Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, after I installed the MR - I now get this touch tone sound coming out of the ear peice at the same time as the system sound. Does anyone know how I can shut this thing off? I ended up having to do a hard reset so if this is an option that I once turned off a long time ago, I forgot where to disable it.

thanks!
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm glad you posted this... it thought I was going crazy. I hear the usual system beep, but I also hear a touch-tone sound at the same time... as if I had accidentially hit the phone dial pad.
    Thank god it's not just me! thought I was losing it too.
    same thing here too.. I'm not losing my mind either.. nice..
    I have the same thing too.
    ditto....
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    Another similar issue regarding a new sound, is that when I open TomTom, my GPS will eventually connect (I wish there was a preference in TomTom to choose which device was the GPS, so it wouldn't keep trying to pair to my roommate's computer) and give the messaging alert noise that I have set, where it never did that before.
  8.    #8  
    God, thank you! After about 45 mins with no responses, I was going crazy thinking it was just me.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    I thought one of the dozen gadgets I own around my desk was running out of battery or something.
    check the 755p threads, they do the same, random touch tone sound.

Does it happen when a text message comes in as well? touch tone drowns out half of the actual alert?
    Me too. That's really obnoxious!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Speaking of sounds, has anyone else encountered broken ring tones? I have had multiple ringtones that I converted from various .wav files and after the MR these tones no longer work.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Has anyone who has applied the MR NOT experienced this touch tone sound?
    It's a feature, not a bug...LOL

Yup, getting those annoying touch tone beeps, too.
    The touchtone is messing up the notification sounds. Rather than getting two clear *BEEP BEEP* from a text message, i get a touchtone noise, 1 muffled beep, then a normal *BEEP*.

It's REALLY annoying!
    Same here, even with the ringer on the off position. More annoying then helpful.
    ha! welcome to our(755p users) world...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Has anyone who has applied the MR NOT experienced this touch tone sound?
    I haven't.......... yet
    Regarding ringtones you need to redo them as mp3s and convert them with MusicTones. It works.

AL
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari View Post
    I haven't.......... yet
    Ok, just noticed the sound.... it seems to be right after certain system noises (for example the standard beep sound) but not after all sounds for me.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast