Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I used to the be on Nextel's SERO plan a number of months back, and I must say it is the best consumer plan in the world that just simply cannot be beat for what you get. However, trying to get a CS that speaks english on the Sprint side is like trying to win the lotto, extremely rare, at least for me. Despite the discounts I was getting, I just couldn't put up with it anymore, so I opted out of the contract with no ETF and switched to AT&T, granted, I pay $40 instead of $30, but I get 500 bonus minutes every month on top of my 450 minutes that rolls over every month. and the reps all speak english!

bottom line, if SERO works for you and you're willing to put up with the CSR, then its the best thing since slice bread.
    If I were to get a new line of service with a SERO plan, would I have to actually purchase a phone thru them at that time or could I first purchase a phone elsewhere and simply activate that phone with a SERO plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    If I were to get a new line of service with a SERO plan, would I have to actually purchase a phone thru them at that time or could I first purchase a phone elsewhere and simply activate that phone with a SERO plan?
    If you go thru the website you will have to pick a phone. If they don't have one you like you can simply pick one of the free ones, then go buy whatever Sprint phone you want and activate it on your new SERO line. Then you can just sell the free phone for some cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I have to say, that Sero plan sounds so good, I might just have to consider leaving Verizon for it. Even if I pay the early termination fee, thats well over 600 a year cheaper.
    I just left VZW after 11 years for the SERO plan. I am in the NY/Long Island area and the coverage has been great - I haven't had any problems. I am on the $49.99 plan with unlimited text and data/1250 minutes. I was paying $45/month just for data alone on VZW. I am very happy I was able to get this plan and I am saving a lot of money.

It was no problem at all for me to port my number. After I was sure I was keeping the phone (I waited a few days to test the coverage), I just called Sprint and gave them my VZW information. I then called VZW because I was on a family share and I had to move my husbands line over to a regular plan. The customer service woman admitted that she couldn't offer me anything close to the SERO plan to keep me with VZW.
    I am a long time palm user (never a Treo user ... well not yet anyway) and the SERO plan alone may be enough to push me over to a new 755p. Now to let down all of my VZW friends
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12