Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My battery life has been surprisingly better.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    My reset happened while my Treo was sitting on my desk untouched. I had the version of TreoLnchr available on the website, not the one from the forums, so it was very outdated. So far so good with the new version for 755ps.
    Excuse my ignorance and what is TreoLnchr and do I have it as stock or do I need it?
    Three days into the new MR, life is good again for my Treo:

Not a single reset since finishing installation.
    My BT headset (Jabra v250) has remained paired with the phone since Monday and is working well; call quality about the same - fair.
    A bit snappier changing applications on the native launcher.
    Much faster native phone application activation time.
    Going in-out of Blazer still lags, some less than before. Blazer seems a bit faster now (maybe is me?).
    All my applications seem to work just fine.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I used to get a little bit of spotty service in my room, sometimes, often actually, it would drop the call.

With the new update...no problems at all. It's been great.
    The ONLY resets I have had are related to interaction problems between Call Block and TakePhone, but then before the MR I had no resets. Ben
    My battery lasted about 3 hours longer today than it usually would have.
    Quote Originally Posted by electricparoxys View Post
    My phone didn't freeze while I was browsing on the elevator (while it was looking for the signal I was still able to scroll!)

*2 works now too without that 'phone off' hanging screen.
    EXCELLENT - These are the 2 biggest problems (well, 2 of 3, 3rd being the BT Random Disconnects, not necessarily in that order) for me.

However, they have since been replaced by a BIGGER problem-namely, that I didn't get to the update before Palm pulled it.

I guess I can live with(out) it for another week (or so)...

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    My battery life has been surprisingly better.
    Same here. Had problems with SAG draining battery life. Seems to have been overcome with the MR.
    Loaded Outlook 2007 conduits and it seems to be working on the 700P with the MR.
    Bluetooth Hotsync is working. Very fast pairing, too.
    coolgreany, TreoLnchr is an application launcher. It is not on a "stock" Treo. If you'd like to learn more about it check in the Apps for Palm OS forum and look for the thread "Awesome 700P Launcher".
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    coolgreany, TreoLnchr is an application launcher. It is not on a "stock" Treo. If you'd like to learn more about it check in the Apps for Palm OS forum and look for the thread "Awesome 700P Launcher".
    Thanks!
    For anyone that would like to know, the Acura 2006 MDX Homelink system is working fine after i did the MR on both of my 700p's. However, I did have to totally reset the Homelink system before they would pair. After I did that, they both paired instantly

The Jabra BT-200 or 250 (can't remember which) also seem to work fine now (well as well as they ever did, which was in my opinion not very well). But they didn't work well with the Nokia 6600's I had either, so I attribute the problems to the Jabra, not the Palm

-Dan
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Post upgrade none of my quick key entries work in the Favorites menu. This includes my custom settings and the default Voicemail (1) entry. Anyone else seeing this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Post upgrade none of my quick key entries work in the Favorites menu. This includes my custom settings and the default Voicemail (1) entry. Anyone else seeing this issue?
    Nope, its working fine for me.
    Just about the only thing I've noticed that DOES NOT work as it should:

SnapperMail doesn't show an icon in the phone application to indicate new emails. They have responded that "Palm messed up" in some way, so SnapperMail is going to fix what they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Nope, its working fine for me.
    Ditto.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by PumiceT View Post
    Just about the only thing I've noticed that DOES NOT work as it should:

SnapperMail doesn't show an icon in the phone application to indicate new emails. They have responded that "Palm messed up" in some way, so SnapperMail is going to fix what they can.
    As I understand the email counter was intentionally removed by Palm as a cause of lag within the phone application itself.

Here's an improvement: alerts that come in used to wake up the treo and stays on until the setting for 'auto-off' kicks in. Post-MR, alerts come in and wake up the Treo only for a few seconds - same amount of time keyguard is on when a hard key is pressed and not unlocked. This should improve battery life somewhat.

And noticed how soft reset takes half the time now.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Here's an improvement: alerts that come in used to wake up the treo and stays on until the setting for 'auto-off' kicks in. Post-MR, alerts come in and wake up the Treo only for a few seconds - same amount of time keyguard is on when a hard key is pressed and not unlocked. This should improve battery life somewhat.
    I just recently noted this change in behavior, interesting.

And noticed how soft reset takes half the time now.
    This one I don't see, mine seems equally slow.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast