Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Musicman,
    I don't have a device to beam to at the moment, but I initiated a beam and it started searching for a device to beam to. Did yours get that far?
    Mine does search and results in not being able to find a receiving computer (no receiving device around).
    My bluetooth headset was working before, although I would have to do a system reset once a day right after I turned on bluetooth. Now it pairs fine, and receives calls ok, and even sends call from the redial function in the earpiece. But when I try to send a call, either from the contacts list or directly "dialing", it connects to the other party but does not transfer the audio to the ear piece. The far site can hear me from my bluetooth ear piece but I cannot hear them. In a test it took the ear piece 90 seconds before audio was heard.
    "I want my 2 dollars!"
    - Better Off Dead -
    No, mine doesn't get that far. it immediately says something like cannot initialize library or cannot open library.
    Quispus,
    Have you gone into Preferences-Hands-Free, and checked the option to Always route call to hands free device?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Ok. Update went flawlessly using the SD card, NVBackup, hard reset, etc. No loops, came right back up in about 25 minutes. After restoring applications, none of them caused a reset or crashed the system. Found myself with Google Maps 1.0 so had to download the latest version. Pocket tunes Deluxe was still there as I left it, as was Kinoma 4EX.

Can breathe again.

So far only two things are disappointing. First, I really hoped this would fix the problem with my 4GB SD card disappearing everytime I powered down and up (the 2GB card has always been bulletproof). The update doesn't seem to have improved this and I am now hesitant to buy a pricey big capacity card despite the advertised improved card support. Getting a lot more storage was a big reason I was willing to make the leap on this update in the first place -- I'm surprised the quest for more SD card capacity isn't a bigger topic around here.

Also, my MagicButton doesn't work anymore for some reason. I don't see anyone reporting yea or nay in the summary in the first post -- can't imagine this being overlooked -- it's REAL important for me. Anyone else seeing this issue?

-- Mike
    PXA Clocker used to work on my 700, then a few months ago it caused the white screen of death whenever I tried to turn it on.

It works again! Not perfect (I've had at least one reset) but it's as good as it's ever been for the 700p.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    PXA Clocker used to work on my 700, then a few months ago it caused the white screen of death whenever I tried to turn it on.

It works again! Not perfect (I've had at least one reset) but it's as good as it's ever been for the 700p.
    Thats good news! I will test PXA shortly...
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_ View Post
    Ok. Update went flawlessly using the SD card, NVBackup, hard reset, etc. No loops, came right back up in about 25 minutes. After restoring applications, none of them caused a reset or crashed the system. Found myself with Google Maps 1.0 so had to download the latest version. Pocket tunes Deluxe was still there as I left it, as was Kinoma 4EX.

Can breathe again.

So far only two things are disappointing. First, I really hoped this would fix the problem with my 4GB SD card disappearing everytime I powered down and up (the 2GB card has always been bulletproof). The update doesn't seem to have improved this and I am now hesitant to buy a pricey big capacity card despite the advertised improved card support. Getting a lot more storage was a big reason I was willing to make the leap on this update in the first place -- I'm surprised the quest for more SD card capacity isn't a bigger topic around here.

Also, my MagicButton doesn't work anymore for some reason. I don't see anyone reporting yea or nay in the summary in the first post -- can't imagine this being overlooked -- it's REAL important for me. Anyone else seeing this issue?

-- Mike
    My aData 8GB SDHC card works flawlessly after the update. No issues with recognition, speed or anything else. No additional software was required.

The only issue (which really isnt an issue for me) is that the OS only sees 4GB, but that wont prevent you from putting more data on the card (and having it be seen).
    just updated mine, squat happened. still 1.08 software, still resets when i run on demand and other junk as well. After an hour of updating for nothing. during the beginning of the update it said that i needed to delete some stuff when i had a little bit over 20 mb free so i deleted some stuff and it continued to update and nothing changed.
    You now get the battery level indicator icon when using the Hands Free Link. Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    just updated mine, squat happened. still 1.08 software, still resets when i run on demand and other junk as well. After an hour of updating for nothing. during the beginning of the update it said that i needed to delete some stuff when i had a little bit over 20 mb free so i deleted some stuff and it continued to update and nothing changed.
    What works most of the time.
    Hopefully you have two SD cards.
    Backup phone using NVBackup to one of the SD cards(or another backup program)
    copy palm folder from the SD MR installer zip file from the Palm.com site to a blank SD card.
    Hard Reset the phone (to clean everything off)
    insert SD card containing the MR SD Installer (ie, palm folder).
    Once MR update is done, restore from the backup located on the other SD card.

Have read that some peole were successful installing the MR using a non blank SD card containing the palm folder with the MR in it. If using your current Treo SD card, simply rename the palm folder currently on the card and then copy over the MR's Palm folder.

Credit goes to thomasanderson and muncheroo for the non formatted SD card installation:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=188

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=386
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/06/2007 at 06:56 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Something that I noticed working that didn't use to work, is the fetching of email (via Snappermail) while listening to internet radio with Pocket Tunes Deluxe. Very cool!
    After MR,
    Works:
    Google Map 1.1.1
    Pocket Tunes 4.0.1
    DateBk
    ChatterMail
    Kinoma
    TCPMP
    ,etc

Not working
    Memo (will crash)
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCPA View Post
    My aData 8GB SDHC card works flawlessly after the update. No issues with recognition, speed or anything else. No additional software was required.
    Did you have any issues prior to the update with the SD cards disappearing/dismounting frequently, requiring that they be physically ejected and reinserted?

Thanks again for your input...

-- Mike

P.S. Also, would love to hear from anyone whose Toysoft magicButton still works after the update.
    Built in Memos app? Works for me.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I only had one complaint with version 1.08 is the fact that the caller ID on my parrot 3300 kit didn't work. After updating to 1.10 ROM that problem seems to be corrected.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_ View Post
    Did you have any issues prior to the update with the SD cards disappearing/dismounting frequently, requiring that they be physically ejected and reinserted?
    Actually I used to have this issue with my 4gb Ritek card, but ever since I got my 8gb A-Data SDHC card my 700p would always recognize it (once the sdhc hack was applyed pre-MR). I never had problems with it dismounting. Even with the 4gb card, the dismounting problem never happened frequent enough for it to be a problem.
    I tried multiple times and can now verify that Audible player not working. I did fresh hard reset and just tried to install audible and it didnt work. Before I had restored from old backup and it didnt work. Can someone verify this please??
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    USBmodem works great for me after the update (it was my biggest worry).

NVbackup worked for me to restore from, my data all looks great.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Had been using a .wav ringer for voicemail notifications and the wav no longer is playable through sounds app/ringer selection....
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford