Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As I kinda predicted the BT does not work on the 700p post MR. It did work before the update. The 755p also would not pair with my vehicle. I do not know why Palm cannot get it right??
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    As I kinda predicted the BT does not work on the 700p post MR. It did work before the update. The 755p also would not pair with my vehicle. I do not know why Palm cannot get it right??
    Sounds just about as I expected... fixed some things and other problmes are poping up...

seems like most or running the MR update with out any problems, but a few are experienceing reset loops.... Keep us informed...
    morningstar1844,
    I drive a 2007 Lexus GS 450h with a very similar bluetooth implementation as your Camary... Worked OK prior to the MR, but after the MR it works GREAT. Called ID, Signal and battery strength all function perfectly. The sound is 10 times better quality as well.

After you pair and enter the code generated by your NAV try pressing a number key on your treo and hitting dial and see if it then connects and pairs.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    BT after the MR is MUCH better on my BMW 335i. Amazingly better!! However, BMW was one of their listed fixes...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    I thought my bt failed as well, what you have to do is pair the phone then go back into the BT setup on the phone click trusted devices, highligh the entry then click in the upper left hand screen to bring up the menu and click "connect". or just follow the directions on your phone as it goes through setup it says you have to hit connect. Read the screen.
    i hd the same issue on my 07 camry hybrid. i tried to cnnect manually, but was using the center button on the 5 way navigation thingy...i used the stylus this time t hit connect and BAM...it is working. signal strength is on the display now...as is the caller id.
    You folks drive some nice cars, hopefully I will be picking up a 2006 acura tsx with bluetooth soon... Otherwise, im sure tracerrx will be more than gracious enough to loan me his lexus.
    AT&T > US Cellular > TMobile > Nextel > Sprint

IIIxe > Vx > toshiba pocket pc > treo 650 > treo 700p (crapper) > 755p burgundy (with a few motorolas and nokias in between....and im 21 years old)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Morningstar, have you had success getting this going on your Camry? I have a Camry Hybrid, (not the Nav) and I'm waiting to see if the MR hoses the BT capability I've had to this point...
    CjMoney -- No way your getting my lexus... Hybrid == HOV sticker == Shorter drive to work!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Morningstar...did you get it working? I would do the SD version if I know that I can get the BT working on ye ole' Camry...
    On my Acura RL 2006, it works better than pre-MR...the battery strength indicator was never there before and now it is there after. Seems more clear as some said above.

I don't know if this was one of the listed models, never looked, but worked before and better after.
    I have the same problem on my 07 RAV4; worked fine pre-MR (except for caller ID), cannot even get the car to acknowledge pairing post-MR (although the phone appears to think it is paired). I will try sdiamond85's suggestion regarding the "connect" from trusted devices screen after pairing (I did not have to do this before, but I hope it works).
    sdiamond85:

Thanks for your suggestion (although, in the course of pairing prior to things working, I still never got car to acknowledge pairing even after selecting connect). But this is what did finally work:

1) Pair the device as the phone and car instruct;
    2.) after entering the pairing code in the phone and hitting connect, I returned to the "trusted devices" screen, highlighted the "Hands Free" device, and hit the "menu" key and the "disconnect" pulldown;
    3.) hit the "menu" key again and selected "connect," at which point the car acknowledged pairing and everything began to work.
    4.) As others have said, I also made sure that, under "Preferences", "Hands free", the checkbox was selected to "always route calls to hands-free."

I am really glad to get this working again. It was a real letdown to have so much trouble pairing after the MR.
    67ford, which steps did you do on the phone and which on the car unit? I have the same problem but my nav is an after market Pioneer system that worked before but not now.
    charliewat:

I am not sure exactly what you mean, but I basically stepped through the process that the Toyota system dictates. That is, I initiated the paring process on the radio head. At the point it provides a code to pair with the phone, I started the phone pairing process (see step 1). When the phone found the radio, it requested the pair code provided by the radio (step 2).

At this point in step 2, I returned to the "trusted devices" screen on the Treo, highlighted the "Hands Free" device (the name of the radio as seen by the Treo), and hit the "menu" key and the "disconnect" pulldown on the Treo.

Steps 3 AND 4 were all on the Treo as well.

Good luck.
    I can't get pairing to work AT ALL after the upgrade. My 700p sees the device it needs to pair with, but when I tell it to connect, I never get prompted for the passcode. I get a 'could not connect error' with a 'retry?' prompt. Retrying fails a second time and then banishes me back to the start screen of the bluetooth app.

I've tried numerous times, for probably about 45 mins total if you add up all the occasions. I'm very frustrated now. Help!!!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I had that prob once. (I haven't applied the MR. This was just the BT being annoying.)

For me, what worked was pulling the battery, which I guess creates a soft reset. Then it worked fine. Obvioulsy, YMMV, but it's worth a shot...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    BT after the MR is MUCH better on my BMW 335i. Amazingly better!! However, BMW was one of their listed fixes...

SMEGGIE
    Ha!! This lasted for about a day!! Now, intermittently, when I get into my car, my phone "tries" to pair with the car's BT and then hangs on the car's connecting screen. I have to reset the 700Pieceof**** to stop it from trying to connect. After that, if I get a call, again, I'm hosed because now the sound levels - that were fine before the MR - are now AFU. I can make calls from my phone and talk through my car, but all calls have to be made from the 700P's dialer.

Idiots I tell ya. Idiots.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffois View Post
    I had that prob once. (I haven't applied the MR. This was just the BT being annoying.)

For me, what worked was pulling the battery, which I guess creates a soft reset. Then it worked fine. Obvioulsy, YMMV, but it's worth a shot...
    That one has worked for me in the past also, but this is beyond reboot-fixin.

Update: I've gotten the phone to see the car bluetooth now. It even thinks it's paired (on occasion), but then I make a call, the phone goes to bluetooth output, but the car bluetooth never gets a signal. So now the audio is being lost in bluetooth-land... grrrr
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    My prius did well before the update , but could not connect after. Actually my phone saw the car but the car did not see the phone. After reading this thread, I just pressed menu and then connect and voila it worked. Lets see how long it lasts. Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast