Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I just noticed mine does it too, and it seems to do that randomly every once in a long while.

Great...now they brought us the functions of the 755 and they brought the bugs over too....
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial View Post
    So, after I installed the MR - I now get this touch tone sound coming out of the ear peice at the same time as the system sound. Does anyone know how I can shut this thing off? I ended up having to do a hard reset so if this is an option that I once turned off a long time ago, I forgot where to disable it.

thanks!
    Yeah, I noticed it too. Kind of annoying. Anyone know of a way to disable this "feature"?
    I'm hearing it too. Somewhat random and I'm not sure what triggers it or not, but it's definitely an extra beep where it doesn't belong.
  4.    #24  
    My main thing is that when you disable the sound, you can still hear it. So, if I mess with it during a meeting, people will still hear the tone. This actually cripples the ability to have the phone completely silent.

Luckly, they shouldn't have any excuse for not fixing it with this firmware rev if they fix it for the 755p- since it's just a minor change.

I know I'm humoring myself into thinking there will be another update. Hopefully someone can find some workaround.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Speaking of sounds, has anyone else encountered broken ring tones? I have had multiple ringtones that I converted from various .wav files and after the MR these tones no longer work.
    Same problem, most of my .wav tones don't work. Interestingly, some do. I'll try the .mp3 thing. Maybe the ones that work ARE mp3s and I just saved the filename wrong...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I get the tones just after I turn on the phone. I haven't experienced it at any other time.
    just checking I read a couple of you posted you'd forgotten how to change the settings,

its under prefs then sounds and alerts. once in that screen theres a drop down in the upper right hand corner for each type of sounds you want to set

IE system, phone etc

Hope this helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    just checking I read a couple of you posted you'd forgotten how to change the settings,

its under prefs then sounds and alerts. once in that screen theres a drop down in the upper right hand corner for each type of sounds you want to set

IE system, phone etc

Hope this helps.
    Yes, the settings for this touch tone sound are not there.

This sound doesn't come out of the speaker, but the ear piece on the handset.

It's also important to note, like on my last post, that switching to silent mode doesn't turn the sound off.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial View Post
    Yes, the settings for this touch tone sound are not there.

This sound doesn't come out of the speaker, but the ear piece on the handset.

It's also important to note, like on my last post, that switching to silent mode doesn't turn the sound off.
    Turning "System" volume to off seems to disable BOTH the normal tone and the earpiece beep, in case anyone prefers this option.

Leaving it on with the silent switch must be a bug - it's at least a large oversight. And just adding a random new feature like that without at least a single buried option to remove it is bad form, Palm. When I first noticed it I figured it was added so that error beeps could be heard through headsets.... but as far as I can tell it doesn't even do that. Just a worthless addition.
    Please tell me Palm is looking into this. This is super duper annoying.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thesteev View Post
    Please tell me Palm is looking into this. This is super duper annoying.
    They'll get right on that. There should be an update available by end of Q2......2010.
    mine doesn't do this, did I do something wrong (right)

edit: I can hear it now
    Last edited by AngryCPA; 06/12/2007 at 01:03 PM.
    When I get this during a hotsync operation, it's immediately followed by a reboot....
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm getting the touch tone sound out of the speaker (now that I've done the update) immediately before any system sound.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I agree - I get the tone along with my 'system' souns as well. Doesn't happen at other times that I've been able to identify.

Rotello
    apparently i can be added to the"i am not crazy list" too. i noticed it right away and thoguht it was odd that i could keep hearing tones when just navigating on siltent mode.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I guess we're going to have to bug Palm to fix this. Here we go again...
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Speaking of sounds, has anyone else encountered broken ring tones? I have had multiple ringtones that I converted from various .wav files and after the MR these tones no longer work.
    I had a .wav file I used for my vmail notification and it no longer works...very annoying...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Add me to the list. I was in a meeting and had the phone in silent mode using the switch on the top of the phone and heard the touch tone sound. I looked around to see what caused it. It took me a moment to realize the sound was coming from my "silenced" phone.

Poor, poor, Palm...
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    Does it happen when a text message comes in as well? touch tone drowns out half of the actual alert?
    I just started noticing that today. Also, some of my alert sounds dont sound the same as they were before the update!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast