Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 399
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Sprint replaced it for me. Brand new blue. 755.
    is the speaker better then the treo 700p?
  2. #182  
    Here's what I did that seemed to fix the Network connection problem:

    1. Enter #*#3282# (#*#DATA#) on the phone screen
    2. Click the 'Modify' button
    3. Enter '000000' in the "Please enter Master Subsidy Lock:" box
    4. After a few seconds, phone beeps twice.
    5. Go into network prefs
    6. Click the drop down "Service" option
    7. There should now be 2 things in there instead of just 1 - both named "BroadbandAccess"
    8. You can tap "Modify", then tap "yes" and it will create a duplicate service named "BroadbandAccess Copy" but this comes up with an error 0x7301 when you try to connect (I don't think this is necessary, just noticed it)
    9. The first "Broadband Access looks just like it did before
    10. If you select the second "BroadbandAccess", two new fields appear: "User Name" & "Password"
    11. If you try to connect to the second one, it will give you the Error: 3000 every time.
    12. Reselect the first "Broadband Access" in the service list.

    I've disconnected & reconnected about 15 times, and haven't gotten an Error: 3000 while on the first "BroadbandAccess". Also, After leaving the connection idle for about 30 minutes, Google Maps still connects fine without disconnected & reconnecting the network.

    I'll post extended results later.
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    is the speaker better then the treo 700p?

    Not much improvement there.........
    Matty
  4. delao13's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Not much improvement there.........
    The speaker appears to be physically bigger, but to my untrained ear it sounds slightly worse (more distortion).
  5. delao13's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #185  
    I owned the 700p (Sprint) until a week ago. I experienced the same data failure immediately after apply the 1.10 MR. Fortunately, a lawyer in my office received a 755p in exchange for a broken Treo 600, and I confiscated the 755p and gave him my 700p. Thus, I am in a good position to compare the 700p with MR to the 755p. The bad news: the data disconnection/interruption/unprovisioning remains. Today, my data connection is virtually unusable. Chatteremail is constantly trying to reconnect. Blazer can't connect. There are flashes of connections, but they are brief, and far between.
    My guess is there is either a problem with Sprints data network or the 1.10 MR and the 755p are nearly identical and are causing a data interruption. I wonder if the PRL could have something to do with it? I have not yet contacted Sprint Tech Support (I prefer to rely on this Board).
    I hope this information helps someone else diagnose the problem and the solution.
  6. #186  
    I am not having the disconnects(yet). But Blazer, and other data network software, have froze twice now, since Monday. I had Sprint do a depro, and repro, plus I set data to the default setting. Should know if this is cured in a day or so.....
    Last edited by matty032; 07/19/2007 at 10:42 AM.
    Matty
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    Here's what I did that seemed to fix the Network connection problem: [....]


    I'll post extended results later.
    TJSundevil-- I am on my third verizon treo in a week (dropped the first one & got #2 from experion insurance). The second one (which had the MR installed) could not make a network connection after the first day. The new one (from Verizon not insurer, also has the MR installed) drops off the network constantly, then either does nothing or gets a 3000 error 2 out of 3 times I try to connect. I tried your trick-- at first I thought it was perfect. However, it only worked for about 3 connections in a row-- versamail and quicknews, it never connects directly in Blazer. Anyway, I guess it is about the same as it was before I tried your method--connections eventually work buy are sporadic at best. Please let us know if you come up with any other ideas and I hope yours is consistently fixed. What a pain in the neck.
  8. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
       #188  
    Everyone experiencing issues with the data network and MR (for 700p or 755p) should call Palm and explain the issue to them at the very least at (877) 426-3777 if you have not already done so. We need them to recognize the problem and get working on a 1.11 MR for us to fix it.
  9. #189  
    Still Error: 3000 free after 24 hours.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    Here's what I did that seemed to fix the Network connection problem:

    *********

    I'll post extended results later.
    I just tried this and will have to wait to see if it works. Do you know why this would work?
  11. #191  
    I have gotten my first error 3000 today, on the 755, while streaming P Tunes. I never had that on the 700, just constant pv drops. 2 net freezes since I got it Monday. Not looking good for the 755 either....
    Matty
  12. #192  
    Going to school on TJSunDevil's fix I tried the following:

    1. Prefs
    2. Network
    3. New - which creates an untitled "High Speed Wireless"
    4. Tried connecting getting an Error 67
    5. Back to Prefs
    6. Network
    7. Selected Broadband Connect

    Now seems to connect as well as before 1.10 on about a dozen tries.

    Also, my Seido cradle with GPS was not being recognized by TomTom, now it is. I don't know if this is a coincidence but I'll take it for now until they come out with a fix which seems inevitable after reporting my problems with data connection to VZW Network tech support. They were going to contact Palm and Smith Micro with documentation from my results with Error 3000 and multiple non-connects.

    Cheers!

    George
  13. #193  
    i have been having the same problem the past few days, i finally got tired yesterday of the BS with this phone which has been pretty stable, but this network thing now its just annoying, and ordered a brand new 755 with the Sero plan for $199 they have it online for sale now, i dont mind changing my current number so it was a no brainer
  14. #194  
    Sorry to say that a few hours after I applied TJSunDevil's fix, I started to get the network connectivity problems again. It looked really good at first, with the phone staying connected and all the apps that required a data connection working. Then I timed out going to a Web page. It finally connected after a few tries and all looked good for maybe an hour or two more, until the connectivity problem was back in full force. Now it loses data connectivity regularly.

    I've looked at several of the other message boards and it looks like there is a basic problem in how the 700(P/W/WX) interacts with both the VZW and Sprint networks and if you have the problem (apparently not everyone does) nothing you do will permanently fix it. (Please tell me I'm wrong.) It's going to be up to Palm and VZW, which means it will not be fixed. I've spent too much time on this and I'm done trying to figure it out. I pay a lot for phone service and unlimited data from VZW and it is just not reliable. Unfortunately, it's hard to figure out what's the next best alternative in terms of service and device for my needs. I'm sure that's what VZW counts on. But maybe it's time for a BB. I'm so tired of this.
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble View Post
    Sorry to say that a few hours after I applied TJSunDevil's fix, I started to get the network connectivity problems again. It looked really good at first, with the phone staying connected and all the apps that required a data connection working. Then I timed out going to a Web page. It finally connected after a few tries and all looked good for maybe an hour or two more, until the connectivity problem was back in full force. Now it loses data connectivity regularly.

    I've looked at several of the other message boards and it looks like there is a basic problem in how the 700(P/W/WX) interacts with both the VZW and Sprint networks and if you have the problem (apparently not everyone does) nothing you do will permanently fix it. (Please tell me I'm wrong.) It's going to be up to Palm and VZW, which means it will not be fixed. I've spent too much time on this and I'm done trying to figure it out. I pay a lot for phone service and unlimited data from VZW and it is just not reliable. Unfortunately, it's hard to figure out what's the next best alternative in terms of service and device for my needs. I'm sure that's what VZW counts on. But maybe it's time for a BB. I'm so tired of this.


    You are correct the only fix for this will have to come from Palm, or the carriers. Both, at least now, admit the problems is a real issue. I'm sure there will be a patch from Palm in the future. But, like you, will it be near future, or a year from now. The 755 seems to have this problem as well, but it doesn't happen no where near as often, unlike the 700 post MR. I believe that Palm seems to be in a self destruct mode, maybe they are wanting to sink so low, that they are bought out. I just do not understand how a company plans to stay in business, with so much defective product being pushed onto the market. Maybe they just want to Palm OS to look so bad, that the new Linux version will look even better? Dunno.
    Matty
  16. #196  
    I got an Error: 3000 this morning. It seems like whatever we try to do to fix this it only fixes temporarily.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    I got an Error: 3000 this morning. It seems like whatever we try to do to fix this it only fixes temporarily.
    Definitely, your fix, and mine off yours, are only temporary. VZW is definitely putting the responsibility for this on Palm and Smith Micro. Lord knows how long it will take them to figure it out, if ever.

    It is completely unacceptable for this situation to be such as it is. For many of us the 700p is our only business phone and our data connection is main source of contact with clients and associates.

    GD
  18. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #198  
    As a long-time fan of Palm, the Treo line, and even Verizon, and as someone who had NO problems with my 700p prior to update (except for the minor carkit Caller ID bug), I plan to speak with my wallet. And no, I don't mean boycott future Palm products....I'm not THAT mad, I don't NEED it for business, and it's just a phone. But I am calling Verizon today and asking for a refund for data service since the update was applied on 7/6. That's $44/month credit I will be asking for, for as long as the spotty data connection problem exists. I encourage everyone else who is affected by the data connection problem to also ask for a refund of your data service fees, whether you are with Sprint or Verizon. It is not fair that we are all paying for "unlimited data" when we can't access the data most of time, and hopefully this will encourage a quick fix, if one exists.
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    As a long-time fan of Palm, the Treo line, and even Verizon, and as someone who had NO problems with my 700p prior to update (except for the minor carkit Caller ID bug), I plan to speak with my wallet. And no, I don't mean boycott future Palm products....I'm not THAT mad, I don't NEED it for business, and it's just a phone. But I am calling Verizon today and asking for a refund for data service since the update was applied on 7/6. That's $44/month credit I will be asking for, for as long as the spotty data connection problem exists. I encourage everyone else who is affected by the data connection problem to also ask for a refund of your data service fees, whether you are with Sprint or Verizon. It is not fair that we are all paying for "unlimited data" when we can't access the data most of time, and hopefully this will encourage a quick fix, if one exists.
    Now that is a good idea. But, since Sprint swapped out the 700, for the 755, And, it doesn't so far seem to have the issues, so I don't think I will get anywhere in my case. But that is a great idea....for everyone else......
    Matty
  20. #200  
    I have been with sprint and Palm for over 2 weeks with no luck and no resolution. Eventually, they agreed to have it replaced with a refurb 700p which has not yet shipped since 7/7. It is as if you did not like our injury, here are some more flavoring insults.

    I remember few years ago we added the word 'postal' to the dictionary to mean describe someone who went criminally mad. I would suggest that we redefine the word 'palm' in the dictionary to be synonymous for 'bad', 'of lesser and inferior quality', 'poorly thought and managed', 'deceptively looking'. Some day our grand children in the future will be able to describe a broken car or toy as 'palm'.

    I do not know, just a thought.
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions