Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
    give it time... lol
    Everyone, here is Palm's update to the problem. They now do know of it, there's no denying it. They may fix it yet.

We have taken down the Verizon Wireless Treo 700p and 700w/wx updaters as a result of increasing customer reports of network connectivity issues following the updates. We are currently investigating the issue and will re-post as soon as they become available.

The reported error displays "Error 3000 - Data network is not available" when attempting to connect to the data network. This error does not affect your device or personal data in any other way. Thank you for your patience.

It is right here.
    Palm taking the 700P back to where it was pre-MR will no longer work for me. The reason I was waiting for the original MR was because of all the problems (soft resets, Bluetooth problems, etc.) Maybe their plan all along has been to shut everyone up about the earlier version by showing us how bad they can make it. They are problem hoping that when they fix the fix, they will have so lowered expectations that users will praise what they previously found unacceptable.

As for me, I've moved to the BB 8830 and am giving Palm 28 more days (time left to return the BB) to come up with something better than where we were pre-MR. Then the divorce is final.
    This is VERY interesting, because they've also taken down the 700w/wx updater as well. My 700wx, shipped from Verizon, has 1.22 installed and I'm experiencing no network issues whatsoever. I thought this was limited to 700p users, but if it also applies to 700w/wx users who updated via the web download, I suspect there MUST be a difference between units that come with the udpate pre-installed and those that are downloading the updater off the web.

Palm really screwed this one up.
    my question is why are they not fixing the Sprint side also!! we have connection problems also... there have been numerous complaints about data connection timeouts/errors... what gives?!?!?!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Yeah, this thread was started by us Sprint users. But some how, Palm only seems concerned about the VZW users.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Couple of observations that I have. They will only fix the network issues as the wording that is now in thier blog just gives me that impression. We will see. I'm also wondering if the delay in VZW's 755P is due to them actually testing the thing and finding the same problem as the 700P with MR has. The Sprint 755P users seem satisfied (not the 700P crowd), but it seems odd they would not want that phone out there ASAP. Maybe thats why Palm is reacting to this in a VZW way...just my thoughts...I ain't no genius...I own a 700P. Silly me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    my question is why are they not fixing the Sprint side also!! we have connection problems also... there have been numerous complaints about data connection timeouts/errors... what gives?!?!?!
    I'm not sure if us VZW users are screaming louder than the Sprint Crowd. Or if Sprint isn't as caring as Verizon. Its a fantastic question. Again this is my one little opinion in the sea of opinions but bring the fight to Palm. I did and either they are waking up, or things are getting too dam co-incadental they are sorta doing what I asked them. Maybe its time for the Sprint crowd to rise up? I found that to be super fascinating that the MR came out for sprint 1st then was pulled 1st.. then history is repeating itself in the VZW Camp.

All I can say is at least Sprint has a 755p, VZW doesn't. And I'm dam curious how many of the VZW will switch over to the 755p.

Its funny.. cant wait for the day when Palm doesnt make Palm devices.
    I got a new Verizon 700p a month ago to replace my dead 680, and it came with 1.10 already installed. It had all the problems I describe below, so I returned it to a different store for a new phone. But the problems are the same on this second one. I didn't know that so many people have problems with 1.10 700p's until today.
    I had that constant question whether I wanted to connect to broadband or not whenever I woke up the phone. But that was easy to "bypass" by turning off the question.
    I don't have any problem at all while connected to broadband. I have used the web several times for hours at a time without any disconnects. I'm always sitting in one spot though. The one problem I do have regarding broadband is that I can't figure out how to disconnect! The light on top doesn't tell you when you connected like it did on the 680. If I select "disconnect" from the options drop-down menu, nothing happens. If I go to a different application, it appears remain connected. I say this because I can go to VersaMail 5 or 10 minutes later and do a "get", and no "connect" is needed. So to disconnect I have to turn off the phone!
    Also, whenever I turn the phone on, it shows a nearly blank white "phone application" screen with only "verizon wireless" and the icons at the top. The rest of the screen is blank. The first phone did this too. If I then go to a different screen and then back again, the phone app displays fine.
    And finally, I DID have a problem that I think Verizon just fixed! I say this because I did a *228 to program the phone earlier today, which appears to have made the following problem go away. Until now, every time I woke up the phone, a corrupt display of the phone application screen would appear. It was mostly black with a few huge distored digits and icons just barely visible. If I just pressed a button for get another screen, and then pressed the phone button, the phone display was fine. And now, I can't get that corrupt display of the phone app at all. I haven't left it for a really long period of time yet, but at least this tiny bug may have been fixed by doing a *228.
    I wonder if the bugs are gradually being fixed when you "program your phone", and I also wonder if the factory installed 1.10 works a bit better then the downloaded version? Who can tell? But I can get along like this until they inevitably fix the remaining issues.
    Has anyone else had these same problems???
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    Hi..

y'know, what's weird is that when i got my new(er) Sprint 700p a couple weeks ago (to replace my worn out 650.. i've already had another 700p for a year).. the first thing i did after migrating my 650's phone number to it was to apply the V1.10 MR from an SD card.. and then started experiencing these random problems connecting to PowerVision, requiring a poke-in-the-hole reboot..

then for the past few days, it worked perfectly.. i thought ahha!.. the problem wasn't in the MR, it was on Sprint's side, and they twiddled something and fixed it, because i didn't have to reboot ONCE and it connected to their data network every single time for a couple'a three days..

then last night it started happening again.. fire up something like SnapperMail, it goes to connect to the POP mail server and just sits there saying "Connecting" forever.. poke in the hole, reboot, run it again, then the PowerVision connecting screen comes up when it didn't before..

