Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    OK, one more thing. It sounds as though the stupid touchtone sound is the "*" key.

Sooo... if we remove the star key..... it will take away the tone!!!
    YES!!!
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    I was checking my voicemail and the touchtone sound actually deleted my new message...

Has anyone seen this? I was actually able to listen to the deleted message, so I was ok.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez View Post
    I was checking my voicemail and the touchtone sound actually deleted my new message...

Has anyone seen this? I was actually able to listen to the deleted message, so I was ok.
    That could be dangerous if you were trying to do a financial transactions like banking or buying stocks and the touchtone activated some action.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/15/2007 at 02:34 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Too bad it is not the "P" key that kept breaking on people...

That's pretty scary.
  6.    #126  

This happened to me today. I checked the voice mail before it gave me the notification of the voice mail. While listening to the voice mail (which was business related) the notification came on and deleted the Voice mail. I called Sprint to complain, and they just blamed Palm. They pretty much told me theres nothing they can do for me.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    sprint told me to go into my local sprint store and have them roll back my rom to 1.08....

i havent tried this yet , has anyone?
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    sprint told me to go into my local sprint store and have them roll back my rom to 1.08....

i havent tried this yet , has anyone?

The rep told me this as well, so I guess he didn't say there wasn't much they could do. But, what I got out of the conversation is that I have to figure out which bugs I have to live with. I told him I understood this wasn't his error, but that I felt the phone should simply function as it's apparent design. I didn't want to roll back to the old ROM and have the old problems, but I also don't want to have myself un-muted during a conference call.

By the way, the same tone will unmute your phone if your company uses Global Meet as a conference call system. Good thing they didn't hear me in my road rage in LA. Haha.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Also, there's a touch-tone type noise on the phone when it moves in and out of a roaming area, with the sound switch off and no tone selected to do that in the sounds menu.
  10. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    If somebody has a pre-MR 700p. The 755 ROM is posted here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=142962

Start with a clean (hard reset) phone. Unzip the file and add the contacts files to your phone. Does this add the tone problem? Continue to add apps (one app at a time - but this may be more than one file) until your phone either exhibits the problem, freezes or reboots - don't worry - you can always fix your phone with a hard reset since you are merely putting the files in RAM, not ROM - but files in RAM are used before those in ROM so you will be using the new files.

That will at least identify which change is the problematic one.

The problem is not that the tone is either loud or really offensive and the sound through the earpiece on a call I could live with - however - not being able to turn all sounds off with the switch on top is unacceptable.

Aside from the fact that Palm touts this as an important feature, it is forcing me to change the way I work.

When not in the office I am on call and have always used my device as a pager. Going to a movie (or any other place where I had to turn the phone off) meant that I could move the switch to "silence ringer" and my device would give two short shakes when I got a page.

Now I get this sickly sounding tone whenever I get a page. I had this down to a science - I had the brightness turned down to a point where it didn't bother anyone but I just just barely read the page in a dark theater (at least enough to judge the importance) and the two shakes weren't felt (or heard) by anyone but me.

Because of this new "feature" I'll have to get another device to replace the palm so that I can turn it off - along with a tool belt to carry my Blackberry and office cell phone (both set permanently to vibrate and both turned off in movie theaters and the like), my personal Treo and now the pager.

Before somebody jumps in with "use the B'berry," there is a good reason why I don't.

The B'berry gets lots of messages. The ONLY folks that have my Treo SMS (2125551212@messaging.sprint.com) are my wife and my office - and my wife wouldn't use it unless she REALLY needs to contact me. Ergo, I know that when I get an SMS that it is something quite important from my office.

This new "feature" is more than just an annoyance.
    Cheers

Charles
    Yeah, I called about their network issues. They wanted to talk me through rollin back to 08. I told them do what they could on their end, as far as PV dropouts, but there was no chance in hell of going back to 08. they solved the problem by refreshing my network settings. One thing however, after they do that, do not re-provision your phone. Or the network will slow down, and or drop out.
    Matty
    Is there a fix for this? I'm in training and the classroom I'm going to be in for the next 6 weeks has very little service so every time it goes from no service to service, to roaming the stupid phone beeps even with the "mute all" switch set.

It is really getting annoying.
    Isn't that the tone that you can turn off in prefs?

Prefs>Sounds and Alerts>Application: Phone alerts> Coverage in/out & Signal Faded = Off

Fixed mine....
    ^he's talking about the touch-tone beep that comes from the earpiece that plagues post-MR 700s and 755s. There are a few threads about this topic.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Isn't that the tone that you can turn off in prefs?

Prefs>Sounds and Alerts>Application: Phone alerts> Coverage in/out & Signal Faded = Off

Fixed mine....
    Thanks for the tip but that is already turned off on mine - plus the switch at the top is on silent and I still get the service in and out beep. I also get all the stupid tone beeps.
    Any update on this? I have figured out the beep only happens when the phone is on.
    ya that was stated some time ago that it goes away when the radio is off, i installed the newest MR and i still hear the touch tone sound
    The tones were freaking me out about being in class. The cell phone policy at my school is that noise from a cell phones gets you kicked out of class, no questions. At the time I was playing a game with the ringer off and I kept hearing the tones.

Also some bluetooth devices that worked before the update won't work now. I got my h700 to work but the phone now wont pair with my car.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Has anyone who has applied the MR NOT experienced this touch tone sound?
    Nope not getting this sound, I don't think. Is there anyway to test and see if you I'm getting it and just not noticing?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    Nope not getting this sound, I don't think. Is there anyway to test and see if you I'm getting it and just not noticing?
    Slide the ringer switch to silent then press the space bar while in the phone application. You should hear a touch tone sound coming from the ear piece (not the speaker).
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast