Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 184
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    As I understand the email counter was intentionally removed by Palm as a cause of lag within the phone application itself.
    Are you kidding me?! It seems to me that the whole idea of a Treo was to be more connected to your email and other forms of communication. Having the email counter on my phone screen was pretty helpful to me - and saved me the time of going into my email application to check if I have any emails waiting to be read. That delay, while noticably improved, may be less annoying that having to press buttons to check email status.
  2. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    #142  
    I've long used Alt-Home to break out of programs that otherwise take control of the hardkeys, like PalmVNC (since I remapped the four hard buttons) and some games. Pre-MR, this always brought me to the Applications app (Palm's default App Launcher), but now post-MR, it brings me to Softick Audio Gateway ... and I can't figure out why? It's not that I dislike the feature, I actually quite like it! I just want to figure out why and whether there's some control for it.

    Uh oh, I just deleted SAG to see if something else would get auto-launched instead, and now it's back to only jumping back to the Applications app, even after I re-installed SAG. I may have to restore from last night's backup ...

    Anyway, does anyone else's Alt-Home give them anything other than the Applications app?
  3. #143  
    Apps screen here.
    Matty
  4. #144  
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but post-MR SMS now resends automatically after error.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5. #145  
    Nice feature....
  6. #146  
    My pTunes is skipping more than kids at a playground.
    Happening during web access and Snapper.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7. #147  
    I have found that Ptunes will skip more the higher the quality is of what you are listening to and if you have anything running in the background. Example, with Chatter running in the background, if I stream something in mp3 mono format at a bitrate of 24, I don't experience skipping; if I stream something in aac stereo format at a bitrate of 32, I experience similar skipping I used to pre MR. If I shutdown Chatter, the skipping experienced with the 32bit aac stream goes away.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/16/2007 at 07:51 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  8. #148  
    Try this out. Go to Internet Radio in PTunes (Alt Q), Select The 80's from the drop down menu, and from within the list choose Hit Music Radio Digital.. This is a 24bit mono mp3 stream. See if you experience skipping while listening to this. I don't get it from this stream.

    Next test. Select Hi Speed Network Stations in the drop down, and in that list choose radioio80sPop. This is a 64bit stereo mp3 stream. See if you experience skipping. I don't get it from this stream.

    Next test. From the aacPlus group, I chose the iRock109 stream. This is a 32bit stereo aac stream. I experience the hiccup/skip about every 10 seconds.

    Also, if listening to a 192bit mp3 stored on my SD card I experience the hiccup/skipping about every 10 seconds. I have not tried lowering the bitrate of my stored mp3's to see if the skipping would go away. All the above tests were done with Chatter running in the background.

    As noted in the above post, when I shutdown Chatter, I get no skipping in the above scenarios (not even when listening to a 192bit stereo mp3 stored on the SD card).

    Not sure if this would also have an effect or not, but in both of the above posts, both Bluetooth and Beam Receive were disabled.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/16/2007 at 07:59 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  9. #149  
    I looked, but I didn't find anyone mention the home screen. Some of the things I've seen is that the home screen is not displaying email indicators for any applications. I tried Versamail, and Chatter..neither are showing up. The voicemail icon has been magnified also, and the number "1" key on the home screen looks like it has been enlarged and looks goofy compared to the other keys. The splash screen has been changed also from the Sprint one to the Treo . These are just cosmetic changes....just thought I'd mention them haha...I also have seen that custom ring tones are very smooth now and do not skip.
  10. schmidtj's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by rikishah View Post
    I looked, but I didn't find anyone mention the home screen. Some of the things I've seen is that the home screen is not displaying email indicators for any applications. I tried Versamail, and Chatter..neither are showing up. The voicemail icon has been magnified also, and the number "1" key on the home screen looks like it has been enlarged and looks goofy compared to the other keys. The splash screen has been changed also from the Sprint one to the Treo . These are just cosmetic changes....just thought I'd mention them haha...I also have seen that custom ring tones are very smooth now and do not skip.
    Supposidly the email indicator was removed intentionally. According to Palm the indicator was one of the reasons switching in/out of Email was slow. This is what I was told.
  11. #151  
    In Network Prefs (Prefs>Network>menu>preferences), they took out the option to connect when radio is turned on. I always had this checked pre-MR. No biggie but a change nonetheless.

    I reviewed the OP's post and in the not working section I saw PDAnet BT. Happy to report that PDAnet over BT is solid for me. Very cool surfing on the laptop without cables and while listening to Ptunes without skipping.

    This MR has made me rediscover and enjoy my Treo700P.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 06/19/2007 at 10:04 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    I've long used Alt-Home to break out of programs that otherwise take control of the hardkeys, like PalmVNC (since I remapped the four hard buttons) and some games. Pre-MR, this always brought me to the Applications app (Palm's default App Launcher), but now post-MR, it brings me to Softick Audio Gateway ... and I can't figure out why? It's not that I dislike the feature, I actually quite like it! I just want to figure out why and whether there's some control for it.

    Uh oh, I just deleted SAG to see if something else would get auto-launched instead, and now it's back to only jumping back to the Applications app, even after I re-installed SAG. I may have to restore from last night's backup ...

    Anyway, does anyone else's Alt-Home give them anything other than the Applications app?
    I have Option-Home mapped as my camera app, using Butler. Is that what you mean by Alt-Home? I can't press Alt+Home without a system reminder that the Alt button is used for special characters.

    Funny you should mention PalmVNC. I use the green button (mapped as an all-in-one phone button with Butler) to get me out of PalmVNC.
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    In Network Prefs (Prefs>Network>menu>preferences), they took out the option to connect when radio is turned on. I always had this checked pre-MR. No biggie but a change nonetheless.

    I
    Yep....

    I noticed this too. No more option to connect data after radio is turned on.

    I had a healthy 700p prior to the MR. I restored with a fresh Resco Backup done a few minutes before installing the MR via SD card. I still have the data connecting after the radio is turned on with restore from backup.

    On the app thing. I have the default launch app with option + Home press. It did this before the MR and post MR. It's nice. I have a category in my default launcher for "Links". when pressing op + Home, my Links category pops up with my SharkLinks quick URL links.

    So far, my 700p has had no crashes post update, not locking any apps now, and is very nice. No problems with it post update. Only slight change in Alarm and Alarm Triangle midi tones.

  14. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by PumiceT View Post
    I have Option-Home mapped as my camera app, using Butler. Is that what you mean by Alt-Home? I can't press Alt+Home without a system reminder that the Alt button is used for special characters.

    Funny you should mention PalmVNC. I use the green button (mapped as an all-in-one phone button with Butler) to get me out of PalmVNC.
    You're right, I meant Option-Home!
  15. #155  
    TreoTraveler,
    The tones are actually the same, but something in the update has caused them to fade in. There's a post somewhere around here with a fix (you have to copy 3 files to RAM from a pre MR image). The 3 files we attached to the post. Since I'm posting this on my Treo I'm not able to provide the link to the thread.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  16. #156  
    Update on skipping in PTunes, I'm currently listening to a 192bit mp3 stored on the SD card, with Chatter in the background checking an IMAP account as well as the EX plugin listening for emails on my work account and there is no skipping. Go figure.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  17. #157  
    Did a search, didn't see any answers for this: Has the versamail caused delay when switching to the phone screen been resolved for people?
    <p style="margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:0; padding-bottom:0; text-align:center; line-height:0"><a href="http://blog.thetechnonaut.com"><img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheTechnonaut.1.gif" alt="The Technonaut" style="border:0"></a></p><p style="margin-top:5px; padding-top:0; font-size:x-small; text-align:center"></p>
  18. schmidtj's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgreene07 View Post
    Did a search, didn't see any answers for this: Has the versamail caused delay when switching to the phone screen been resolved for people?
    They did remove the "new mail" icon to address the issue. I never thought there was much of a delay.
  19. #159  
    I didn't experience any delays either. Wish they hadn't removed the email noification icon from the phone app.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Wish they hadn't removed the email noification icon from the phone app.
    . . . or at least made it an option.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions