Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    It has been about two weeks since my RTN fix was applied to my MR-patched Tree 700p/Sprint, and I am happy to say that it is STILL WORKING! The RTN wipe seems to have fixed any MR issues, and it seems to still work. I'm not sure if this is just good luck or what. But I am using bluetooh, using roaming, using the phone in good coverage and bad, and using lots of data (Mundu on most of the time, lots of email, lots of web browsing).

On the flip side, I got an iPod nano, and have come to accept just how much I enabled Palm to sell cr*p. The nano works so much better. I used to listen to music on my Treo, alot, and had the following issues:
    1. I used headphones, but the jack was on the bottom, and the jack eventually broke on 3 phones. I got sick of replacing them, or soldering, etc.
    2. I then switched to the Seido adapter (this was back on the 650), which didn't use the jack, but that adapter doesn't work on the 700p, and they all eventually break (bought 3 so far).
    3. Finally, I began using bluetooth, with Seido SAG, and Motorolla S9's. It sort of worked, but I had to do the following:
    a. make sure pTunes is stopped (if it is on, then it just hangs sometimes when Bluetooth turns on).
    b. make sure bluetooth is off.
    c. turn on the headset
    d. turn on SAG, and when it prompts about bluetooth, let it turn on bluetooth
    e. wait 15 seconds, even when it showed the S9's.
    f. switch output to S9's
    g. turn on pTunes.

And it worked, about 80% of the time. This was a total pain. The MR patch seems to have improved the odds of this working (it used to work about 50% of the time).

But now I just turn on my iPod, and wonder when I will get a device that works... (btw-my iPod locked up twice, so Palm isn't totally behind).

I hearby vow that I will not buy another device from Palm or Sprint until the following is true:
    1. customer service picks up in less than 10 minutes (waiting 40 minutes on hold before talking to someone, only to then be switched to tech. support, etc. is totally unacceptable, especially when that person has no clue).
    2. any jack works fine, and isn't waiting to break due to poor design (on the bottom, with a right-angle bend to maximize torq, really?).
    3. bluetooth, or other features listed on box, work. At least 99% of the time.
    4. Quarterly or at least semi-annual patches/updates.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Talked with Palm level 2. My take is they are very aware of the Verizon problem and are working to resolve it. They view this as a severe problem with the MR and 1xRTT networks. As far as Sprint goes, they have had few if any reported problems. They are treating it as a nuisance, which it is for me (Sprint). It looks like they will fix the Verizon problem and it may or may not fix the Sprint EVDO problems as a side benefit. If you are Sprint and having EVDO problems, I suggest you call Palm and report the problem. He was very aware of this thread. They are going to try and send me a phone with 1.08.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I have the 755, and have the network dropping issue. It was a replacement from Sprint, for a post MR network dropping 700p. But, the most I've had it drop was 2 times in one day. The 700p dropped out at least 20 times a day. Most days more. So the occasional dropout with the 755, is still much better.
    Matty, you are very lucky. I can honestly say the network connection issues are worse on my 755p than on my post-MR 700p.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    Matty, you are very lucky. I can honestly say the network connection issues are worse on my 755p than on my post-MR 700p.
    For those of us on Verizon waiting for the 755p to solve our 700p problems, that is very bad news indeed. However, a quick perusal of the 755p board doesn't seem to reflect the widespread Network difficulties of the 700p, so as much as I feel for your difficulties, I am still hopeful that the 755p will solve ours.
    I did a RTN reset on the 755p. Had one network drop, that's been it. I've been burning up shoutcast, and not had one dropout. Try a RTN reset, and see if that helps. It helped my 755p, where it didn't do anything on the 700p.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I've been burning up shoutcast, and not had one dropout.
    I wonder if Shoutcast might be masking some Network connectivity problems, as streaming keeps the connection alive. Most of the post-MR problems I'm having seem to be related to initiating a Network connection. Once connected, it's much easier to keep it going than to initiate. If I stop using the Network even briefly, the Network seems to disconnect more often than not.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 07/30/2007 at 10:29 PM.
    Don't believe so. All my dropouts occured during streaming. And it will not mask it. I would get the high pitched squeal, the the series of beeps disconnecting, and reconnecting. I don't remeber any net drops during the use of Blazer. Even on the 700p. All mine were during streaming.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Ref: Verizon 700P - Error 3000 and data connect issues:

I hesitate to post this for fear of jinxing myself but... the Version 1.10 replacement phone I received from Verizon yesterday (7/30/07) has been working without connection issues for 24 hours (longest I've had with 1.10).

Did they get the network fixed or did they finally fix 1.10?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAllard View Post

I hesitate to post this for fear of jinxing myself but... the Version 1.10 replacement phone I received from Verizon yesterday (7/30/07) has been working without connection issues for 24 hours (longest I've had with 1.10).

Same thing for me. Although this is the first unit I have had with 1.10. I was just wondering how long before it would disconnect and give me the 3000 error.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Talked with Palm level 2. My take is they are very aware of the Verizon problem and are working to resolve it. They view this as a severe problem with the MR and 1xRTT networks. As far as Sprint goes, they have had few if any reported problems. They are treating it as a nuisance, which it is for me (Sprint). It looks like they will fix the Verizon problem and it may or may not fix the Sprint EVDO problems as a side benefit. If you are Sprint and having EVDO problems, I suggest you call Palm and report the problem. He was very aware of this thread. They are going to try and send me a phone with 1.08.
    If this is true then it is pretty interesting considering I started the thread, probably called them first about the issue and I am with Sprint. I guess I need to call them more to get them to fix the issue with Sprint as well. I don't want to have to stay on 1.08 forever...

You are a very lucky man. I am on my third Verizon 700p with Error 3000 and data connect issues. Verizon and Palm have both told me that the problem is with the firmware update. Verizon says they are trying to find me an old firmware 700p but that they can't find one. Palm says they are "working on it." Meanwhile I am paying $45 a month for unlimited data I can't access.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue View Post
    Meanwhile I am paying $45 a month for unlimited data I can't access.
    Call and ask for service credit! The more people who ask for and receive a refund/credit the better.....
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    So far so good!

Verizon did re-provision (delete all info and services and number and re set up account from scratch) my account while on my old 700P upgraqded to 1.10. This did not work.

I then switched to a replacement 700P 1.10 which I received on 7/30/07 and it has been working fine. I use data a lot (as do all of you) so I now I should have seen a problem by now.

Perhaps the latest 700P's from Verizon and the re-provisioning of the account did the trick?
    For the first time since the release of the sprint update, I only got the sprint SMS message informing me of this update. Not sure what to make of the timing of this sms notification.
    For a moment, I thought they made changes to fix the disconnect issue but when I checked the update web site palm.com/700pupdate it was still posted with original 6/21 date.
    I got the same text, and I don't even have the 700p anymore. Sprint swapped it out for the 755p. I think Sprint, and Palm have lost their minds totally.
    Matty
    Verizon is exchanging my 700p for a 700wx under their "third strike" policy for warranty replacements. I don't know if that means it's a third strike for the device or a third strike for me as a customer? LOL...

Anyway, I'm glad to be rid of this piece of crap. I always thought POS as an acronym for Palm Operating System was funny, but now I see it's also appropriate.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Over 48 hours now and not a peep from the old Error 3000!

Did they finally figure it out?

Verizon 700p with 1.10 (received 7/30/2007 from Verizon) working fine.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I'm still getting them every once in a while with my MR pre-installed replacement unit, although not as often. Email retrieving via Snapper seems better, but web pages still frequently come up with the "Page you requested is not available" error.....

No, they haven't fixed anything. I've been running the 1.10 ROM for several weeks and find the problem to consistently there, but intermittent in terms of when it hits you. Some days the connection is mostly fine, while others I can hardly get my phone to make a connection all day long.

Give it a few days to a week and I'm sure you'll have the same experience as the rest of us.

TKOS
    I just posted the following thread over on the 755P forum:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=149818

Let's see if the 755p users are having the same data connection problem that us 700P MR users are having.