so if Sprint fixed something, they broke it again.. if they didn't fix anything, it was a fluke.. or it's haunted.. i don't know what the Hell to make of it but i can tell you this.. i am NOT going to apply the V1.10 MR to my year-old 700p which shares the same "Fair and Flexible" plan with the new one.. uh-uh.. no way.. Palm needs to do some fixin' on this MR and release another one or a patch or pull the pins outta the voodoo doll or whatever it takes.. not just for Verizon 700p folks, but for Sprint folks too.. i absolutely cannot figure out ANY pattern to when it will or won't connect to their data network.. all i know is that it WILL connect first time, every time, right after i reboot the phone.. after that, after some number of minutes or hours.. all bets are off.. it might connect, it might not.. damn frustrating .. AND it has something to do with what port number the data connection is using.. because i can sit there watching SnapperMail absolutely refuse to connect, but run Blazer and it connects fine.. they're using different TCP/IP ports..

Thanks
    Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 08/21/2007 at 05:42 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I stopped auto-synching with Versamail due to a conflict with the Softick Audio Gateway. Now that this has been resolved with the newest SAG update & I'm now auto-synching every 15 minutes, it seems to have solved my issues be keeping me logged in. (Then again, I was only having the occasional lock-up on the web.)
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Just for information, my dad has a Verizon 700P with the MR. He was having a lot of trouble with the 3000 errors. However, in the past five days, he has not had any network connection problems. He is in Greenville, SC. I just wonder if Verizon made any adjustments in their network to fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    My problem is different, post MR I don't have much problem with EVDO (works about the same as before), my problem is dropped calls while in-network; during a call the signal just fades and many times drops the call completely, most of the times I have to hang-up and call again. This is happening more than 50% of the time now in my home area where the signal IS strong and I have no such problems with any of my other Sprint phones.
    I have this exact problem! Previous to the MR, I had one known questionable area during my work commute. Now, I lose my voice connection ("Signal Faded") very frequently anywhere and everywhere. (Actually, if I stay on the call long enough, I believe ALL calls would drop...)

SPRINT, can you hear me n..."Signal Faded"
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Just for information, my dad has a Verizon 700P with the MR. He was having a lot of trouble with the 3000 errors. However, in the past five days, he has not had any network connection problems. He is in Greenville, SC. I just wonder if Verizon made any adjustments in their network to fix this.

I have been wondering the exact same thing. Not to go into too many details, but I have both a pre-MR (1.06 ROM) and a post-MR 700P(1.10 ROM). Both are Verizon. Like most people, I had major data connection problem with the post-MR 700p. After a few weeks, I reactivated my pre-MR 700P and "data connection life" was good again.

This last weekend, my pre-MR 700P started getting error 3000s and errors when trying to browse the web....

I the next day or so, I think I'm going to reactivate my post-MR 700P and see what happens.

TKOS
    I have had a long email dialogue with VZW and the latest is this:

"Please note that you can wait for the fix to be implemented but at the present time, we are unable to state when a solution or patch will be offered to resolve the issue. If you prefer not to wait for a solution to be implemented, you can request to have your Treo 700p replaced under warranty with another 700p. Our Network Engineers and Device Support Team have verified that the replacement devices will have the new 1.10 version of the firmware pre-installed. The replacement devices should NOT experience the above issues due to the way the update is flashed to the device rather than being downloaded."

My impression from Treocentral users is that this would simply be another waste of my time. Are there people who have had a replacement/fresh 700p with 1.10 and have had no further problems? Then again I had hard reset my 700p before doing the update, so it probably was no different than the replacement devices they will send out. I think I will wait for a ROM software fix.
    I did have a new replacement that came with 1.10. I had it for two weeks and did not have any network issues, in either 1x or evdo areas. Unfortunately, that treo went bad and had to get it replace, but got one with 1.06. I'll just keep that for now.
    Just got VZW to send me a NEW (and referb accidentally) via FedEx. They're sitting on my desk and I'll test them both tomorrow. The last refurb they sent consistently doesn't work.

Hopefully one of them will work *fingers crossed*

If one of these won't do it I'd get a new phone if only there were any decent ones on currently on the market.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I have this exact problem! Previous to the MR, I had one known questionable area during my work commute. Now, I lose my voice connection ("Signal Faded") very frequently anywhere and everywhere. (Actually, if I stay on the call long enough, I believe ALL calls would drop...)

SPRINT, can you hear me n..."Signal Faded"
    YES!!!! Me too! I thought it was just me. For about 11 months of ownership prior to the MR, I dropped 1 call. Since MR, I drop them daily!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenyon80 View Post
    My impression from Treocentral users is that this would simply be another waste of my time. Are there people who have had a replacement/fresh 700p with 1.10 and have had no further problems? Then again I had hard reset my 700p before doing the update, so it probably was no different than the replacement devices they will send out. I think I will wait for a ROM software fix.
    I had 3 verizon 700p replacements-- 1 from the insurance company (experion or assurion or something) and 2 from Verizon. All had 1.10. All had the data connection problem. I was told the Verizon phones were flashed. It made no difference.
    Wow this is way cool.

I just had a *VZW* tech call me and we walked me through a series of things which I've done before on previous phones. I sorta had this bad-*** attitude against him because every step he had me walk through I've done before. Now if it was in THIS specific order I cannot recall. But here it is:

#*#PRI (unlock code entered)
    #*#DATA (unlock code entered) Then I restored onto the browser.
    *228 Option 1.

Doing this on a hard clean reset refurb treo to see if i can go 24 hours w/o a error 3000. I guess I'll be using the hell out of this today.

Ive done this before while it could temporarily FIX the problem we all know it will come back.