Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Ok I this is a two part question. I have gmail setup on VersaMail works great.

1) I can send and receive emails, but the two problems I am having is that when I try to tell it to delete the e-mail, it will delete of my treo but not off the gmail whenever I log into their website. Anyone know how to do this?

2) Second I whenever I send a e-mail to anyone I always get a e-mail that I just sent. So it goes to me and the person I sent it to. Any way around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by drozek View Post

1) I can send and receive emails, but the two problems I am having is that when I try to tell it to delete the e-mail, it will delete of my treo but not off the gmail whenever I log into their website. Anyone know how to do this?

2) Second I whenever I send a e-mail to anyone I always get a e-mail that I just sent. So it goes to me and the person I sent it to. Any way around this?
    I think both of these are preference settings with the gmail account in Versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by drozek View Post

1. go to your email acct (on your phone) -menu - options - preferences - server -check the 2nd box.

2. I hate this. The answer is setting up filter also under preferences but I cannot get it to work right. Can someone try to get it to work or help me confirm it is a bug
    Last edited by ucntcme; 06/05/2007 at 12:53 AM.
    you know i have Gmail running on my versa mail and i dont have any of that problem.. i know that when you write an email on the Gmail site itself it will send a copy to your pop client as well because that happens when i check on my outlook. but i just went through the regular install process on the versa mail and it doesnt do that on it.. although what i did end up doing is forwarding all of my gmail to a second gmail account so that when i check my mail on outlook my palm doesnt get affected.. i also set my outgoing to my primary email as well so people can still reply and send to my primary email.. but i dont know if any of that makes a difference or not..
    Has anybody effectivly set up a filter so that sent messages from Gmail don't go to your phone?

Or does anybodies sent messages from Gmail not go to their phone?
    just did it now.. works fine.. no copies of sent mail in the inbox..
    I know this is asking alot but can you list the step you took to do this. I gotta be missing something. I've tried this 100 times so you can be basic w/your directions
    account setup

Ac. Name.: Gmail
    Mail Service: Gmail
    Prot. POP

Username and Password

email address: complete address..
    pop.gmail.com
    smtp.gmail.com

port#995 for Incoming
    SSL checked
    APOP not checked

port#587 for outgoing
    SSL CHecked
    ESMTP checked

thats it on the treo side..

and other than the forwarding on my gmail.. everything is standard on the site as well.. hope it helps..
    Mine is identical, but I still get all my sent Gmail.

Is there anyone else that can comment on this. As I said i know I can set up a filter and have tried several times, but they still come through. Has anybody set up a filter that works?

It was the same thing on my 700P
    man thats just really weird..
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    your the man. I cant tell you how long this pissed me off.