Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What are people's experiences with bluetooth after the update? So far, the two headsets I have that worked before (Jawbone, AX2 Pro) now do not work reliably at all... The Jawbone is slow to connect, I can hear ringing through the phone before connect, and constantly disconnecting (and beeping in my ear to boot). The AX2 will pair, but will no longer transfer audio without me pushing the button on the headset...
    I have a Plantronics 510 and it still works fine. I use it for my Desktop, Laptop, and 700p
    I'm having the same connect issue with the scala headset. It doesn't auto connect i have to press the button to make the connection.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I have plantronics 510 and it still dropped the pairing after a few minutes of idling
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I have this carkit http://www.well-whole.com/BM-001.html
    It used to work before the MR, and now it will pair but it won't connect.
    hum. I was wondering if I was the only one. My WEP200 would disconnent from time to time before when not on a call but it has dropped several times since the update. I'm going to delete my bt device file and re-pair the headset.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Are you kidding me? This long and the bluetooth isn't ANY better than it was? Boy I'm glad I ditched the 700p. I'd be even more pissed right now if I still had it.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Are you kidding me? This long and the bluetooth isn't ANY better than it was? Boy I'm glad I ditched the 700p. I'd be even more pissed right now if I still had it.
    well....to their defense, it looks like for some, BT finally works for them, but for some of us, what used to work, don't work anymore
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Any better? For me, it's hands down WORSE. I went from 2 (somewhat working headsets) to 0...

It took them 1 year to come up with this?!?!?!?

Believe me, I AM PISSED...
    fwiw you can set it up to auto connect to headset. system preferences then hands free and check the option...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    The phone pairs and stays paired, for the most part, but there is no audio during a phone call. Sometimes the call is transferred to the headset (the baby blue headset icon near the signal strength bars becomes dark blue, sometimes it doesn't), but, regardless, there is no audio. On the other hand there is audio when streaming PocketTunes via SAG. But, if I make a call or take a call, then the audio from PT via SAG becomes unusable; there's a loud hissing, warbling noise which is louder than the music and this can't be fixed without a reset.
    I did a hard reset and tested a phone call again with a clean phone after pairing -> no change.

That's it for me. No more Treos. Anything has to be better than the frustration with this pseudo phone, and I've given too much time to this piece of crap already. I'm looking now at the upcoming HTC devices like the Kaiser: WM6, GPS, WiFi, BT 2.0 with A2DP and AVRCP, 3MP camera with flash and autofocus, and slide-out keyboard. ( http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=733 ).
    Last edited by Asystole; 06/04/2007 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    I have this carkit http://www.well-whole.com/BM-001.html
    It used to work before the MR, and now it will pair but it won't connect.
    That is the same issue with the Camry 2007 (it pairs but will not connect) the car system keeps searching and finally says unable to connect. allows me to enter the code and then it finishes saying done on the Treo but the camry keeps on searching. This is the same way it was with the Treo 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    well....to their defense, it looks like for some, BT finally works for them, but for some of us, what used to work, don't work anymore
    Hopefully Palm will release an update in the near future (And I do not mean a year, for in 6 months hope we have our linux treos with a descent amount of memory, GPS and voice dialing with AD2P and do not forget CDMA and GSM on the same phone, hope I am not dreaming). They are reading our blogs and they know that we are not competely happy! But they did know about the BT issues on the 755p. What worked on the 700p was not working on the 755.
  14.    #14  
    As mentioned by donric609 (thanks for figuring that out), there is a new preference setting to route audio to the headset that is not checked by default. Why you would not want this, I have no idea, but it did clear up a lot of issues for me, and will solve some issues for others as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    As mentioned by donric609 (thanks for figuring that out), there is a new preference setting to route audio to the headset that is not checked by default. Why you would not want this, I have no idea, but it did clear up a lot of issues for me, and will solve some issues for others as well...

I have this checked. No difference.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Asystole View Post
    I have this checked. No difference.
    What about if you disable SAG (I have no idea if it is already)? There may be a conflict between it and the new way this is set up...
    Now I know why Verizon did not release this MR yet.
    I tried it after a hard reset (wiped the phone -- SAG not there) with the same issues present.
    I have a basic Treo BT headset. Never had issues with it before.
    So far the only difference I notice now is that if I do a soft reset, when the Treo comes turns on, it doesn't pick up on the headset. I have to turn the headset off then on again.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Since the MR, I can not make calls throught my BT headset if I have my Seidio adapter plugged in that connects my Treo to my car's stereo. I use this for MP3s and audio books. I used to be able to make and receive calls via BT no problem when this was plugged in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast