Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am hoping to purchase a Treo 755 next week so I have been reading the different forums..I wanted to know what is SERO? I am a Sprint user and I am eligible for the 150.00 discount..Should I call Retention to see if I can get a better deal or go to a Sprint store? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blkpanther9805 View Post
    I am hoping to purchase a Treo 755 next week so I have been reading the different forums..I wanted to know what is SERO? I am a Sprint user and I am eligible for the 150.00 discount..Should I call Retention to see if I can get a better deal or go to a Sprint store? Thanks
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778

Go look in the CDMA-North America forum for tons and tons of stuff on SERO.

Short answer: SERO is the best deal on the planet for mobile phone/data service. Easy for new customers to Sprint. Apparently much harder (but not impossible) for existing customers to switch over to a SERO plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778

Go look in the CDMA-North America forum for tons and tons of stuff on SERO.

Short answer: SERO is the best deal on the planet for mobile phone/data service. Easy for new customers to Sprint. Apparently much harder (but not impossible) for existing customers to switch over to a SERO plan.
    That about sums it up. I've been a Sprint customer for years and am in the process of switching a couple lines to SERO.
    I have been a sprint customer since 1998, and was out of my contract period. I added a SERO line and eventually after several phone calls to ecare and the like was able to port my old number over cancel to the new plan and then just cancel my old plan. Was very trying, remaining cordial thoroughout the process and evetually found someone who was able to shift me over. Now all is good.
    Just signed up for SERO on a Burgundy 755P earlier today, but was told I couldn't port my existing Nextel number over to Sprint. Talked to 7-8 different people before I finally called the SERO number listed at www.sprint.com/sero (Enterprise Telesales) and that's who advised I could not get my 6 year old Nextel number on a new Sprint line.

Doesn't make sense to me maybe I'll call after I receive the phone tomorrow or Wednesday and try again. I'm not real partial to the old number but would be easier to keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Just signed up for SERO on a Burgundy 755P earlier today, but was told I couldn't port my existing Nextel number over to Sprint. Talked to 7-8 different people before I finally called the SERO number listed at www.sprint.com/sero (Enterprise Telesales) and that's who advised I could not get my 6 year old Nextel number on a new Sprint line.

Doesn't make sense to me maybe I'll call after I receive the phone tomorrow or Wednesday and try again. I'm not real partial to the old number but would be easier to keep it.
    You can't port Sprint or Nextel numbers to SERO. Some people have, but I don't know how. If you really want to keep the number, port it to another carrier, and then port into the SERO line. That's what a lot of people have done successfully.
    Odd that they would port a number from another carrier ie, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. technically Nextel is another carrier as well. Why the need to jump through the hoops?

So to port to another carrier, what would you suggest?? A "pay as you go" phone from 7-11?
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...highlight=sero

And contact Sprint ECare directly at 866-250-2221 or contact Sprint Retentions. IME, Retentions can do anything necessary to retain a Sprint customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneinthepipe View Post
    IME, Retentions can do anything necessary to retain a Sprint customer.
    That's not exactly true. Retentions' power has been reduced over the last year or two. They can still make some pretty good deals, but they can't do as much as they once could.
    I picked up the 755p on last Monday. The Sprint Store folks gave it to me for $379 as the "in-store price" and then I am also eligible for the additional $100 rebate, bringing it down to $279.

I consider that to be a pretty good deal overall. So, check with the store.

K.
    That's the same deal I got from my local Sprint store too. I told them I could get that deal online, and what could they do for me? That's what I ended up with, including an extension of my current plan and the $25 Power Vision Big Wahoo plan half off... or so they said. We'll see when I get the bill. :-)

Tom
    Standard plan under SERO:

unlimited nights/weekends (700PM)
    nationwide roaming
    unlimited long distance
    unlimited Power Vision
    unlimited messaging
    unlimited Picture Mail
    unlimited mobile-to-mobile

1250 minutes is 49.99
    500 minutes is 30.00
    2500 minutes is 99.99

755P is 279.00 - 100.00=179.00 (and possibly -50 "Powerup")
    Quote Originally Posted by oneinthepipe View Post
    Standard plan under SERO:

unlimited nights/weekends (700PM)
    nationwide roaming
    unlimited long distance
    unlimited Power Vision
    unlimited messaging
    unlimited Picture Mail
    unlimited mobile-to-mobile

1250 minutes is 49.99
    500 minutes is 30.00
    2500 minutes is 99.99

755P is 279.00 - 100.00=179.00 (and possibly -50 "Powerup")
    Where's the - 100 coming from? I didn't see a rebate on the site. Am I missing something?
  14. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    well, first the $100 rebate from sprints site
    $50 in powerup $50 in save50 and finally $75 in the kellogs rebate, making the price $5 for anyone whos willing to try
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by oldindiansfan View Post
    Where's the - 100 coming from? I didn't see a rebate on the site. Am I missing something?
    $100 Rebate
    Kellogg's Rebate
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    You can't port Sprint or Nextel numbers to SERO. Some people have, but I don't know how. If you really want to keep the number, port it to another carrier, and then port into the SERO line. That's what a lot of people have done successfully.
    As an existing customer, I managed to get on the SERO plan without changing my number a few months back. It was an extremely tiring process. I was probably on the line with the SERO folks for about 2 hours getting nowhere after my order was rejected. I then called Sprint (SERO sign up is handled by a 3rd party) and talked to them for at least 2 or 3 hours. I loosely use the term "talked", more like argued...a lot. I was disconnected a number of times and had to call back in. The last time I called back in, the rep looked at my notes for like 10 seconds and then transfered me to Corporate Accounts and they set me up. I tried to help a friend do it a few weeks ago but it seems they cracked down on it.

It seems kind of retarded that they treat new customers better than their existing ones.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How hard is it for me to port from VZW to Sprint Sero?

I will get the 755w as soon as it come out on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    How hard is it for me to port from VZW to Sprint Sero?

I will get the 755w as soon as it come out on Sprint.
    Verizon -> Sprint: you will be welcomed like a king (within the abusive bureaucracy that IS Sprint, naturally). I have several friends who came from Verizon that I've turned on to this plan, they had no problems getting Sprint to take their money instead.

The SERO plan is basically meant to siphon off customers from other carriers. Since Nextel and Sprint are the same goons now, it would be a "zero sum" game in their coffers and you'd need to get trickier with the number (port elsewhere then back) so it appears they are gaining a new customer, at least on paper.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Can somebody explain what the "powerup" and "save50" is? I just bought a 755p with a new sprint contract.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    well, first the $100 rebate from sprints site
    $50 in powerup $50 in save50 and finally $75 in the kellogs rebate, making the price $5 for anyone whos willing to try
    I have to say, that Sero plan sounds so good, I might just have to consider leaving Verizon for it. Even if I pay the early termination fee, thats well over 600 a year cheaper.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast