Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Solution:

I was finally able to get out of the loop. I removed the battery and used USB power only. After a soft reset, I completed the digitizer setup and was able to get to the OS. I re-ran the update with the SD card method. All OK now.
    Would you suggest removing the battery before starting the MR?? Has anyone tried this with success?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisermo View Post
    Would this work on a phone that is hosed already?

Yes... Mine was Hosed (it was in a reset loop) and this got me out of it... The reason it works is because when you have the battery out it doesn't let the radio turn on (Which is what causes the reboot) then you can reload the update, which fixed things for me...

Mobile Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyanderson View Post
    Would you suggest removing the battery before starting the MR?? Has anyone tried this with success?
    No, removing the battery just stops the radio from starting (Stopping the reset loop)... The phone wants to shutdown (starts a timer) after it boots because the battery is removed so you have to put it back in... You only need the battery out long enough so that the radio doesn't auto start...

Mobile Bob
    my sprint phone got stuck with no phone service after the update so I had sprint replace it. I did have insurance... will wait for a while now to see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCA2812 View Post
    Make that three phones hosed that we know of... updated successfully and my phone could not find service... displayed "Network Search" with some kind of red mark on it. Took it to the Sprint Store and the guy swapped it out in five minutes... I was really suprised since I thought I was going to have to battle for a new phone. BCA
    I had this issue once before the update was released, and resetting the PRI (one of the ## codes) worked fine to fix it. Just as an FYI in case you see it again.
    Well, I did the update and got the looping reset the first time. Did a hard reset and did the update again and now can't use mail. SUCKS!
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I did get the MR to tske on my replacement phone. I did the update with the SD card. That seemed to work great.
    I had the same loop going on but the funny thing is I was able to do a warm reset which got me out of the loop. I then pressed the hotsync button on the cable and let it sync. after that I was able to turn on the radio and run the updater for the second time which actually completed. weird but that's what worked for me because I was about to throw the damn phone in the street and drive over it a couple times. that would of fixed it for sure.. lol..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  9.    #29  
    Since I started this thread, I figured I'd give you guys an update....

Called sprint... spent forever on the phone with them. They didn't know what was up, so they called Palm. Sat on the phone for awhile with 2 tech support people!!! (yea, I know..I felt like I was in hell ) Palm offered to send me a replacement, but then I'd be out 2-3 days without a phone!! I was like, hell no!

Finally gave in and went to a sprint repair center. As soon as I walked in holding my treo, the guy already knew what was up, and took it directly to the repair people. Apparently they had quite a few bricked treos come in today. There was another guy there were at least 2 other people there at the same time with the same problem.

In the end, I had good news and bad news...

bad news: my treo died, no way to fix it
    good news: got myself a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW 755p!!! (gonna be lots of new traffic on the 755p forums!!!)

She originally wanted to charge me $55 cause I didn't have insurance, but went over to talk to the technician real quick, came back and said it would be free.
    Last edited by schnoid; 06/04/2007 at 11:47 PM.
    thought mine was hosed too. went into that endless "Palm"<-->"Access" loop.
    i thought i would have to buy a 755p for a second because i didn't have insurance. i finally figured out if you hold the red on/off button for a couple of seconds, a screen will display "Delete all data?". you press up for yes and down for no. I pressed up and couple of seconds later the digitizer screen appeared. Yesssssss! Fixed it!
    Warm Reset got me out of the death loop long enough to Soft reset and resync (to a blank 700p). Warm reset is the one where you press the Up key while hitting reset button on back. Hold the Up key down oxymoronically until the final logo screen shows up.

I think it was Audio Gateway running when it went into the death loop. Install worked to 1.10 worked fine until then.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplace123 View Post
    i thought i would have to buy a 755p for a second because i didn't have insurance. i finally figured out if you hold the red on/off button for a couple of seconds, a screen will display "Delete all data?". you press up for yes and down for no. I pressed up and couple of seconds later the digitizer screen appeared. Yesssssss! Fixed it!
    What you did is called a hard reset and you generally do it by holding down the on/off button and pushing the reset button (where the battery is) at the same time. I did that tons of times (as has most of the people that are having problems) but it never worked for me. Congrats on getting it working. Hopefully if you try another update it'll work for you.
    I had the same problem and hard resets would just keep me going to the digitizer setup screen, then it would try to connect to sprint, bam, reset. I ended up doing a warm reset and using the sd update option. I'm still in the middle of the update now, but it fixed my endless reset loop of death. This is the first Treo update I've EVER had any issues with.

As I finished typing that my Treo finished updating and looks to be 100%. If anyone has problems, I HIGHLY recommend backing up, doing a hard reset, then updating through the sd card instead of over usb.
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplace123 View Post
    I did the same thing, but when it came back, my phone part was crashed.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I had the endless reboot, and was going to take the phone to the Sprint store today, and shove it up someone's ***.

I still couldn't get the phone radio to turn on even though I had version 1.10, so I did the update using an SD card, and now it works like new. What a waste of time this was.

Some of the things I am looking forward to not having trouble with are a random garbled phone screen. I have searched the forums, and haven't found any talk of it. I also end up with text covering the buttons at the bottom of the tasks application when I page down to the last task, and it is more then one line. ( just checked, and this is still happening.)
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Mine is hosed too. Upgrade completed successfully but I keep getting the digitizer. How do you break out of the loop?
    Try the soft reset: Hold down the up key while pressing the reset button on the back. That got me far enough along that I could use the SD update method to recover the phone.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12