Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Just talked to verizon, a service tech called me at 10:30 PM Tuesday the 24th. Says the problem is Palm's and that they are working on it. I was drunk enough not to complain. This sucks. Palm sucks. Link to more details:

http://tinyurl.com/35p5tn
    What is really weird is I was not having any problems with data until last night. I turned on Blazer and kept getting connect errors. I did a soft reset and when the BroadBand access tried to log in, I got the Error: 3000.

This morning though, everything is fine.

b.b.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Error 3000: Data Service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later 0v713E

I'm sorry, but I just find the wording of this message hilarious. It isn't telling us that the service is having issues, it is saying that it is unavailable in our area, try again latter. As if there is some huge group of Verizon tower ninja's setting up a tower in my freeken area as I read the message. Just try again latter.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Same problems here in Los Angeles. I've heard rumors of a "fix" within a month or so, but I'm not holding my breath. What a disaster for Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottTreo700p View Post
    Same problems here in Los Angeles. I've heard rumors of a "fix" within a month or so, but I'm not holding my breath. What a disaster for Palm.
    What a disaster for us that need a reliable connection!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cornfuser View Post
    What a disaster for us that need a reliable connection!!!!
    I've forgotten what a reliable connection is. I used to "tolerate" my 700p. Now I hate it!!
    is there the same issue with the treo 755 ? and it seems the issue follows with both verizon and sprint
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Data Tech support today told me that the Firmware update 1.10 on Palms website is (was) corrupt. He told me to perform a hard reset, and the phone will be back at the original firmware version, and to wait until Palm releases the next Firmware update.

I asked if he was certain that the hard reset will revert to the previous firmware version and he assured me it would - any thoughts before I try it?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAllard View Post
    Data Tech support today told me that the Firmware update 1.10 on Palms website is (was) corrupt. He told me to perform a hard reset, and the phone will be back at the original firmware version, and to wait until Palm releases the next Firmware update.

I asked if he was certain that the hard reset will revert to the previous firmware version and he assured me it would - any thoughts before I try it?
    <sigh> Don't bother....it will not work. Nothing will allow you to revert to 1.06. The level of knowledge of some CS people never ceases to amaze me.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAllard View Post

LOL what an *****. They tried to tell me the same thing at first, and then I busted his chops saying, "Um, dude? A hard reset will erase everything in RAM... get it? Random Access Memory?! Firmware is just that. FIRM. As in located in ROM. As in READ ONLY Memory. A hard reset does not clear out the ROM chip. That would be kind of stupid for a computer chip to be erased every time you had to reset your phone, don't you think?"

His answer?

"Oh. Yeah. I guess you're right. That won't do anything will it?"

LMAO, u just have to laugh

it snot specific to the treo 700p though is it?
    i thought people were having same trble with 755
    for whatever it's worth, here is my progress on this issue ...

- called sprint beginning of this month, did all resets, no luck
    - 3 days later, talked to sprint 2nd or 3rd support, had me reprovision, no luck
    - called palm support, did all resets again, no luck
    - agreed to replace it with a refurb within 3 days
    - 3 weeks later no replacement.
    - called Palm HQ and I had to regurgitate my story all over again. There were nice and escalated my issue.
    - My 're-manufactured' phone arrives in 3 days with T700p 1.10 release.
    - Called sprint and had them repro, no luck
    - called palm and the guy was pretty sympathetic. I even had him browse this thread on the phone. Any way, no resolution. Asked me again to call sprint to repro.
    - Called sprint and I'm currently waiting to talk to their advanced support.
    - I have a meeting tomorrow with their support. Will post findings

I will see what comes out of this mess. I regret the day I could not control my urge to apply this lousy ML update. It was such a mistake.

Will keep all updated ...
    Hi all,
    For those who are experiencing 'normal' data connection behavior, can someone please explain to me how is that so? What is considered normal ...

- If you go to pref-->connection-->connect. How long would this connection last?
    - If you connection from within blazer and switch to another app, does you data connection last? Do you have to reconnect when you get back to blazer?
    - If it does disconnect, does your unit just hang?

Thank you
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    if palm/provider's are aware of this, why the hell is the update still up! They want to ruin more phones?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    ok. After spending 4 hours on palm support and 2 on sprint desupport, I was eventually told that if I'm lucky I may find a sprint store that has a 700p with the old 1.08 firmware on it.
    So I drove around and got into 4 stores and the 4th one just happened to have a 700p with 1.08. I grabbed it and ran away and NEVER came back.
    So now, I have a 1.08 and my treo is fine. No disconnects, no hangups, and no 'page cannot be displayed'. I'm happy with it.

What can I say? Between sprint's hell and palm's insults, I think I'm now guaranteed a straight ticket to heaven.

If your treo is working DO NOT APPLY THE MAITENANCE UPDATE unless you want join me in heaven traveling the palm and sprint way. See you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I have performed the MR on the 700p and I have the problem that my network connection keeps disconnecting when using certain network applications such as Chatter (when in the background) and Google Maps. This makes Chatter virtually unusable in the background. Has anyone else seen this behavior or found a way not to auto-disconnect and reconnect?

Thanks!
    I've had the same problem. Was on the phone with Verizon this morning and they are saying that they've not heard anything about this issue.
    another update ...

Palm gave me yesterday an appointment to meet their 3rd level support. I just got of the call with them and for the first time I feel I'm talking to someone who understands how the treo works. By the time I got to talk to him, I had already resolved my issue by swapping to a phone with 1.08. But this is what the nice guy told me ...

- He had received many many reports on the very same issue.
    - The issue described by all these calls is the same i.e. connecting for a few secs then loosing the connection.
    - Advanced sprint support as well as this support person came up with same explanation. They all described it as a provisioning problem where the network client on the treo fails to authenticate properly to the sprint network causing the connection to be declined or rejected. The initial connection will go through but won't be allowed to continue.
    - He said that most if not all callers reporting the issue mentioned that their accounts were recently modified by sprint in that they all got moved to a new billing system. I was told by sprint I was indeeded moved to a new billing system which caused my account records to get obsoleted. Sprint support as he described what he did took my name, internet plan and provisioner off and reset my IPsec (if I heard him correctly). This caused my account to get fully restored which caused my Treo to reprovision 3 times on its own. Unfortunately, even though sounded good, it did not fix the issue.

One thing I did not do and sprint wouldn't just do soon enough, is to have them fully drop my account and create me a brand now one. I suggest that if you are affected by this issue to press sprint to do this for you.

Since the phone I had with 1.10 was not activated by sprint any more, the palm person was not able to do any further troubleshooting. I offered him to reactivate it if he needs to. He will report the issue back to the 700p project lead and decide what to do. He may call me back to do this troubleshooting next week. I hope he does.

And one last thing ...
    I had inquired about what is 'normal for a data connection on this unit and I think I now know ...
    - the palm support person said that once I get a connection, I should stay connected as long as my unit is being used. Unless you configure the app like blazer or chatter to explicitly disconnect, I should not loose my connection. Now that I have a 1.08 unit, I can confirm that. I've used for 4 hours now and it never dropped the connection. It got switched off may be 4 times but the connection was on throughout. When the signal is strong, I get an EVDO green/blue triangles. When it fades, they changes to the arrows.

If you are affected by this issue, you many find these phone numbers useful ...

- 877.809.6696 --> advanced sprint treo support.
    - 4075314496 --> Palm HQ and 3rd level support by appointment.
    - 1-188754133 --> is my support case with Palm. Feel free to refer to it if you have this issue.
    Peridoc, and ItalianG, had another network drop today. This time I did a full RTN reset, and called CS to reactivate the phone. Had another network drop, a few hours later. Whatever is wrong with the 700p post MR, is also somewhat present in the rom for the 755p. Although, the 700p did it dozens of time a day. The 755p, so far has done it twice in one day. If this gets any worse, then I may just have to lose the money in software, and switch to a winmobile device.
    Matty
    Although I am a Verizon user and on the list to be called by Palm to troubleshoot this issue, I just ordered a Blackberry 8830 from Sprint to one, try out another type of device, and two, to see how Sprint EV-DO Rev A works in my home area since Verizon still does not have EV-DO here. I want to try it as a modem too.

This really hurts since I've been a Palm user since a Pilot Deluxe.
    If you are on Sprint try this:

type ##EVDO. Check the box that says force 1xRTT and click OK.

This helped me with the disconnects and freezes.