Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Coming from a Treo 650, I'm not really sure what the EVDO indicator is or where it is on the phone app? Is there an indicator in Blazer? thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I now have a green EVDO Symbol when im in my phone App...its a small square box that says "EV"

B
    In the upper right corner above the signal bars. If you're connected to Power Vision (EVDO) you'll see two blue arrows. If you're only connected to Vision (1xRTT) the arrows will be green. If the arrows are grayed out it means you're connected but you're not actively transferring data. No arrows means no current data connection at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    I now have a green EVDO Symbol when im in my phone App...its a small square box that says "EV"

B
    Do you have a third party app for your phone app? I don't have anything that says EV.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    what is a screen capture program and I will snap a shot of it and then post it up here...

Brian
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    going to get that shot now...maybe i have some special EVDO down here in San Jose,,,he,heh
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the primer, felt kind of stupid I knew the arrows above the indicator showed connection but didn't clue into the color differences.

Does anyone know then what the symbol for the two columns of small arrows (first column of three arrows go up second column arrows go down) stands for?

Mine appears next to the gunsight icon on the phone app?

Sorry for such basic questions but I didn't have much luck with the user's guide.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Those are the EVDO indicator on the Sprint network
  9.    #9  
    Helping my self here, found this link that gives a good explanation of each icon. I guess it was too much for sprint just to put this in the manual

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=obj(44734)

10.    #11  
    Could the EV in the Box possibly a rev.A indicator?
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Helping my self here, found this link that gives a good explanation of each icon. I guess it was too much for sprint just to put this in the manual

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=obj(44734)

That link doesn't work for me. How did you get to the page?

That's really weird. I just get the up and down blue arrows where you see EV.

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Could the EV in the Box possibly a rev.A indicator?
    The 755p is Rev 0 only, so I don't see what the point of a Rev A indicator would be. That's like saying, "Hey, look at all the fast speeds you could be getting if you bought something else!"
  12.    #13  
    As far as the link goes, I just ended up googling "sprint phone app status icons" and it was the first result. Not sure why its not linking correctly, probably me not doing something right. Its interesting because I didn't see anything on there about the EV Box icon.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I have EVDO here in San Jose. But this Icon only came up like 2 days ago...quite strange...I love my SERO plan...I dunno...maybe my Treo is Special..lol
  14.    #15  
    Actually I peruse the site some more and evidently they show that to be the Treo status icon for an EVDO area but only for the 700p on these networks Alltel, Bell, Cellular South and Telus devices.

Are you using a 700p or a 755p?
    Here you can see the blue arrows on mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Treo 755p on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    That link doesn't work for me. How did you get to the page?
    You can go to http://kb.palm.com

In the select you product section: drop down 755p under Other.

At the bottom of the next page, type " icons " in the keyword search section and click continue.

Click on "Guide to icons and alerts at the top of the Treo 755p smartphone screen" and there you are.
  18.    #19  
    Kinda weird, I sure like the Green EV in a box icon better, seems a lot more intuitive. Could these be some newer kind of update from sprint?
  19.    #20  
    Alright now this is really weird, Mine is now flashing back and forth between the EV Box icon and the blue arrows. First time its ever done this. I did just put a new splash screen on. Anyway this could have changed it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast