Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    I agree with your point in principle, but lets keep false prices out of the equation...Early adapter or not the 700p has been poorly executed from start to current. It doesn't work as advertised and we've been getting di@#ed around too long! But all the complaining in the world isn't going to help untill someone sues palm and makes it count were it hurts, their pocketbook. I'm glad to see people LEAVING PALM for other products at this point. PALM HAS GIVEN NO REASON TO STAY! Believe me I want palm to do us right, but they've screwed us over soo many times already it wouldn't even be worth the fix for me at this point...
    Sorry. Wasn't trying to mis-lead on the price. And yes, regardless whether you are an early adopter or not, products should work as advertised. I guess I haven't quite reached the breaking point.....................yet. The cost to switch would be greater than the frustration caused by my current Treo issues. However, the gap is closing by the day.

I think someone on this forum was trying to start a class action law suit, but I don't think anyone took the lead on it.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Yes. No prob. I agree with you and you make valid points, I'm just so tire of this crap. Palm users just let them get away with this behavior and I've had it. You would never see this type of behavior on the WinMo/HTC side. At least there are enough hackers out there to fix the bugs if the companies don't. It seems we had one hacker who is now retired and Palm has completely abandoned us...I hear you about price...phone, contract, accessories, software, etc...It is such a shame. I went with palm to avoid this type of thing too, ironic how it turned out...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    I've had to do 2 RTN resets the last few days, on my 755p. Due to constant network dropouts. Sprint has been no help.
    Matty
    Just an update: Since VZW replaced my Treo with a NEW 700p with 1.10 firmware I haven't had any network issues. I had several refurbs sent with similar error 3000 issues.

Coincidence?

Has anyone else been having better luck these last 2 weeks?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I tried to post this a coupe weeks ago, but something went amiss. Anyhow I'm on week four with almost zero problems on my third replacement (all refurbs)

Original phone was messed up by 1.10MR and my trying to resolve other problems. Phone #2 was fine except it developed a touch screen un-calibration issue. Phone #3 (2nd replacement) had major voice and data provisioning issues and BTW I could not use data for several hours on replacement #1 after that and troubleshooting with Verizon and switching back to that phone since I knew it worked. Apparently the Verizon data network was having some sort of problem then? Also the second replacement has a bad speaker phone speaker, low volume and distorted.

Guess third time is the charm. The latest replacement has been great, not a single data connection error ever, all apps seem to work fine and I have noticed several improvements in performance. I have had only one crash/reset and that was at the Denver airport last week and I was messing around with BT and tethering and a bunch of other stuff (was probably over due for a re-boot anyhow ;-)

I only have two remaining issues. After a soft reset I have to re-calibrate my touch screen. Seems like the older phones (the previous two replacements had warranty dates much older than my original phone, this new one has a date several months newer than the original) have the problem where they drift after time, the newer ones seem to have the re-calibrate at soft reset issue. Also I still have occasional hangs and pauses while using the phone app esp. while in voice processing and voice mail. Though these are not quite as severe as pre. 1.10MR. I'm guessing that the BT tether hack might have a hand in this? I'm curious if others, not running the hack, are experiencing pauses and delays as well?

Sorry to post so much content that is not germane to this thread, but seemed easier that way.

Of course 2 seconds after I post this my phone will blow up ;-0
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    So...what is the verdict as of right now for the Sprint users of 1.10? I originally started this thread and got a replacement with 1.06 but I don't want to try to go back to 1.10 for fear of having the network issues again. It does not appear that Palm is working on the Sprint version...just Verizon. Anyone with Sprint care to comment about what they are seeing now with their 700p phones?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    So...what is the verdict as of right now for the Sprint users of 1.10? I originally started this thread and got a replacement with 1.06 but I don't want to try to go back to 1.10 for fear of having the network issues again. It does not appear that Palm is working on the Sprint version...just Verizon. Anyone with Sprint care to comment about what they are seeing now with their 700p phones?

Thanks!
    After buying a new Bluetooth device last week and having pairing issues, I decided to do the 1.10 update. Did the SD Card update very carefully following the instructions. After about a week, I am having no issues at all and my bluetooth device pairs perfectly. No resets, no network disconnects. Hopefully I am not speaking too soon, but so far so good! (note I am using a 700P on Sprint, with power vision and SnapperMail for my email).
    Same problems as before. Been through 4 700ps. Last arrived once again with 1.10. Never even tried it, sent it straight back. This is Sprint.
    Last edited by todivefor; 09/10/2007 at 01:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    A week with my 2nd replacement 700p. When I contacted Verizon they said their 700p in the warehouse were not experiencing the Error 3000 issue (or network disconnects for that matter) so they sent me this unit...

Goes without say that after a week, I have had the Network disconnects and Error 3000's every day with their replacement unit. Yes it came with 1.10 pre-installed. Yes I sent a unit that I myself upgraded to 1.10.

I'll give it a bit of time before I replace this unit again. If the next 700p I get also has issues, then by their 3-strike rule I can get a different brand new phone... not that I'd go that route, since Verizon is waaaay behind in the smartphone arena (no XV6800 yet, or 755p or S60).

This whole 700p fiasco just doesn't seem to improve.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by jocamero View Post
    Just an update: Since VZW replaced my Treo with a NEW 700p with 1.10 firmware I haven't had any network issues. I had several refurbs sent with similar error 3000 issues.

Coincidence?

Has anyone else been having better luck these last 2 weeks?
    Well I still don't know if I got a refurb or a brand new phone, but my replacement has now gone for two full weeks with ZERO data problems.

That said, I still get freezes at least once daily. I thought the whole point of MR 1.10 was to FIX freezes?

Also, on a side note - I am really liking Opera Mini Beta 2 ever since I tweaked the settings as described elsewhere on this forum.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I did the reset
    #*#pri (00000)
    #.#data (00000)

a couple weeks ago and my data has been working fine.

I also only have one "broadband" service listed not two.

It will probably stop but I'll just do the reset again. It's easier and less of a pain then turning the phone on and off or soft resetting all the time to get the network to work.

I have a Verizon 700p MR1.10

Michael

Thanks!
    I am having pretty good luck surfing w/blazer without disconnects these days and versamail is flying faster than ever. However, now I am getting this crazy display of junk characters for re-occruing meetings, have had a few more crashes than normal and get an error saying my username is invalid when logging onto the powervision network occassionally. There is no error, b/c after another attempt or two, it connects right up. It seems once something gets resolved, another issue shows up. This is a replacement Treo from late June and it came with 1.10. Didn't do MR due to that.
    Last edited by ndurantz; 09/10/2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Hmm...sounds like there are still the same old (and some new) issues with 1.10 even three months (my original post was on 6/4/2007) after I first reported this to Palm.

Ugh...I guess we just have to wait for the next generation Treo.
    I had 4 700ps that would not connect. I used 650s for about a month (they would not hotsync but they got data over the air) then, last week I asked Verizon to send me a 700p again. I did this because of the posters on this board saying that they were not having data connection problems. I am happy to report that after 24 hours I have had no data connection problems.

Now the 700p wont hotsync either... but I can get that fixed (I hope)
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
    I had 4 700ps that would not connect. I used 650s for about a month (they would not hotsync but they got data over the air) then, last week I asked Verizon to send me a 700p again. I did this because of the posters on this board saying that they were not having data connection problems. I am happy to report that after 24 hours I have had no data connection problems.

Now the 700p wont hotsync either... but I can get that fixed (I hope)
    The last thing I want to do is carry the torch and burn and pillage every post or Treo 700P out there. But usually when I/WE get a replacement it of course will work for the 1st 24 hours or maybe 48 or 72. The true test of a replacement is to see how it stacks up 1 - 2 weeks after getting it. My latest replacement treo of course had its error 3000s but one thing that I noticed more than anything is that it was rebooting constantly and its because of the bluetooth. It would THINK that my bluetooth headset was still connected even though it was on the charger. It was the exact same thing my original out of the box treo did. I hate the blackberry but I am looking as that as not only a alternative but a STABLE alternative. Since I barely load any apps on my Treo for the fear of 'Reboot Retaliation' I might as well use another device since I'm using my current Treo on a bare minimum of apps that I install.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!

Thanks!
    Hey man, been a long time. I finally got Sprint to swap out my post mr 700p, for a 755p. Still have the issue, though not as bad. but, no the issue on the Sprint side is still there, and Palm only seems to think it is a Verizon issue.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Hey man, been a long time. I finally got Sprint to swap out my post mr 700p, for a 755p. Still have the issue, though not as bad. but, no the issue on the Sprint side is still there, and Palm only seems to think it is a Verizon issue.
    Hey matty - It has been a while and also shows how long you and I have been trying to deal with these issues. Still frustrating that I can't update to a stable MR, but at least with 1.08 the issues are not there with the network. Just so sad to see that we originally had these issues and we got Palm to fix Verizon and not ours.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi..

i have two Treo 700ps.. one is a year old and is running V1.08.. the other i got this past July, and it replaced my worn out 650.. the first thing i did after i got it (from Asurion, formerly lock/line, Sprint's replacement division.. was to apply the V1.10 MR from a freshly formatted card.. i downloaded the MR from Palm's site, of course.. NOT the first one which they took down, but the second one, which they said was fixed, and as far as i know is still there..

i then re-installed my apps and personal data from my BackupBuddyVFS on my 2gb card to the new 700p.. well, since the day i put the V1.10 MR on the phone, it has experienced RANDOM inability to connect to PowerVision.. depending on how long the phone has been sitting idle (i never power it totally off, i just let it go into sleep mode..) .. depending on how long it's been sitting, it may or may not still have a data connection (you can tell by looking at Preferences / Network, or by looking at the triangle icons at the top of the phone dial pad screen..) ..

so when i ran / run an app that requires connection to PowerVision, sometimes it would already be connected and work fine, other times, it would bring up the "you need to connect to the Internet" screen with the yes and no buttons.. and i'd always tap the yes button.. then that full screen window goes away and a half screen window appears at the bottom of the screen that says "connecting to PowerVision" which SHOULD be immediately followed by a little graphic of two flesh-colored hands shaking.. when i see that graphic and that half screen window goes away, i know i'm connected..

RANDOMLY, in no pattern i can figure out, after the yes no buttons, and the connecting to PowerVision half window, the little handshaking graphic would not appear.. it'd literally sit there forever.. the ONLY way to make it sane again and connect to PowerVision would be to poke the reset hole.. that GUARANTEED that after that phone rebootd, the next time i tried to connect to PowerVision it would work.. 100% of the time..

so after two months of this nonsense, i finally said the Hell with this.. why did i EVER put V1.10 on this new phone (i never put it on my year old 700p, which is still running V1.08 and is going to stay that way.. and NEVER EVER has these connection problems..) ..

so yesterday, i dialed star 2 and got to a guy in Sprint Advanced Technical Support and described the problem to him in just about the same way i explained it above.. he said he HAD heard of the problem.. i said so what can you do about it is it the phone or your network or both?.. he really didn't have a clear answer to that but he said he would re-provision the phone again and also do some further steps to.. i dunno what.. he said just make sure the phone is turned on, set it down, don't touch it, this'll take a few minutes.. and then he did whatever he did.. he did not ask me to go into any secret screens in phone preferences or network preferences and change anything.. whatever he did, he did entirely from HIS side..

then he asked me to pull the battery and put it back in, which i did, and i told him that doing that, or poking the reset hole ALWAYS made it connect to PowerVision again.. how long does the phone have to sit idle before it brings up the "do you want to connect to the Internet" screen with the yes no buttons?.. he said sometimes a few minutes, sometimes an hour or two.. he couldn't really pin it down..

so i tried it a few times, and naturally, it worked just fine every time.. connecting to PowerVision, handshake graphic, works..

i let the phone sit idle (with him still on another line).. for a few minutes, tried it again, it worked fine.. but this was not a conclusive test.. i could hardly keep him on the line for a couple of hours, and although he gave me his name and his employee ID number, he said there are 400 reps in Advanced Technical Support in a number of call centers and that there was NO way he could call me back, and there was no way i could call back and ask for him and have any kind of guarantee of getting him again, but he was putting copious notes in "my file" as to what he had done..

so during the course of one day since i did this, the results are inconclusive.. but i still think it's not "fixed".. this morning, i picked up the phone and turned it on to do my morning backup ritual which includes BackupBuddy.net which requires a network connection, and it worked fine.. connect, handshake, blammo.. worked.. i've put it down and let it sit a while up to an hour or two and it works fine.. connect, handshake, works.. and yet, about an hour ago, i tried it to make a data connection and AGAIN it sat there at the "connecting to PowerVision" window and never connected and never displayed the handshake graphic.. so i poked the reset hole, and after the phone rebooted, naturally, it worked fine again..

i honestly don't know what he did, or what any of this means.. other than the V1.10 MR is EVIL.. i could get Asurion to send me another 700p, but there is no way to tell them "don't send me one with V1.10 on it" as far as i know.. they just pull one off a shelf and send it out and whatever ROM version is in it is the luck of the draw.. could be V1.08, could be V1.10..

so that's where i'm at with this thing.. i regret putting the V1.10 MR on my newer 700p (and it WAS brand new out of the box, NOT a refurb..) .. and i absolutely will NOT put it on my year-old 700p..

so i guess i also need to ask those of you with a Sprint 700p who have applied the V1.10 MR.. have ANY of you had absolutely NO problems connecting to PowerVision EVER since you did it?.. or are ALL of you seeing this same problem i described randomly, with no way to reproduce it on demand, but pulling the battery or poking the reset hole always fixes it for a while.. and that while can be any amount of time from an hour to a day or more?..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    so i guess i also need to ask those of you with a Sprint 700p who have applied the V1.10 MR.. have ANY of you had absolutely NO problems connecting to PowerVision EVER since you did it?.. or are ALL of you seeing this same problem i described randomly, with no way to reproduce it on demand, but pulling the battery or poking the reset hole always fixes it for a while.. and that while can be any amount of time from an hour to a day or more?..

Thanks
    Harv

My experience was exactly like yours. Random data loss. I could turn the phone off and then on, which would restore the data connection. Otherwise, a reset or battery pull would also do the trick. My treo broke, so I got it replaced with a 700 p with 1.08 on it. Just have to deal with poor bluetooth connections now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post

Thanks
    Harv
    That pretty much sums up my experience since applying 1.10.