Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there has been some discussion about this, but I seem to have a problem that doesn't seem to be the usual infinite loop problem.

Steps I took:

1) ran update on phone
    2) hit cancel when I got the Uninstall window during the update
    3) got the infinite loop problem twice during installation, so I ended up doing a hard reset of my treo.
    4) after hard reset I get the window that lets me configure the treo by clicking the bullseyes with the stylus
    5) After configuring the treo reboots and asks again to configure.
    6) repeat 5 over and over and over....

Anyone else having the problem? I went to the sprint store, but they sent me to a repair center, which I have yet to go to. -sigh-
    Mine is hosed too. Upgrade completed successfully but I keep getting the digitizer. How do you break out of the loop?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Hosed as well. Digitizer will not go away. Tried soft reset, pulled the battery out like 10 times, hard reset with NO to erase all data, and YES to erase all data.

Nothing nothing nothing.

Looks like I too will be getting a new Treo tomorrow.
    Same here. Maybe this is their way of burning through the last remaining phones in stock since the 700p was discontinued a while ago.
    Solution:

I was finally able to get out of the loop. I removed the battery and used USB power only. After a soft reset, I completed the digitizer setup and was able to get to the OS. I re-ran the update with the SD card method. All OK now.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 06/04/2007 at 07:19 PM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I'll try that Xeno and see what happens

Well, so far so good, and it worked and even says 1.10 so I dont know if I need to update it again or not, and have no idea how I am supposed to tell since it says 1.10

Thanks SO MUCH for that tip. Leave it to one of us to figure it out, and not Palm to share that. Now why on earth that made a difference is beyond me.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Xeno: Many thanks. Mine was also in this exact same loop and the usb power thing did the trick. Going to reload the update now...
    And do we think Palm knows this? No. If it wasn't for this info I would have seriously taken it in tomorrow. Guess relying on Palm is like relying on a little kid to tell you the truth if he stole a cookie

I was about ready to scream my head off before I got it to work. Guess I may try the update one more time even though it says its installed.

It is a hard reset, so it isn't like i'll lose anything now.
    I received my new treo 700p after a trip to the sprint store. The repair center just gave me a new one saying (adlib) they do not install the MR. So here I am with a new treo wondering if I should try again. I think I'm going to halfto as the new treo crashes in blazer on the TC forums (I'm at the pc here)...I mean what the hell, I'll just take another brick back tomorrow. Maybe then they give me a 755...

I think I'll try the SD card method...I already lost all my data. Lesson to backup to you all...(I didn't loose much, but still it's a pain...). I followed the instructions to a T last time...let's see if I can get it right this time...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I know there has been some discussion about this, but I seem to have a problem that doesn't seem to be the usual infinite loop problem.

Steps I took:

1) ran update on phone
    2) hit cancel when I got the Uninstall window during the update
    3) got the infinite loop problem twice during installation, so I ended up doing a hard reset of my treo.
    4) after hard reset I get the window that lets me configure the treo by clicking the bullseyes with the stylus
    5) After configuring the treo reboots and asks again to configure.
    6) repeat 5 over and over and over....

Anyone else having the problem? I went to the sprint store, but they sent me to a repair center, which I have yet to go to. -sigh-
    Mine did the same thing. I took it into a Sprint store and the Tech said it was "Hosed". They gave me a new phone. I'm a little scared to try the update again. I asked the tech if he would do it. He said NO.
    You know Palm will be ticked when they find out how many Treos after today are going to be replaced.

I bet they had no idea that was coming. I mean look, 2 phones we know of already. And this is only the beginning. Palm may be in for a surprise.

The techs are just as scared as everyone else. I mean in all honesty, they are people just like us, and some dont even know as much.

I've spent WAY more time on this update than I had planned. And the thing is, will it REALLY be worth it? Wont know until I get it to work.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    You know Palm will be ticked when they find out how many Treos after today are going to be replaced.

I bet they had no idea that was coming. I mean look, 2 phones we know of already. And this is only the beginning. Palm may be in for a surprise.

The techs are just as scared as everyone else. I mean in all honesty, they are people just like us, and some dont even know as much.

I've spent WAY more time on this update than I had planned. And the thing is, will it REALLY be worth it? Wont know until I get it to work.
    What store did you go to? I'm out to head over to a store here in San Diego. Btw, did you guys that had it replaced have insurance on it?
    Lexington, Ky. Yes, I have insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    What store did you go to? I'm out to head over to a store here in San Diego. Btw, did you guys that had it replaced have insurance on it?
    the same here, mines is gone,
    I have bricked two today. I am going to wait until tomorrow morning before bricking the third one. I wonder how many it will take to get me a 755p.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Make that three phones hosed that we know of... updated successfully and my phone could not find service... displayed "Network Search" with some kind of red mark on it. Took it to the Sprint Store and the guy swapped it out in five minutes... I was really suprised since I thought I was going to have to battle for a new phone. BCA
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    I have bricked two today. I am going to wait until tomorrow morning before bricking the third one. I wonder how many it will take to get me a 755p.
    Let me know! I wouldn't mind having the lastest.
    Mine is hosed and I will be taking it in tommorrow.
    I posted a thread at Palm.com message board.
    I was on hold with tech support with the same problem everyone else was having and when I saw Xenophonite's solution I hung up to try it first (I trust Treocentral Users over some ***** reading out of a trouble shooting book any-day) and it worked!

Thanks!

Mobile_Bob

Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Solution:

I was finally able to get out of the loop. I removed the battery and used USB power only. After a soft reset, I completed the digitizer setup and was able to get to the OS. I re-ran the update with the SD card method. All OK now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile_bob View Post
    I was on hold with tech support with the same problem everyone else was having and when I saw Xenophonite's solution I hung up to try it first (I trust Treocentral Users over some ***** reading out of a trouble shooting book any-day) and it worked!

Thanks!

Mobile_Bob
    Would this work on a phone that is hosed already?
    mine was swapped today too after first one got hosed. rerunning update now on new one since it got stuck in digitizer loop after reset.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast