1.    #1  
    New Alltel Treo 700p... so far, so good. Great network speed, better reception then the 600. Everything is faster, I do get a lag now and then (the kind considered a bug to be fixed by the update) but my 650 lagged too, so no big deal.

I am trying to figure a few things out and get it optimized for my uses.

I can't rearrange the first 11 speed dial / favorites spots. All are locked in place, and only the bottom 3 spots are available on the first page. Is this normal for the 700p, or Alltel, or a problem with my phone? Pretty annoying... I use my speed dial for #s, and buttons for apps.

Has anyone managed to put the 680 type phone application on the 700? I really liked it when I tried it out at the AT&T store.

I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions for must-have stuff specific to the 700p. (I had my 650 for 1-1/2 yrs, and a 600 before that)
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    Quote Originally Posted by mtt View Post

I can't rearrange the first 11 speed dial / favorites spots. All are locked in place, and only the bottom 3 spots are available on the first page. Is this normal for the 700p, or Alltel, or a problem with my phone? Pretty annoying... I use my speed dial for #s, and buttons for apps.
    From the phone app, have you tried doing Edit Favorites Pages? And then dragging the buttons to your desired location?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by egn View Post
    From the phone app, have you tried doing Edit Favorites Pages? And then dragging the buttons to your desired location?
    Yes. Repeatedly. (not my first Treo...)
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    If you edit the file for favorites within Filez, you can delete the records within. After you do this, it'll let you put whatever you want there.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you edit the file for favorites within Filez, you can delete the records within. After you do this, it'll let you put whatever you want there.
    That is the kind of info I am looking for... haven't gotten it to work yet though. Can you give me more details?
    MTT
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Is the locked favorites an Alltel thing?
    Well, for Sprint, the voicemail button is locked, as are a few of the bookmarks in the web browser.

As for more details:

Open filez, view and edit files, internal, and the file is PhoneFavorites2DB. Tap on that, a check will appear on the left of it, menu> edit. It'll show a list of records, each one corresponds to a different favorite. If you delete those, then you'll be able to create new ones for whatever you want.

The BlazerBookmarks file is the same thing for the web browser.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you... that worked. All the locked favorites are gone, I can add new speed dials.
    MTT