Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Anyone noticing slightly better battery life? I guess its probably due to the PRL change because I have to roam at work and during the commute, but I'd swear that I got more battery life today.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    'slighty better' is probably tough to quantify. Could be lots of varibales besides an intended improvement- like maybe it reset your screen brightness down a few levels.

Would be nice to see if they did somethign in there on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    'slighty better' is probably tough to quantify. Could be lots of varibales besides an intended improvement- like maybe it reset your screen brightness down a few levels.

Would be nice to see if they did somethign in there on purpose.
    Yeah, the screen brightness and everything like that is the same, (I did a restore with NVbackup) but like I said, my guess is that its all the PRL, since I spend a big part of the day roaming. I just feel like my battery was 5-10% higher or so at the end of the day compared to where its usually at, but its also possible I could be misremembering too.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I was at PRL 20227 before the MR, and I'm noticing better battery life as well (well, instead of 50% drained after being unplugged for 12'ish hours, it was only 25% drained) But one day isn't enough to decide.
    Mine appeared to be much worse, then realized I was running Mundu in the background, DOH!!! Will have to report back tomorrow on battery drain.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Working:

TreoAlarm
    GooSync
    Splash ID
    Minutes Plus

Bluetooth:
    Motorolla HS820
    Bluetooth File Exchange (sent file from my mac to the Treo)
    OK, Palm is freaking useless. They post on their site to call 1-866-750-7256 if you had issues after applying MR. One would thinks that at a minimum they would be tracking issues that folks are having.

I wanted to report my issues which were/are:
    1) Applying MR via USB dumped out on me after reset of device and I got "unrecognized device" message. A subsequent factory reset and application via SD seemed to work.
    2) post MR my .wav ringtones that worked previously no longer work and won't play in sound recorder app either.
    3) Mysterious beeps coming from earpiece even when phone is off is driving me nuts
    4) phone tends to randomly reset during hotsyncs (generally immediately after one of those beeps is heard).

Palm's answer is to factory reset. After I've explained I've done that twice. Guess what their answer is: "send in the unit for repair" WTF?!?!?!
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    the "mysterious beeps" seem to be related to when you're in a marginal coverage area & the phone switches from Sprint to Roaming to No Service.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atbodamer View Post
    the "mysterious beeps" seem to be related to when you're in a marginal coverage area & the phone switches from Sprint to Roaming to No Service.
    The mysterious beeps are happening during other alert tones as well (e.g., SMS alerts).
    Hmm...today my IR works. Cool.

I also was having some random resets, and found out it was TreoLnchr, so I downloaded the latest version. We'll see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Anyone noticing slightly better battery life? I guess its probably due to the PRL change because I have to roam at work and during the commute, but I'd swear that I got more battery life today.
    Over 4 hours today my 700p's battery level fell from 100% to 86% without any use of the Treo and with the phone radio turned off. Will be watching this.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Musicman,
    I had a reset today, but Treo reports unk app caused it. hmm. I'll wait and see if it happens again before grabbing latest TL.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    My reset happened while my Treo was sitting on my desk untouched. I had the version of TreoLnchr available on the website, not the one from the forums, so it was very outdated. So far so good with the new version for 755ps.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Sprint's Business Connection Personal Edition no longer displays unread e-mails while in the phone application.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    My bluetooth Holux gps 236 will no longer pair with my treo 700p. However, my scala bluetooth headset stays paired all the time.
    Treo just reset trying to dial a quick dial number (has NEVER happened before). No error reported by ##377#. Weird.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    My BT headset will not connect when there is anything plugged into the headphone jack.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    You try going to Preferences, Hands-Free, and checking to Always route call to hands free device?

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You try going to Preferences, Hands-Free, and checking to Always route call to hands free device?
    Yes, it also seems the 755p has the same problem.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I called Palm today they are sending me a replacement 700 without the update installed. I couldn't take the fact that my battery life is draining so fast. It resets all of the time, my sms app still locks up and Blazer still doesn't work and the worst problem is that the recent apps function has taken over the home key.