1.    #1  
    I now have a wonderful orange shadow/hue around the black text in blazer. I saw another user mention this problem as well. Is anyone not having this problem?
  2.    #2  
    I noticed when I clicked a picture (with an embedded link) the orange shadow goes away. If I then stop the operation before the new page has a chance to load, the orange shadow comes back. I am not sure what to do.
    Any way u can post a screenshot of this?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  4.    #4  
    I don't have the screen capture program. Is it free?
  5.    #5  
    UPDATE: By accident, I realized that when pTunes is playing in the background the orange shadow is not there. This is getting weirder and weirder. I did notice that skipping in pTunes was completely eliminated though.
    I'm the other guy... I've redone the update 5 times now, and I still have the orangish shadow. Snap's screen shots don't pick it up... But I'll post it here anyways.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Well it looks like we are alone on this. I am going to take mine to a Sprint store tonight to see what they say.
    This is just weird... I've posted twice in the "It's Here" thread, and everyone seems to busy to reply and see if theirs does it as well.
  9.    #9  
    Went to sprint store and it was really busy. Will try back tomorrow.
    I got this backshadow as well on the 2nd 700P i did the MR on, which was brand new out of the box. The first 700P I did the MR on (which was a refurb replacement from Asurion) did not have this orangey backshadow at all.

So the new one is going back.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Freaky! I have this too. I thought it was just a fluke that it showed up shortly after the MR since I hadn't read about anyone else seeing it. I finally called Vzn yest. and they are sending me a new one. Mine is making the noise when phone it turned on, shadowy text, and error 300 occasionally. It also got stuck in a reset loop but this is because of problems I've been having with SAG since installing the MR.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    what happens if you change the font with a program like fontsmoother? Is it still there?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Yes, I completely disabled fontsmother and it was still there. Adjusting the brightness seemed to make it come and go some.
    I have it too. This is my second 700p - first was replaced due to different MR bugs. This time around I get the fuzzy fonts. I don't use Fontsmoother or any other font program.
    This post shows it up close and personal.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=147708
  16.    #16  
    I finally got my phone replaced by Palm (refurb). Sprint would not do it for me even though they saw the problem. I took it to 3 different Sprint stores.
    Looks like my orange shadow disappeared on its own today. EVen thought it was very clear yesterday and Saturday, I havent seen it all day for some strange reason... I even went to one last Sprint store Saturday and spoke directly to a tech who had never seen anything like it. He noted the account this time too.

I am supposed to send this new 700P back to Sprint sometime this week, but if the problem is gone I would rather keep it. 3 ESN swaps within 2 weeks is a bit much, I would rather not make it 4. Has anyone else had the orange just "go away?"

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...