Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Trying to set up a thread specifically regarding 700p "hacks" and what effect (if any) the Sprint 700p-1.10 MR has on them.

So far, things are looking good, with most hacks/improvements below working, with the exception of the new Sprint IM application from the Treo 755p.

Past Treo 700p Updates
    • (INCLUDED) Treo 700p IR Update
    • (INCLUDED) May, 2007 Security Update
    • (INCLUDED) Daylight Savings Update

Improvements from other Treo's
    • (INCLUDED) SDHC support from 680
    • (INCLUDED) Recent apps functionality from 755p
    • (INCLUDED) Contacts/Google Maps integration from the 755p (you must have Google Maps installed; it's not part of the MR itself)
    • (NOT INCLUDED) Instant messaging application from 755p

Hacks
    • (WORKS) Bluetooth Tether Hack (allows DUN with standard Vision Plan, ala the 650)
    • (WORKS) Phone overlays, which show call duration etc

Let's keep it focused on these "hacks" where ROM software has been overlayed in RAM - there will be plenty of other threads on compatible software, installation issues, and so forth. I'll update this post as people come in with further experiences and info, so we don't all have to wade through a long thread.
    Last edited by diamondsw; 06/05/2007 at 10:57 AM.
    Yeah, I'd also like to know about the call duration overlay hacks working/not working.

The phone seems "unusable" with that lousy call duration pop-up at the end of each call, and I'd hate to update my ROM and find that thing rear its ugly head again...

Unless, of course, the ROM update would wonderfully provide the option to turn the call duration pop-up "feature" on or off. But I suspect they didn't...
    Dang! The install did remove my Call Log Duration patch! Where, oh where, can I find the replacement?! Shadowmite had to take his down!
    Also helpful would be if the security update and the IR update are included in the ROM update.
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondsw View Post
    Trying to set up a thread specifically regarding 700p "hacks" and what effect (if any) the Sprint 700p-1.10 MR has on them.

The ones I'm most interested in are (to start with):
    • Bluetooth Tether Hack (allows DUN with standard Visio, ala the 650)
    • Phone overlays, which show call duration etc
    • SDHC support from 680 (confirmed in the MR)
    • Contacts/Google Maps integration from the 755p
    • Recent apps functionality from 755p
    • Instant messaging changes from 755p

Let's keep it focused on these "hacks" where ROM software has been overlayed in RAM - there will be plenty of other threads on compatible software, installation issues, and so forth. I'll update this post as people come in with further experiences and info, so we don't all have to wade through a long thread.
    For starters, the MR includes the Contacts/Google Map integration and the recent apps functionality.

The IR update is also included, since I can't run a freshly downloaded copy of it from the new ROM. It says "Incompatible device".
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Dang! The install did remove my Call Log Duration patch! Where, oh where, can I find the replacement?! Shadowmite had to take his down!

look here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=overlay
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    OK - so let us know if the patch works still...
    Anyone, Dont be shy give it a try
    The bluetooth hack still works, as do the overlay hacks. I read that the security update is included as well, though I can't confirm that. The IM program from the 755 is not included, but it is a piece of crap anyway.
    is that the phone interface hack ?

and does that funtion the same in regards to being a substitute for PAM
    Yeah thats what I meant, the hack for tethering, I don't know why I said bluetooth there. It functions the same as before, I tried it using my Vista PC and did it over bluetooth, and it works.
    And what about over ''USB'', anyone else ?
    what about over usb ? anyone ?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Security update is included in update. The app told me after I redownloaded it.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Contacts/Google Maps integration from the 755p This was not included when I did my update. I had to re-add it. Recent apps functionality was.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbanks View Post
    Contacts/Google Maps integration from the 755p This was not included when I did my update. I had to re-add it. Recent apps functionality was.
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbanks View Post
    That is incorrect. It was included on mine, it just wasn't noticable until you installed google maps.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    That is incorrect. It was included on mine, it just wasn't noticable until you installed google maps.
    Just to confirm - the updated contacts application is in place, but Google Maps is not? In that case, is there any way to get Google Maps 1.1.2, other than via a Treo 755p ROM? As far as I know, their web site only has v1.1.1, and I don't know if that's compatible.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Ah.
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondsw View Post
    Just to confirm - the updated contacts application is in place, but Google Maps is not? In that case, is there any way to get Google Maps 1.1.2, other than via a Treo 755p ROM? As far as I know, their web site only has v1.1.1, and I don't know if that's compatible.
    Exactly.

1.1.1 is perfectly compatible, I downloaded it from the google site, and still have the map button working correctly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast