is your case number? I told them I would call back and link yours with mine.
    Hard reset as directed by Palm. Same error. Talked with Palm and was told to call Sprint. Sprint is escalating to level 2, who will probably have me reset.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I got a call back from Palm support Tier 3 (I think) and after talking with them I learned that I was the only one who has reported this issue to them in conjunction with the MR (according to the guy I talked to) and most of the issues they were dealing with were from looping resets. Palm did offer to replace my 700p (ship one out to me and then I send my old one back) and I decided to go ahead and take them up on it while they were offering to do so. I still think that the issue is related to the MR, but I will see what happens with the phone from Palm.

Keith
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    mine does this too, chatter always has the menu r message in the corner when i open it.
    I was having PV drops a lot. Call Sprint Treo support, and Blazer, Sprint TV, and P Tunes stream are lightning fast now. Plus, no PV dropouts. The MR had nothing to do with it. They did a refresh in their system, and my 700p is working like I've never seen it before. Perfectamundo! I wouldn't take the chance of trading this baby in for any phone.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Hmm...I talked to sprint at the end of last week and they reset something in their system for me too, but unfortunately it did not help. That is awesome that your's is working! I wish mine did...hopefully it will soon.
    Hmm...I talked to sprint at the end of last week and they reset something in their system for me too, but unfortunately it did not help. That is awesome that your's is working! I wish mine did...hopefully it will soon.
    Tell them you want your network settings reset. Make sure you have your battery out while they do it. Let me know if it helped. One more thing, have you re-provisioned your phone after you called them?
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    This is what they claimed to do in my original call to Sprint and I have reprovisioned my phone multiple times since they did that and had no difference. I might try it again, but as I said there is a 700p from Palm on the way so I probably will be on new hardware soon. Although if I get my problem fixed soon I might just send it back...
    Do you know what "network settings" we're talking about here? How is this different from re-provisioning?
    What they told me they do, is wipe you out of the PV system on their end. And recreate your PV account in their system. As far as what they actually do, would be a question for them. You know now that you brought that up, I think next time I will find out in some more detail what exactly gets wiped out and recreated.
    Matty
    Either way, Blazer is blazin for the first time post MR. Maybe pre MR.
    Matty
    I think my problem is different...and the reason is that most mornings (which I assume means not much network traffic) everything is very very fast. But by the afternoons, EVDO slows to a crawl, sometimes cannot open web pages, picture mail is torture it takes so long. The fact that it's really really fast sometimes and not others suggests to me that it can't be on my end....I think. Seems to me it's the network variability. I sent an email to Sprint saying there were times I couldn't get on, and they sent back an email saying that they were glad my problem was solved because they could see I could connect to the net. Duh. There are network issues that are at play here, and I'm not sure how to get Sprint's attention to evaluate the towers/local network.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I think my problem is different...and the reason is that most mornings (which I assume means not much network traffic) everything is very very fast. But by the afternoons, EVDO slows to a crawl, sometimes cannot open web pages, picture mail is torture it takes so long. The fact that it's really really fast sometimes and not others suggests to me that it can't be on my end....I think. Seems to me it's the network variability. I sent an email to Sprint saying there were times I couldn't get on, and they sent back an email saying that they were glad my problem was solved because they could see I could connect to the net. Duh. There are network issues that are at play here, and I'm not sure how to get Sprint's attention to evaluate the towers/local network.
    Nextel is pretty good about getting an engineer out. but with sprint you can forget it
    Matty
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast